NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NE Ohio CCFan Get Together Aug 5th - 7th

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2011 at 3:29am
I just tried it Brian and was able to get sites available. Are you sure you are selecting Salt Fork? Also, make sure you DO NOT select anything beside "Prefered Site".

Once you bring up the map you can click on each campsite to get details then "Add To Cart" to reserve the site.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2011 at 7:49pm
Brian, Were you able to get a spot reserved? If you're having trouble just give them a call. don't wait or they will fill up.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2011 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

I think salt fork is a great idea! Berlin is nice and close but you are right about the water levels and we wouldnt want someone to trash their prop on an errant stump (they are out there). Its never very deep, I dove off the boat last week in the middle of the ski zone and touched the bottom.
Much better ammenities at salt fork as well, campers dock and launch, boaters beach,lodge etc. I doubt my wife and I will be camping but we will come for a visit, you never know maybe we will. I am writing that weekend on the calendar.

So, are you in Justin? If you and the wife aren't into camping, you may want to look into getting a room at the lodge.

hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2011 at 7:48pm
Randy, I ran into another hurdle. We host a scholarship fundraiser- pig roast that weekend I overlooked !
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2011 at 8:27pm
That sucks Brian, I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next time? If you can make it just for the day come on out. I'm putting together plans for a cookout Friday and/or Saturday night, waiting to see how many we have on board, so even if you can make it for the day come on out.

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 3:35pm
2 sites reserved, F59 and F60. So far I think we have everything in red.

For anybody making up their mind still, Randy says the campsites fill fast, and he knows better than I do, so jump on it.

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 8:40pm
Excellent Adam.

Yes, the campsites fill up quick. I really want to fill up sites F61, F11 and F55 - F58 with CCFans. Next year we will have to start our planning earlier... If you are on the fence, I urge you to reserve a campsite NOW. These spots may very well be taken up by others before the weekend is over. I talked to the camp office and they mentioned that they are filling up quick for that weekend because their is a craft show or something like that also that weekend. If you reserve a campsite and later decide you can not attend, you will only be out your reservation fee of $8.25 if you cancel 31 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. If you cancel 4-30 days prior to your arrival date you will lose your $8.25 reservation fee + $10 cancellation fee ($18.25) (and in that case you could probably work something out with them if someone else wanted the site.)

So please, don't wait till the last minute!

Reserve Your Campsite Now

Also, I need to get an idea of how many will be coming so that we can plan for food. I'm planning on having a cookout one, maybe two evenings down at the beach, which should be a great place to have a cookout.

Joe, Justin, Joe/NY, Eric, - What's up? are you going to make it or not?

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2011 at 11:04am
day trip
"the things you own will start to own you"
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2011 at 1:48am
Randy,

I wouldn't mind dragging my Shamrock down to Salt Fork. I know it's a Correct Craft event, but the Shamrock sits on a DV4 CC trailer.

Sam
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2011 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by sam57 sam57 wrote:

I wouldn't mind dragging my Shamrock down to Salt Fork. I know it's a Correct Craft event, but the Shamrock sits on a DV4 CC trailer.
Sam

Close enough!
82wake2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2011 at 8:18pm
Randy where you at portage last night ? Got the SN out. Finally runs after two years!
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2011 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by 82wake2001 82wake2001 wrote:

Randy where you at portage last night ? Got the SN out. Finally runs after two years!

Yep, I sure was! How did she run?

You get your campsite yet?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2011 at 9:49pm
I thought that was your boat. I was going to turn around. Was by the beach/dustys.

Ran awesome.   At one point was idling at 450. Seems like the throttle is stiff though.

No campsite yet. I am for sure making a day trip down    I need to ge tmy boating buddies in line.   Lol.
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2011 at 12:04am

I thought that was your boat. I was going to turn around. Was by the beach/dustys.

You should have! I think I seen your boat, you had a bunch of people on board? We were probably headed back to the ramp. I took one or two laps around the blender then headed in.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2011 at 12:10am

No campsite yet. I am for sure making a day trip down    I need to ge tmy boating buddies in line.   Lol.

Reserve a campsite so you can stay for dinner and drinks around the fire.
Bring the boating buddies along!

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2011 at 1:25pm
there was an 83ish nautique at salt fork on saturday, wonder if it is anyone on here? I will come down on friday night but I cant stay. I forgot that is the weekend we are taking the boat up to michigan for vacation for a week. We leave saturday but we will be down with it on friday and hang out for a bit.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2011 at 2:44pm
Sites in the Loop F are filling up, hopefully with CCFans!

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2011 at 2:54pm
Sounds like Joe backed out
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2011 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Sounds like Joe backed out

I think the extra hour travel may have discouraged him.

The first location I suggested at Berlin lake would have been great if we had planed earlier, but I'm afraid the water may be too low there and I don't want people not familiar with that lake to damage their boats.

This is kind of a practice run. We'll see how it goes, get feed back and get ideas for next year. I think we are in a good central location for a lot of CCFans and we have a lot of nice lakes in our area.

I'm really looking forward to meeting up with the local CCFans. Boating is more fun when you have other friends with boats! I have a lot of friends, but none with boats, it would be nice to meet up with others at our local lakes.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2011 at 4:27pm
I am probably out. It is really hard to keep a consistent crew together for weekend watersports/recreation throughout the course of the summer if I am gone every couple weeks. If it was closer I might be able to talk a crew into traveling with me but trading three days on the home lake for one full day in ohio is a tough sell. As many here can attest I have a lot of experience with what can and can’t be fit into a weekend so I got to go with my gut there. That being said if it looks like rain, cool, or windy here that weekend and good weather down there it is likely I will ride in at the last minute.   It is certainly more important that you ohio types get some time in than the NY guy making it in.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2011 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Tappan Lake has a 299HP limit. Which is probably fine for you and I, but that may be a problem for Joe.

Tappan's limit is 399HP, FYI.

They changed it to accommodate modern ski boat engines.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2011 at 6:02pm
Maybe next year Joe. If you do change your mind and come at the last minute well have room for you.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2011 at 6:06pm
Watrski- I seen that the horsepower was listed at 399 for Tappan Lake at another site after I posted that, wasn't sure which one was right at that point. The reason I decided on SF and not Tappan was the fact that I'm familiar with SF and have never been to Tappan. I want to take a trip out there this year and check it out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2011 at 11:33am
I will be coming down...The SN is running like a champ and I cant wait to get the boat on a big lake......
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2011 at 3:35pm

I will be coming down...The SN is running like a champ and I cant wait to get the boat on a big lake......

Did you reserve a campsite yet Joe?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 11:30am
Well I had a hiccup with some water in the transmission. I think I resolved the issue with a sucker pump and a case of transmission fluid, ya the price is insane on Transmission fluid. o more pepto looking fluid after 4 flushes. I will get her out Sunday and make sure everything is back to normal. I really want to get my boat down their for the weekend. If not can anyone pull a 200 pound wakeboarder!!!
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 11:47am
ha!
Ya I can give you a tow!! I am 210, however no tower on mine sorry joe. We will only be down on friday night as we are heading to michigan for vacation with the boat on saturday. Is anyone else gonna be down on friday? Might try to get some late runs in.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

Is anyone else gonna be down on friday? Might try to get some late runs in.

I'm planning on showing up on Thursday afternoon.

Joe- I had the strawberry milkshake in the tranny back when I first got my boat, I flushed it out like you did and it was fine for a couple years, then it started leaking real bad and then it had to go see Eric You should be fine for the rest of the season, hopefully longer. The big question is: How did you get water in the tranny in the first place?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 1:46pm
The dip stick came loose...was just sitting in their....lets hope tha is it anyhow.... I am sure it is...
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 3:16pm
Joe- I hope that's all it was, but wouldn't the water have to get pretty high in the bilge before it would get in there?

We'll be down at Salt Fork this weekend Saturday and Sunday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic