NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

earthquake

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: earthquake
    Posted: August-23-2011 at 5:03pm
just got a fire page for an earthquake of 5.8 in virginia?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 5:09pm
Our building just swayed back and forth here in Dubuque, IA. Not hard enough for more than a couple people to notice.

I heard it was one in Colorado...

EDIT: believe it was the 5.9 that we felt here in IA
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 5:17pm
We got some movement here in canton ohio
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 5:18pm
It could be felt in Central New York.. word is they evacuated the pentagon
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 5:28pm
Here on the east side suburbs of Cleveland our 4 story office building was shaking a little, but my girl downtown works on the 40th floor of the BP building and she said it was shaking so bad she had to leave and go home.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 6:14pm
All's well from SW Virginia...... No signif damage.....kids sent out of the schools for safety sake .....
TimSpangler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 6:18pm
Felt it in Northern MD. shook the building for about a minute.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2011 at 7:48pm
that ripple went all the way to boston the news said .. amazing how fast things can happen
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 12:08am
Good news, hardly interrupted Obamas golf game. Glad no one got hurt, I bet it freaked out a few skitish New Yorkers though. I would have a hard time going up in any of those skyscrapers without thinking of 911 even when they are not shaking.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 12:12am
I missed the whole thing. May have been dropping in on a 100' tall water slide at the water park at the moment it happened, but then again, maybe I was in the tsunami wavepool?
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic