NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 Northeast Reunion — August 26-28, 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 910111213>
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 12:22am
By far, the best CCF reunion I've been to. It was awesome. Patricia took hundreds of photos. We'll post them soon. Awesome time, words can't describe.

Thanks to Tim, Joe and Eric for chatting with me about new boats. Tim was particularly helpful. Hate to sell it but the '86 will be up for sale soon. The guys are going to help me find a rare Nautique. I have reservations because the '86 looks and runs so well. I'm sure I'll find another gem somewhere.

Pics will be posted soon.

Ken
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 12:38am
Five of us left in nh, Reid Laurie Eric halston and myself good times.. Looking forward to the Pictures.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 1:33am
And then there was three...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 1:34am
what is the weather like there now joe?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 1:54pm
Probably the most watersports at any reunion. Slalom through the course, surfing my '94 SN (for real), footing behind the crush and Brad's '86 SN, boarding, tricking and loading up the 230 surfing a monster wake.

Can't believe we got in two perfect weather days before the storm. Someone was on our side.

More to come. Heavy rain and wind in New England right now. We'll see how long we have power.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 2:23pm
Drivin through a hurricane with joeny headed to the Fennessy compound
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 2:47pm
GLAD to hear everyone's making it HOME safely!

Hoss- give me a shout when you get home.

Can't wait for some PICS!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 3:30pm
Marty your top is in route with Reid.    

Excellent time as usual. There was a big crowd of Meloons there. Mr. Ralph was gracious as usual. It was great to see everyone. Thanks Keith and Pete MacCallum!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

And then there was three...

Yep, Laurie and I decided about 10pm to head north and west to dodge some weather as we'd otherwise be driving right thru it headed directly home.   We made it up to Burlington, VT by 1:30am. Slept til 6am, then headed to our new safer haven and exciting destination of Clayton, NY, and the Antique Boat Museum. We've gotten side tracked at Alexander Bay right now for a beer(s) and chow, but we'll be checking out classic boats in about an hour. Weather's been only light rain and 15-25mph wind way over here adjacent the St Laurence River.

As for the reunion, several have already summed it up well. We had a blast and esp with the surfing and our incredible host Mike from MacCallum's. I'll bet he logged 10 hrs behind the wheel of that gorgeous 230. And along with z handful of others I can say that I officially surfed! Great time!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 4:57pm
Another great reunion!
Thanks to all- Keith, Allison, McCallums, Meloons, sponsors (Alan) and all the fans who made it a fun weekend for all.

Cheney was thrilled that she was able to do all 5 things she wanted to this weekend- slalom, barefoot, trick, wakeboard and especially- SURF!

I spent most of the weekend at the throttle, but got to ski a few tandem and triple barefoot runs with Tim and Keith- that was great fellas! thanks for the runs guys! Trick skiing behin the crush was fun too.

Tim- that doubles run down the channell behind your skier Friday night was awesome!
We'll have to practice that swim platform flyer again next time!

Greg, let me know if you end up getting a ticket in the mail for pulling that mega ski (7 skiers)- I'll split it with you I can't help but feel *partially* responsible- hahaha   

We didn't get many photos, but we'll be sure to post the good ones.

Was great to see everyone and thier boats again. Also good meet the new fans too.

Looking forward to all the photos from Picture Patty and Melisser too.

-Brad
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 6:59pm
Glad to hear you had good weather for most of the event. I'm looking forward to the photos too. The heavy water sports part sounds perfect. Next year......
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 7:24pm
Patricia got some awesome photos. Our power is out, so we can't post anything. I'm on my BlackBerry. Thank you very much, Brad for getting Liam up on skis for the first time ever. He did well long line too. For a 9 year old, I was very impressed. Pictures to follow. We're so thrilled with MacCallum's. They were such great hosts. That's a ton of work. Keith, we thank you for another successful reunion. Now matter how hectic it is, you always check on us to see how things are going. I enjoyed the 230 and surfing. Amazing how easy a beer can be handed to the person who is boarding (Eric). We hit some wicked down pours on the way home. We secured everything just on time. Had to take down the POW-MIA flag this morning but the American Flag is hanging in there. On a side note, looking to possibly purchase the 99 Python on this site. We'll see what happens!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 7:33pm
Although we bailed early my entire famiy had a great time. Peter MacCallum and his crew were gracious hosts once again. Seeing Reid, Eric, Brad, Tim, Keith, Ken, their families, and the other names I missed was like being at a family reunion. My kids not only got to see some one (Randy) ski in the 30+ off range frome the boat they each got an extensive lesson from him on honing their technique. They especially like the Orange Crush. Thanks Tim & Randy and to Brad for bringng him along. I am glad to have seen Mr. Ralph again and finnally have my glove box lid signed. We have some pictures but are running limetd capabilities as we are on generator power. No damage here just some small branches. Water level on the lake is up about a foot. My docks were 8-10 inches out of the water and now the decks are flush and going under. We were able to get the boat into the garage before it really let loose.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 9:02pm
Sounds like a great time, wish I could have made it!

Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

We'll have to practice that swim platform flyer again next time!

Greg, let me know if you end up getting a ticket in the mail for pulling that mega ski (7 skiers)- I'll split it with you I can't help but feel *partially* responsible- hahaha   

Tell us more about the "swim platform flyer" and the 7 skiers. I take it the local warden didn't like 7 skiers without 7 spotters?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 9:17pm
I'm looking forward to posting the photos Patricia took. I heard our electricity will be out for a week now. Tough storm!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 11:31pm
Well y'all might think the party ended early but in reality it just moved to auburn ny. Joeinny and sweet77 are getting it done just west of the hurricane effected zone.. We plan on doing in up till he flies out on tuesday afternoon, Reid is about an hour north of Here, hopefully we can get them to stop in on the way through.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 11:47pm
Kevin- Glad to hear that your kids enjoyed the show and got some good instruction too. It is pretty impressive (and humbling) to see skiers at his level perform. Randy is a great skiier/ instructor and just plain fun to ski with. btw- he is working and training at Pangea Puddle in NY this summer if anyone wishes to Google it. He placed 7th overall in his division (M1) at Nationals just a couple weeks ago. He drove 5 hours to get to the reunion by 7 am Saturday morning. He had a great time and really enjoyed surfing behind the 230 for the first time.

Kevin- is your lake Dam controlled? Our is and we let 6 inches out of it last week in anticipation of the heavy rainfall. As a general rule- our lake rises 2 inches for every 1 inch of rainfall. As of tonight we are back up to summer pool level with a lots of headwater going over the dam. It may rise a little more overnight and tomorrow- but certainly won't be an issue. Hope you guys get back to normal soon.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 12:03am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Sounds like a great time, wish I could have made it!

Tell us more about the "swim platform flyer" and the 7 skiers. I take it the local warden didn't like 7 skiers without 7 spotters?

Well...you see....As the 7 person mega ski was organizing itself behind the CRUSH a local marine patrolman came by...He seemed interested in what was about to transpire. I wandered over to ask him if it would be okay for a 7 man mega ski...He said max of 2 skiers behind the boat without a permit. Then he said he was headed straight back to the ramp and if noone got hurt and he didn't see it happen- that it didn't happen...
Soooo... The orange crush with 7 skiers in tow must have beat the marine patrolman back to the ramp because he saw it and wasn't too happy with us (Gregg especially since he was pulling it).

That's my story and I'm stickin to it
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 1:02am
My experience in NH is that the guys on the small lakes are usually pretty decent, and it sounds like he was trying to be a good sport. Oh, well, I'm still happy to hear you got the 7 person ski in! I'm guessing the Crush barely even noticed the load it was pulling?

So we need a permit for the slalom course, a permit for more than 2 skiers. Did you ask if we need a permit for Eric to drink a beer while surfing?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 2:48am
My camera wasn't used much - I had the GoPro out most of the weekend instead.

Here's what I did find on the camera when I got home (not sure I took any of them):

The old '94 - offical tow boat of the reunion

Phil (lfskizzer) - Friday morning right after the course went in. Not the best conditions but bettter than a day at work

Phil (lfskizzer)

Phil (lfskizzer)

Phil (lfskizzer)

Sweet77 - all the way from FL!

JoeinNY

JoeinNY

One of me

One of me

Mr. Ralph presenting - Saturday Night

Dinner (quickly moved inside due to the pending rain)

Dinner (quickly moved inside due to the pending rain)

Mr. Ralph with family

Bruce (Reily) 1966 Mustang - Best of Class - Pre 1970

Brad (Barracuda) 1986 SN - Best of Class 1982-1989

Kyle (66skylark) 1998 SN 176 - Best of Class 1990-1999, 3rd Fastest Boat (51 mph)

Greg (30Rock) Orange Crush - Best of Class 200-2011, Best Engine, 2nd Fastest (54 mph)

Reid (reidp) 1966 Barracuda - Best of Show

Reid explaining the boat is also owned by the Harts and that Dave Hart is the one who did all the work on the boat

Reid presenting Best of Show to Dave Hart

Halston (Sweet77) - Most Dedicated

Halston (Sweet77) - Most Dedicated

Raffle Prizes
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 11:43am
I did not take many pictures this year, but David did, including a great hole shot video of Peter Conolly's Skylark. That boat flys!

Here's what I got.
Reid, Laurie and Tom in front of Fryes Leap, Sebago Lake, in the beautiful Barracuda a couple days before the reunion.

Reunion shots

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 5:20pm
Id have to agree that this was probably the best reunion Ive been to as far as watersports are concerned, which is pretty impressive considering Irene cut us a day short! There arent many weekends I get to foot/slalom/trick/surf... good times. Of course, it was great seeing everyone- these events never disappoint as far as the people are concerned. The boats were pretty decent too! I actually was able to coerce Melissa into getting some pictures off her camera, so hopefully Joe will be satisfied:

Flyer off the Crush:

Our spotter:

Footing Sat AM:

Randy throwing down in the course:

Chilling at the sand bar:

Eric airing it out:

Dave getting upside down:

Eric surfing... pretty sure it was his first time because I dont think he is doing it right:

Luckily, Reid was there to give him a lesson:

The "Run whatchya brung" megaski... note Tom's Skurfer!

5/7 aint too bad:

Escaping with a warning:

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Id have to agree that this was probably the best reunion Ive been to as far as watersports are concerned, which is pretty impressive considering Irene cut us a day short! There arent many weekends I get to foot/slalom/trick/surf... good times. Of course, it was great seeing everyone- these events never disappoint as far as the people are concerned. The boats were pretty decent too! I actually was able to coerce Melissa into getting some pictures off her camera, so hopefully Joe will be satisfied:

Footing Sat AM:

Very funny!!

Tho the tribute to/in my absence is much appreciated (I think)

Wish I could have been there to make it an even 4 and replicate our October 07 run. Next time.

(Where did you find the Gladiator?)
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 5:52pm
Tique sure looks like a ball of fire.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 5:55pm
That's nice Larry was able to make it, unannounced.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 6:23pm
Ha, you were there in spirit, Larry! Ive been saving that suit for this occasion for a few years now... when I packed it, I still thought you were coming. It would have made for some good pics for our doubles run. Next time for sure!

Craig, thats about par for the course... he's a very "special" dog.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 10:38pm
hhmmm bruce how does that video look?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 10:50pm
Peter, it looks great! David took it and his camera to school today. He did want to know whether he should send it to you somehow so you can post it or if you want him to do it.
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 2:17am
I had a great weekend as well and was able to get plenty of water sports in. Thanks for the pulls Gregg and Paul! I didn't take too many pictures but here are a few of the good ones. I'm sure Peter's holeshot video will be posted soon by one of us.

Our neighbors at the Northwood Motel...
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 2:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 910111213>
  Share Topic