NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 Northeast Reunion — August 26-28, 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 13>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011 Northeast Reunion — August 26-28, 2011
    Posted: June-14-2011 at 8:12pm
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 11:17pm
It seemed like was only one of a few that stayed in Concord. Other than camping what else was available? Maybe even closer to Epsom.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 1:02pm
The campground was kind of fun. I stayed there last year and it was cool to be able to hang out by the fire and stuff afterwards.

Can't make this one. My brother's wedding, the only weekend obligation I really had all summer, is the same exact weekend. My brother had fun at least year's as well. Will be looking forward to next year and any small events that come up in the area.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2011 at 10:21am
Theres a the lovely Northwood Motel right up the road Kevin. I stayed there one night last year with Mike Succi and Dave Hendricks. Not a bad place, very basic. I think it was like 65 bucks for the night.

Bruce mentioned to me about a month ago that the northwood motel had 10-12 rooms available for the weekend of the reunion. Obviously that may have changed since it was a month ago.

I can't wait for the reunion. Always a great time, and I think we will have a bigger turnout than last year with extra advanced notice this year. I know many of us discussed if we would be making it to the NE reunion while at the CT mini and I think Brian was the only one who mentioned he wouldnt be able to make it.

"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2011 at 1:03am
I will be booking my room there soon. May even request room 6

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2011 at 12:03am
I am out. Sorry Eric, you will have to carry on the room 6 tradition alone. I'm not going to be able to make this one guys.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2011 at 1:23pm
Mike, that too bad. Sorry to hear that. Something come up?
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2011 at 4:27pm
Mike, We're sorry to hear that, too.

Keith, Is Rhoni going to be there this year?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2011 at 5:10pm
Working on it.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2011 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Working on it.

Any pro wakeboarders coming this year?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 3:58am

Mike, that too bad. Sorry to hear that. Something come up?

Yup. Started a new thread in off topic. Didnt want to mar this one.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 11:48am
Looked in last years thread on this but couldn't find how well the campers faired on this one. Looking to make this one too but gonna have to go the poor mans route and do the tent thing.

Those that were there...........How was it?

A Southerner in Northern territory.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 12:00pm
Tim, that's great that you are going to make it!

Last year the weather was sunny and clear, although windy on the Saturday. Temps were nice, but it wasn't hot.

The end of August is typically nice weather, but the nights can be a little cool, 60's. Northwood Lake is a smaller lake so the water was well into the 70's.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 12:14pm
Not sure, but I think Tim's question focused on the camping. Nice park just a short ride from McCallums, the hosting marina. First night at the campground was pretty quiet. Joe, Brad, someone I didnt know with a PU camper were there, and no after dark activity. By what Eric posted, the second night (I had left) there was a little more camaraderie, as in a gathering around a fire and some socializing.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 2:05pm
Bruce, Larry, thanks to both you guys... Weather report is always good, I'll be fine as long as don't have to "rough"it and if I know my fellow fans like I think I do...after dark activity will happen somewhere.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 2:18pm
Anyone got room on their campsite for 1more with a little pop up tent?
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 2:27pm
One thing I noticed from last year, definitely try to get the after dark activities ironed out ahead of time for Saturday. Otherwise, you risk loosing momentum.

Last year, after a whole day on the water followed by a huge meal with great food, a lot of people just crashed, myself included admittedly. We did at least have enough in us to sit around the camp fire and drink a few.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 2:54pm
As far as evening activities and camping go.. when you leave mccallums.. you take a right to get to the hotel and you take a left to get to the campgrounds. It ain't green lake close so you wont be walking home from either. Evening activties .. the best bet is the pizza place that is a stones throw from the marina. Not exactly a local afterdark hot spot.. but they had a deck and some beers in the cooler and were willing to cater to a large loud group with no place else to go. I believe the plan is for us to give them a bit more heads up this year and see what they can do for us. Nothing wrong with hanging out at the campground around the fire.. except it is too far for the hotel group reasonably to come down have drinks and head back.

There was some talk of heading out to find an actual bar last year but you are talking about far enough of a hike that you will lose most of the crowd and the hanging out with the crew is what it is all about.

The campground put us all in a common field last year.. but my guess is they were hoping for a better turnout for thier efforts. I dont know if they plan to do the same or not.. but it was nice. IIRC, The couple in the truck camper had a nice mustang and were a lot of fun.. hopefully they show back up.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 4:12pm
I thought the pizza place was great and the lady really appreciated our business. It's just across the street and we had the whole place to ourselves. I think if we can get enough people in there this year, she will stay open as long as we're buying.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I thought the pizza place was great and the lady really appreciated our business. It's just across the street and we had the whole place to ourselves. I think if we can get enough people in there this year, she will stay open as long as we're buying.

I thought there was also discussion last year that she would be willing to get a keg for us?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 6:23pm
I think I heard that as well Eric. They stayed open past their regular hours for us, although I think they were hoping for more people than the dozen of so that were there. There was no plan and we just ended up there. I bet if we moved the party over there with plenty of notice she'd accomodate us.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I think I heard that as well Eric. They stayed open past their regular hours for us, although I think they were hoping for more people than the dozen of so that were there. There was no plan and we just ended up there. I bet if we moved the party over there with plenty of notice she'd accomodate us.

I think more people will come over this year if we have definitive plans to go there. Like you said we just kind of showed up there. Hopefully this year we can coordinate and will have a larger group overall
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 10:56am
Just signed up for the reunion. See you all in August.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 10:59am
Eric, our boats would look cool side by side. Same colors, reverse gel. This year I actually have a chance running 0-46 against you. Not like that 454 you had that walked away from me from 30+.

Ken
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 12:41pm
Good to see Ken and Peter signing up. Ken, if Joe brings his parasail are you going to demonstrate it?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2011 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Working on it.

Any pro wakeboarders coming this year?

Pro wakeboarders? Aren't you coming, Eric?

Bruce, I'm up for another parasailing run, as long as there's not wind or rocks!

Ken
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Eric, our boats would look cool side by side. Same colors, reverse gel. This year I actually have a chance running 0-46 against you. Not like that 454 you had that walked away from me from 30+.

Ken

Ken the boat may not be coming back to the north east.

I have an offer but if anyone from CCF is interested they get first dibs. I'll happily tow in back up north for anyone from CCF interested in making an offer.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 2:26pm
Eric, are you selling the '86 already?

Ken
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Eric, are you selling the '86 already?

Ken

Ken- everything's for sale for the right price. It's just about getting the right price to prove Hollywood wrong about making a profit on the boat!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 3:04pm
Eric, you can eventually get your Super Air if you continue to bring these oxidized boats back to their original shine and glory. I'm guessing you should be able to net $1,500-$2,000 profit on the '86. (taking in account of travel to CT and home, cleaning materials and expense of the quantity of beers you drank while shining her up!) I'm guessing you should get about $6,500-$7,000 from the few photos you posted.

Do you have pics of the engine or interior?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 13>
  Share Topic