Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Election 2012 Is Comming

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1112131415 33>
Author
wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 8:01pm
Cain has a book coming out Oct. 4th titled "This is Herman Cain".

From the book, speaking about his father, who he said had a phd. in common sense. "One of the most important lessons Dad taught us was not to feel like victims. He never felt like a victim; he never expressed one ‘victim’ attitude the whole while I knew him. It was his inner self-determination. He just never had that attitude, so we didn't have that attitude."

The man is genuine.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 8:31pm
Yes sir, call me a racist then if him and Obama go at it..He will make Obama look like a wellfare case..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 2:13am
Cat,

If I had the time I would dig up all your racist remarks that you've posted on this forum.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 11:14am
Ski, um, well um, you see, did you know this guy is black?
"the things you own will start to own you"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 1:58pm
You guys are shameless, you accuse (wrongly) the tea party of being racist, you call out Lee (rightfully) for making racist remarks, and then when Lee looks at a black man (whom you disagree with) and sees the man, and not his color, instead of using the teachable moment you remind him that he isn't supposed to like black people. Even if it is tongue in check it is wrong.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Ski, um, well um, you see, did you know this guy is black?

Yes I do bro..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 6:43pm
full black too! lol
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

You guys are shameless, you accuse (wrongly) the tea party of being racist, you call out Lee (rightfully) for making racist remarks, and then when Lee looks at a black man (whom you disagree with) and sees the man, and not his color, instead of using the teachable moment you remind him that he isn't supposed to like black people. Even if it is tongue in check it is wrong.

That right there is some prime example of what it is really like arguing against you.

Ski, brought up the racist crap first, and then you accuse the other.

Nice.

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 10:17pm
Lee is obviously, an out of work democrat, but is too addicted to FOX to realize how dumb his arguments are.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 12:22am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Lee is obviously, an out of work democrat, but is too addicted to FOX to realize how dumb his arguments are.

First off bro, you need to get it straight. Do not call me a democrat!! Thats very offensive to me and what I stand for. I was raised by a vietnam vet, I am ol school thinking, and a christian too. My polotical views follow the same way(Same as the founding fathers created America). Democrats believe in wrongful economic ways and social judment as well. Everything they do espcially Obama is wrong and there alot of people that look for a "free handout",or "free spirited",and I believe in working for what is mine and not for the federal goverment. This is America, and I believe everyone should do it the right way, not the wrong way.

You can bash me all you want and FOX, because it truley shows the class you liberals have. As Obama has done and all other networks. FOX tells the truth and others do not. You hate to hear the truth and are not ABLE to look "outside" the box for real facts, cause even I listend to FOX even when they bashed Bush.I started voting in the second term of Bush jr, and vote one way and would never vote the other.   

Dave thanks my friend.   

BTW, REMEMBER the rich people run this country, NOT the Federal goverment.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 4:38am
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Dave thanks my friend.   

Lee, I have enjoyed your last few posts, you are far more effective when you tell us what you believe and why, rather than posting bumper sticker quotes and bursts of anger.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 4:41am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Seth, are you claiming Lee as a part of your team?
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 11:03am
lets see if excepts an unemployment check, but again his patriotism may not allow that...A democrat doesnt mind helping a fellow American out
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 11:10am
and, who is it that dictates what is right and what is wrong? sounds a little communist to me
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 11:29am
To be called a democrat in the time of our founding fathers was an outright insult.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 11:40am
Greg, then why dont we call ourselves Americans
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 11:50am

Greg, then why dont we call ourselves Americans

That's what I use, especially because I don't agree entirely with any of the parties.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 11:55am

and, who is it that dictates what is right and what is wrong? sounds a little communist to me

Eric, I would agree, Which party is it that promotes individual liberty, and which tries to regulate every aspect of our lives, like smoking on private property? Or which light bulbs we use? Or what must be given to the poor? Or what kind of fuel we use? Or the gas milage of our cars? Or who has to wear a seatbelt or helmet? Or what our kids are taught? Or who we must hire? Or where we can put a cross or a tree? Or what we can eat? Or if we can cut down a tree on our property? Or where we can drive our boats? Or who must wear a PFD? Or.........
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 12:05pm

Eric, I would agree, Which party is it that promotes individual liberty, and which tries to regulate every aspect of our lives, like smoking on private property? Or which light bulbs we use? Or what must be given to the poor? Or what kind of fuel we use? Or the gas milage of our cars? Or who has to wear a seatbelt or helmet? Or what our kids are taught? Or who we must hire? Or where we can put a cross or a tree? Or what we can eat? Or if we can cut down a tree on our property? Or where we can drive our boats? Or who must wear a PFD? Or.........

.........somebody has to watch out for us...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 1:21pm
man, im just trying to make this a betterplace. Ive really had it with these fools in office, what is it to be an american? what does it boil down to being an american?
i really think the world looks at us as a powerful but dumb nation, weve slipped in education, manufacturing, we cant even take care of ourselves and then you got these fools fighting to get into power.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 2:12pm

Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Dave thanks my friend.   

Lee, I have enjoyed your last few posts, you are far more effective when you tell us what you believe and why, rather than posting bumper sticker quotes and bursts of anger.

Sorry for the angrer sometimes, but after the good guys lost to Obama in the election, I was like everyne else, I will give this guy a chance. I used to not HATE democrats this much, but after really seeing a full fledge lefty(liberal) at work on there polocies, I really hate the left with a passion now and can get quite angry,espcially if you read and listen to how they think running a country and literlally in the ground. They need to take Economics 101. Read the Constitution, and Declaration of Independence. Its very simple, but the left do not get it. I will in the future watch my anger a little more closer. Thanks Dave, I have learned lots from you and many others on this site. Thanks bro..

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 2:16pm

lets see if excepts an unemployment check, but again his patriotism may not allow that...A democrat doesnt mind helping a fellow American out

Eric,

If you read the bottom of my post, I recieved a 3month severance pkge which did me fine. I just found a job last week, it is not what I want to do, but will work until the better job to come along.

I did not file for Unemployment.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

To be called a democrat in the time of our founding fathers was an outright insult.

Yes sir Greg... Down right insulting.

And it is just these things like this. Obama is bashing the GOP for gays in the military. This makes me sick, only a democrat would do some horrile stuff like this. I dont care you are quir, or gay, but having reform with this gay crap is not accepted. They have to be judged one day not me, but look at this article. This is what I am talking about.

OBAMA BASHING GOP for Gay military
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 12:42am
Thats funny thing to get all excited about Lee considering your new buddy Cain agreed with Obama that he and the other candidates should have stood up for the Gay soldier who has volunteered to risk his life to defend this country in wartime only to be booed at the debate while the candidates sat silent.

I guess your disgusted by him now too?

The same people who just want the government to leave big business alone never seem to have a problem telling people what they can and cant do in thier own bedrooms.

But all regulation is bad, unless it is anti immigration regulation, or anti union regulation, or regulation keeping gays out of the military, or tort reform ..

Lack of regulation led to a global finacial meltdown, the crash of the housing market, a bunch of mines collapsing in the US (we shouldnt be competing with China for mine deaths), a bunch of oil in the gulf.. etc. But we need to reduce regulation to help the economy?

I dont think all regulation is bad.. apparently neither do the republicans when they want to ban collective barganing or limit the amount of money you can sue your doctor for if he cuts off the wrong leg.. so why do they act like they hate all regulation when they are trying to be elected?

Government cant create jobs, but governments employ nearly 20 million people in this country.. so by definition it created nearly 15 percent of the jobs in the country. You can argue government shouldnt create jobs but certainly not that it cant.

This economy is suffering from lack of demand.. not over regulation, not overtaxation. The reason the deficit is a huge problem is that it limits the spending government can do to create demand. We are expected to believe the revised history that Reagan and Bush tax cuts turned around the economy but the reality is those guys both spent money on the family credit card the entire time they were cutting taxes. That spending had an effect on the economy, it increased demand..by definition. (Under bush the fed also tried to make the tax cut strategy they endorsed look better by keeping interest rates at zero even though they were causing runaway inflation in the housing market.. which with the lack of finacial regulations nearly destroyed the world)

Tax cuts dont increase demand efficiently, never have never will.. are they more fair.. that can be argued, but to say they improve the economy as well as government spending is simply and basically false. Even if the multiplier was as high as it was with direct government spending... and it isnt, spending is by definition spent, and tax cuts are not necessarily spent.

Obama's biggest failing has been that he put a stimulus package together he thought he could get it through a senate filibuster. That meant he didnt spend it.. he gave it to the private sector to spend it, and they didnt spend it. The very little bit of actual spending that he could get through did help the economy.. but when he was increasing the deficit by 700 billion he should have spent it all. That would have been real demand. If the fed interest rate isnt at zero you can lower it to create demand, but that doesnt work when it is at zero.

Or you can argue that the government shouldnt create demand, which is perfectly reasonable thing to argue.. but then you cant blame Obama for the economy..   

But its Obamas fault I cant hire people because i am uncertain of taxes and regulation, oh boo hoo.. garbage. Big corporations are sitting on record profits and all time high levels of efficiencies, they are also looking at a level of regulations that allow them to pay no taxes what so ever.. so that cant be the issue, they dont hire because they don't need to because there is no demand. If there was demand they wouldnt think twice about hiring to meet the demand.

Small companies are crippled by health care costs.. (also a lack of demand) but if you try to pass regulation that keeps them under control that is unamerican..

All these guys are a joke.. none have put in the work to run the country. Some of these candidates are smart people but either they have no qualms about telling people what they want to hear to get elected, or they simply need to spend more time reading, studying, listening, or debating with an open mind. Otherwise they wouldnt contradict themselves so often.

The right solutions for the country all lie somewhere in the middle.. I have said it before and I will say it again.. half the country isnt wrong all the time and half the country right all the time. Anyone who believes that half the country are evil freedom hating morons.. gives themselves a 50% likelyhood of being in the wrong half.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 8:33am
Wow joe, that was a long post with lots of points, Your concept of staying in the middle is for the most part a good philosphy, I will call it the sweet spot, and there is a sweet spot for everything. The guestion is what defines the sweet spot, and that is where you are fundamentally flawed in your logic. We of course need laws and regulations to keep a cival society,and a create an environment where businesses can operate with acceptable risks. Wecan also regulate too much to the point where a business simply cannot afford to comply or that the opportunity for profit is diminished to the point that the investment is not worth while. Businesses look at many factors when determining where to locate, including infrastructure,Stability (political, economic, social) costs (labor, raw materials, taxes, regulations). All of these need to be in a sweet spot to attract or keep businesses ventures. It is business that funds our nation, not government. All dollars in one way or another originate from business, so if a government wants to be funded it needs to find the sweet spot for business. The governments job is to create the conditions that business neeeds, and then let the businesses do what they do best. It is not the governments job to tell the busineeses what is best or to pick and choose winners. We currently have more regulations than we have ever had. From a regulation stand point are we in the middle or at the far end? Our government spending has skyrocketed,which will have to be paid for, are we at the middle or the far end?

You said the housing crisis resulted from a lack of regulation, I do not agree , it resulted from government telling the banks how to operate. Prior to Clinton banks would write loans based on a series factors that determined risk (income, debt, credit history....) they had found the sweet spot where they could loan out money with confidence that they would get a return on there investment. Banks had to write loans that they could hold or that someone else would be willing to purchase. Then along came the Clinton years, and the government decided that everyone should be able to own a house. The banks of course knew about their sweet spot and that in fact some people had no business owning homes,because they would or could not ever pay for them. This is a case where business knew what was right and just needed the right conditions to continue doing so, but the government wanted to meddle and tell business what they had to do. The government said that the banks had to lower the threshold and make riskier loans. THe banks said if we do that we wont be able to sell them and that it will cost to much to hold them, so the fed dropped interest rates below the real sweet spot, and the government agreed to purchase the bad loans through freddie and fannie. By telling (regulating) the banks to do what they knew was wrong the government created conditions where housing was now at an artificial premium (above its sweet spot) and banks could make loans with no risk to themselves (out of the sweet spot) and the government was on the hook for the results. This was all done for a few decades of very strong economyies under both republican and democrat leadership. A house of cards was baing built. In this case government pushed the housing market out of its sweet spot creating "the bubble". Bubbles are by thier nature waiting to burst, it takes time to fill a bubble but when it pops it happens all at once. Then what happens? Publically the same politicians that pulled the banks in front of congress to accuse them of red lineing now pull the same banks in front of congress to accuse them of preditory lending. More importantly behind the scenes the government spends billions bailing out the mess that they created by pushing the banks out of thier sweet spot to start with. The government does this over and over in different ways. Currently we are doing this by paying unemployment for 2 (maybe 3) years. we are maintaining an employment bubble rather than letting the labor market find its sweet spot. In do this states are being forced to raise the cost of unemplymet taxes on business increasing the cost of each employeed person. We also have the government messing with healthcare, for decades we have regulated every aspect of health care, it has not been a truely private industry for over half a century. We mandate that insurance companies pay for the newest drugs and procedures, for viagra, cosmetic surgery, fertility treatments, port wine stains,.... and then complain that the costs are to high and to few can afford it so we regulate it more and drive the costs higher, all on the backs of business.

The government does employee millions of people but the government does not pay them, taxes pay them, taxes come from individuals who are hired by or run businesses. If the government is the soulution why not have them hire everyone in the country? If the stimulus is evidence of what a government created job costs we can figure over a million per job, times 300 milliom people, we could employ the nation for 300 trillion dollars, of course that would leave no private tax base, so we would have a 300 trillion dollar deficit. Business are not crying boo hoo when they complain of taxes or regulation, they are telling the government where their sweet spot is and warning of future behavior if the sweet spot is not maintained. Business is holding money because there is no incentive to spend it. When te government spends more the businesses have more reasons not to spend. A stimulus can work uder certain condition to create a sweet spot, but we stimulated ourselves into our current conditions, any additionsl spending pushes us farther out from where we need to be. Business does not need the government spending its money to create solar energy and wind mills that increase its energy costs by 30%. Business needs the govenment to drill and build coal and nuclear plants to provide cheaper energy so it can compete with the businesses in other countries tht are doing just that.

As far as a political sweet spot, there was not tea party until Obama, Ried and Polosie began abusing their power on the left, they moved the country out of its sweet spot creating a space on the far right that needed to be filled to pull the country back towards the center.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 10:18am
you still need income
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 12:21pm
Bottom line with large corporations and small business. Too many tax hikes on them over 2 yrs and regulations that me and you do not know about. Promise!! Plus Obama care has companies pulling there reins and stopping the wagon to see what happens first. They gotta be on the safe side before investing in something. I would sit on profits too.

And Joe BTW, as you stated about what you do behind close doors is personal business. I totally agree with you, but when you go polotical with it or you are gonna make yourself loook a litttle ignorant, then I have problems with it. How can someone vote for someone though if he is a supporter of gay marriage, gay military, or...???? "In God We Trust"
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 1:58pm
It always cracks me up how a candidate's stance on guns, gay marriage, gays in the military, abortion, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting end up getting more attention than what I would consider more important issues.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 2:39pm

You said the housing crisis resulted from a lack of regulation, I do not agree , it resulted from government telling the banks how to operate. Prior to Clinton banks would write loans based on a series factors that determined risk (income, debt, credit history....) they had found the sweet spot where they could loan out money with

...........yadda yadda yadda

Now you have got to be kidding me? Ignorance is bliss. Please Please, I beg you, will you watch Charles Fergusen's "Inside Job"? It can be found on youtube or through netflix.

A few quick points, the vast majority of loans during the financial crisis starting in 2000 were issued to higher income borrowers not the poor. The Gramm-Leach-Bliley act (ever hear of it??) dismantled depression era laws prohibiting bank holding companies from owning financial companies. Also, private lendors NOT government backed Fannie and Freddie issued the vast majority of subprime loans. Fannie and Freddie actually lost market share during 2005 and 2006 because they choose not to participate in a lot of these non-traditional loans.

Please, watch Inside Job then let's have this discussion again.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

It always cracks me up how a candidate's stance on guns, gay marriage, gays in the military, abortion, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting end up getting more attention than what I would consider more important issues.

A dotted line connecting to the holly rolling base.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1112131415 33>
  Share Topic