NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Election 2012 Is Comming

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 33>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2011 at 11:54am
I see any of the republican candidates as being better than what we have, But I am not sure if they are good enough to get us out of this.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2011 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Eric, what was your first impression of our current president?

You beat me to it, My first impression of Obama was very bad, but reality is worse than my first impression. His dissaproval is now over 50% after the joint congressional campain speech. Fewer and fewer are buying what he is selling.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2011 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

what does it take to convince people that keynesian economics does not work?

Ever hear of the new deal? What is your interpretation of how we got out of the great depression?

Phil we had keynesian economics in place under Bush with spending increases each year of his administration, all it gives us is artificial bubbles. If it really worked we should have never gone into recession, in fact we should be booming. Wait, I bet we just did not spend enough, it is amazing how that is always one sides answer to everything.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2011 at 11:34am
i just wanted the Bush era out, along with his croanies, I would of voted for snoop dog if he was on the ticket...btw Cheney is a real a-hole, he'll be sweating alongside the devil himself someday.
when you have a bag of spoiled apples, you try to pick the best one.

lets put it this way, i have a worse feeling for Perry than i did for Obama
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2011 at 11:59am
Have you noticed the college girls dont faint at the sight of Obama anymore? That is because they have graduZtged and are now looking for jobs. They must feel a bit like when a guy seet talkes them into bed, and then never calls them anymore.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2011 at 12:54pm
are you still opposed to taxing the millionaires Dave? part of the bill requires this, go ahead, spin it lol
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2011 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

are you still opposed to taxing the millionaires Dave? part of the bill requires this, go ahead, spin it lol

It's not millionaires, it's the 'rich'; and prezbo's definition of rich scares the socks off of me!

He does like to use the millionaire line because it sounds like something everyone can agree on, but please look into his definition. I think it's anyone earning over 200k right now...it was over 250k. I also believe that these are gross #'s and not net. This will put a rope around the neck of small business, and remember he's never run a lemonade stand.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2011 at 3:36pm
Taxes to a small business owner are a cost of doing business. When costs go up we pass it on to the consumer, so everyone pays. Why is that so hard for the libs to understand or do they just not care?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2011 at 4:24pm
Eric, when I look at the biggest problems this country faces, some are symptoms and some are disease, we have jobs going offshore, high unemployment, lower goverment collections,stagnant economic growth, these are all symptoms. We have a government that for decades has spent $1.50 for every $1 in new revenue it has generated, a government thats only two fixes to any problem are more money or more regulation, these are diseases that cause the symptoms. Will increasing taxes on the rich cure any of the disease? We need to cut out the cancer, not treat it with an asprin.
1987 Ski Nautique

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2011 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by wingwrench wingwrench wrote:

Taxes to a small business owner are a cost of doing business. When costs go up we pass it on to the consumer, so everyone pays. Why is that so hard for the libs to understand or do they just not care?

They just dont get it my friend. All they do is implement new taxes on the big boys of america, spend more, it is all about too with civil liberty with these jutos..

This American job act proposed MORE hidden taxes, to cover up the iratic spending in the bill. What makes it even worse, is in this bill, if a you have been unemployyed for longer than 6 months, if the employer does not hire you, you have the right to SUE THE EMPLOYER!! Civil dog gone liberty. It is bologna!

BTW, it also proposes people to ride unemployment benefits for a extra year. More of tax payers money.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 10:20am
if you cut, cut cut, all your doing is feeding the unemployment line....can you guys mutter create, create, create, I dont understand you guys, you want to put more people out of work only aggravating the situation
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 10:28am
here is something very simple to understand and take it to the bank, 5 years ago i guy would laugh at me if i offered him anything under 18 bucks an hour, his reply was i could work up the street for 20 bucks an hour.........Now roll the clock forward, once or twice a week guys will walk in and beg me to pay them 10 bucks an hour, and thats only to survive and feed their family..... it sure does keep the long timers modest and they dont bitch like they use to.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 11:25am
Eric,So how many guys are you going to hire under Obamas new plan? If the answer is zero what would it take to get you to hire an additional person? Please answer this.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

if you cut, cut cut, all your doing is feeding the unemployment line....can you guys mutter create, create, create, I dont understand you guys, you want to put more people out of work only aggravating the situation

Eric, as much as I like and respect you, I still don't see where you're coming from. Speaking for our little company, we'd very much like to add 3 more crews. That means about 12-15 jobs and a pile of money spent into the system on heavy equipment. The thing is, there's no way we're going to do it until we know what the tax and regulation environment is going to look like and for how long.

I see 3 kinds of people out there:
-the folks with money...they're sitting on it
-the folks just scraping by
-the folks clinging to the gov't teet

The folks with money are waiting for the same thing we are. Did you ever get a job from a poor guy? Well, if we tax the cheese out of those with money, they'll be much less inclined to risk their money on a new enterprise.

Google Steve Wynn of Vegas fame...(hope I got his name right)
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 12:47pm
1988 BFN-sold

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 2:25pm
I thought you guys would really get a kick out of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kKiCvWdbxE&feature=player_embedded
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 2:40pm
say no more, all thats missing is a blindfold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 2:58pm

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 3:03pm
Have many favorite conservatives Beck, Hannity, but my favorite is Ann Coulter. And she is sexy...

Demonic
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Eric,So how many guys are you going to hire under Obamas new plan? If the answer is zero what would it take to get you to hire an additional person? Please answer this.

good question...

My wife and I started our business in 1987. The first 15 years, we had ONE - 10 day vacation.

Eight years ago, we finally were able to hire a salesman. First 4 years he barely paid his way. The next two, we could actually take a week or so off again and our saleman could actually run the business....GREAT!!!!

Thennnn... 2008... economy hitting the skids... sales dropped. After 6 months had to cut hours. (btw,all the time, employee getting full pay..we take home pretty much zilch..)

He was "fotunate and got one of "those jobs" Obama was touting, and is now working at Kohls. My wife and I would love to have him back, but a silly azz tax credit will NOT make it happen. Ohhhh , Obummer wants me to give him a pay raise too.

One "itsy-bitsy" fact "big O" forgot,I need more people wanting to BUY product... he thinks if I hire more, "they will come"(customers) maybe I should hire twenty salesmen?

Eric, how many new jobs will you be adding because of tax credits?

(I am not trying to be a smarta$$ just trying to get input)

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 10:36am
I refuse to answer, you mentioned 2008, Obummer as called wasnt even a household name, there was a guy running the country into the ground named Bush, your not being a smartass Steve in anyway....give credit where credit is due, my business is being run on the coat tails of the Bush administration, 40% of the countries wealth was stolen under Bush, Bush went into a debt free economy, Obama didnt, the books were in the deep red and even heading further due to policy and war activity and i feel that Obama got the brunt of it, I feel yes I know some dont like him because he is colored and this causes some problems, but, I cant blame the failing economy on him, he is at least trying to do the right thing in my eyes but keeps hitting "in a bubble" roadblocks, that clip from above is so true to me. you ask any old timer who was one of the best presidents during there stay here on earth and most will answer Bill Clinton, I went from 10 bucks in my pocket to a million and then back to 10, and during that time it was under a president named Bush....thats how I gauge things and Obama isnt even relevent in the equation. I really think he has the american people in mind first, I put all the bull *************** aside, fox news, msnbc, texans, cbs, because its to biased, in my mind he is trying to do things for me and you, its not a new chalkboard, its a cluttered mess and he just happened to get caught in the middle of it, maybe a scapegoat?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 11:12am
Eric, Whay would you refuse to answer the question, unless it directly contradicts what you believe or want us to believe. I will answer it for you, there is nothing in Obamas spending plan that will make any significant changes to your businesses income, so there is no reason for you to consider hiring additional help, just like every other business out there. To get out of this we need more people employed in the private sector, so they can contribute to the government rather than being a burden on it. Your business in particular needs more people running boats so they need to be repaired. I would guess a big part of your customer base is people making over 200 grand a year. so you need them to have more money, not less. the second thing that would help immensely is lower fuel prices. Coincidentally that would help nearly every industry in this country. By simply changeing the stance on drilling we could get private companies drilling , shipping, and refining oil. Oil futures would start to drop the day of the announcement, employment would rapidly follow, and it would not cost the tax payer a penny. Obama of course is fundamentaly against this, in fact he is fundamentaly against business, they are viewed as his advisary, dispite the fact that they are this nations source of income. Everything you are saying about Obama could have and was said about Jimmy Carter. He believed in what he was doing, it was just wrong. Regan came into a worse economy but followed sound economic principles, got government out of the way of business, and started the longest , greatest period of prosperity this country has ever seen. The one where you made your million.
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 12:47pm
Eric.
First off I dont care what color the guy is... makes no dif to me. This guy is good at 'smoke and mirrors" tactics, starting the first spring he became pres bragging how many jobs he saved..Where? We were still closing factorys and unemployment is not going down.

I understand he inherited a mess, but sometime the dems need to start standing on their own and quite blaming the past...start doing something for the future. I just dont see what obam is doing to improve the business economy.

Speaking of the past ..when will BOTH parties grow up and work for the good of the people? I've said it before, I get sick of the dem vs pub crap while we are taking it in the shorts.

I also think part of the problem is most of the politicans DONT HAVE A CLUE what it takes to run a small business, much less, to start one. Does anyone know, how many of them have ever ran any kind of small retail or service oriented business? They are soooo far removed from what is going on in the middle class today its not funny.

They need to curb spending..get rid of most subsidies, and let free enterprise fall where it may.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 2:13pm
Eric, we're going to have to change your CCFan handle. I'm thinking Don Quixote.   

Prezbo is a study in contradictions. He just got finished saying recently that raising taxes in a recession is the wrong thing to do. Guess what he's doing after his next vacation...
1988 BFN-sold

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 2:50pm
While this has all been covered before and it is tending to bore me I hate to see poor eric left out on his own.. so I will go back to devils advocate..

Let the best man win..

We tried that, it lead to the robber barrons, monopolies, owing your soul to the company store, and the great depression. In a completely unregulated free market there is no such thing as a small business they are wiped out by large entrenched interests, and those willing to lie cheat and steal to get ahead, and all society is robbed of the innovation and efficiencies they could have brought to the market. It is not a free market that results in growth and prosperity but rather a fair market.

The current republican plan is to say no to anything while simultaneously saying that government can’t create jobs while blaming the democrats for not creating jobs.   Then they propose to create jobs by lowering tax rates (to decrease the deficit?) and removing regulation. Bush tried that already and it didn’t work.. in fact it lead to extreme property value inflation and eventually a global economic meltdown, I will take a republican politician seriously when they bring something to the table other than more talk about deficit reduction that they have no history of being able to provide..

The one real change that would effect the ability of small businesses to hire workers, and encourage innovators to open new small businesses is to nationalize health care and remove that increasingly out of control expense from employers. But we can’t talk about that because even though the rest of the civilized world has no problem pulling it off the large entrenched interests in our country have half the country convinced they will be waiting in lines to see death panels..
Pay for what you spend to provide the things needed to lubricate the wheels of capitalism – infrastructure- healthcare-education.. , regulate as much as you need to keep a level playing field and then let the best man win.

Reasonable people argue about how much and what types of taxation and regulation are necessary.. those who start by saying we don’t need either should forfeit their place at the table.

As for what the moron in chief has now proposed it is what he campaigned on.. going back to pre bush tax cut levels for those making more than 250k a year, why he didn’t do it previously just because the morons in congress threatened to filibuster it I don’t know but it is what the majority of the country knew it would take to pay for the stimulus spending required to pull us out of the great recession. Fact is the moron in chief is not proposing to raise taxes now either, he is proposing to increase spending now to jumpstart the economy while in 2013 rolling back bush era taxcuts and then in 2017 significantly limiting what can be written off by those who make more than 1 million in taxable income a year which could increase the tax rates on capital gains for those that make above a million dollars a year.    

All of that together doesn’t even get us close to back to the tax rates in place while Reagan was president

He is also proposing cuts to medicare, government employee benfits, and reduction of subsidies..

It sure aint’ perfect but it makes more sense than jumping back on the train that bush had us going down.. and since the republicans are refusing to offer any other options and none of you guys are yet moving to start a third party
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

While this has all been covered before and it is tending to bore me

Joe, I tend to agree with that... I really question if anyone can get us out of this mess. The "world economy" has not been kind to us.

Taking it a step closer to home for me.. Just heard a report our state of IL has the 3rd worse business climate in the nation.... good luck with new industry here...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 3:59pm
You should treat the Government like a teenager.

If they are doing well and working hard and Not Wasting Money, you
try to help them out and contribute to their wants along with their
needs.
Until the Government stops wasting tax payer money, I do not want to
contribute any more. I could care less how long it take a shrimp to
get tired of running. The WH does not need 100 Chev Volts. They can take
the bus or their own car cheaper.
NC DOT gets hammered all the time about having cars sitting that they do
not use so what is their solution..... Let the state employees drive
them back and forth to work to put milage on them so that they show
usage.

Stop wasting the money I give you and I would consider giving you more.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

You should treat the Government like a teenager.
Until the Government stops wasting tax payer money, I do not want to
contribute any more.

They can take the bus or their own car cheaper.

Stop wasting the money I give you and I would consider giving you more.

"take the bus" ... Obama took your suggestion when he visited the midwest a few weeks ago........

ohhhh, I forgot ,there are TWO of these CUSTOM MADE BUSES at Over a million EACH.. He keeps in good company tho... same buses Kid Rock, David Lee Roth, etc uses. ( I think they have to pay for their own tho)

Did you hear, they flew the buses to the midwest, wouldnt want to drive something that low class a 1000 miles....

btw, the buses were made in...CANADA.

I am glad he is cutting the debt and spending...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 5:16pm
Yep the secret service decided to create two buses, one for the president and one for the eventual republican nominee so the secret service could provide for their protection while traveling, as they are required to do. Buses have been used for this task since 1980, in the past they used to lease them, add millions of dollars of defensive and communication equipment and then at the end of the lease remove all the equipment (due to its secretive nature) and return the bus and start over.   Now they chose to buy 2 two and keep and maintain them as a cost saving measure. The manufacturer of the bus is in fact the Canadian company prevost as they had the bus with the ability to carry the weight of the equipment. Do we really think the president can ride around in a cab while effectively ruling the country? The 1.1 million dollar bus doesn’t blow my mind.. I have been in a 400k motor home owned by a farmer and it wasn’t even armor plated.

The real pimps out there have two story mega buses like Will Smith, bobby Di Nero, and Vin Diesel and those rent for 500k a year.

It is an interesting diversion but compared to one fighter jet or the subsidies oil companies get from the government in a year all these "frivolous" expenditures together don't amount to anything
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

The 1.1 million dollar bus doesn’t blow my mind.. I have been in a 400k motor home owned by a farmer and it wasn’t even armor plated.

a farmer with a 400G bus!? ....How much land does he farm?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 33>
  Share Topic