NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEO Beers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 8>
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Randy I have a original Genuine IBM XT stored in the roof of my garage. One day it will be a collectors item. Jbear may have the only in use working version of it though.

I remember when I upgraded from a dual floppy drive PC (8086) to a 10 Mb hard drive and thought how will I ever get full use out of this hard drive it just has such a enormous storage capacity.

Mark, a quick search of Ebay shows those systems selling for $400 - $500 now!

... and to think, now we're working with picture files that are 10MB in size each, that we took on our cell phone - which has more computing power than a room full of IBM PC's!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 2:25pm
reverse engineering? the more I keep watching Ancient Aliens, its fogging my mind
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I do not understand the trend of gourmet grilled cheese places popping up, we have several around town here. Some people are so crazy about it they get tattoos of little winged grilled cheese sammys so they can get a discount.

Never heard of lockview, but if you're trying to suggest an alternate location, I'm up for anything.

I didn't even realize that grilled cheese sandwiches were becoming a craze! Personally, I prefer to have some type of dead animal on my sandwich... but, sure, I would have no problem with a different location.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 10:09am
I thought i was on to something when i sprinkled some seasoned salt on my grilled cheese the other night
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 1:21pm
there's being on to something, and then there's thinking you're on to something
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I do not understand the trend of gourmet grilled cheese places popping up, we have several around town here. Some people are so crazy about it they get tattoos of little winged grilled cheese sammys so they can get a discount.

Never heard of lockview, but if you're trying to suggest an alternate location, I'm up for anything.

I didn't even realize that grilled cheese sandwiches were becoming a craze! Personally, I prefer to have some type of dead animal on my sandwich... but, sure, I would have no problem with a different location.

Well, allow me to better clarify. It is not really like melt which I believe our cleveland friend is referring too. Its more of a bar, well it is a bar, that looks kinda like a dive, and they happen to have a basic food menu with alot of grilled cheese options on it. Im not saying they arent gourmet ish as many have options like goat cheese or carmelized onions but they serve everything with goldfish so that brings the fancy factor back down a notch.

They also have a large menu of beers, many craft and micro brews, so that is the main attraction for me. They also have a good spicy crab dip which I like. The place is quirky and definitely a conversation piece. If you are more into coors light, a normal atmosphere and a sports game on the TV, you should pass. If you are up for some different, it is different but in a good way.

I am not saying its for everyone, so, I was just throwing it out there and you can send it right back. I dont really care, I enjoy both types of places for different reasons. I am down for whatever.

Here is their website, they describe themselves as eclectic and I agree. Its a good place to people watch and make fun of them. If you are into that. Their beer list is long as your can see.
http://thelockview.com/beer_wine.html
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 2:01pm
the flying dog dogtoberfest is probably my favorite beer that I've ever had, and I see it on the list, so I'm ok with trying this place out.

and you're right, Melt is the place I was talking about...its good, I suppose, but I've never been as blown away as some people.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 2:30pm
ya well, I wouldnt use the word blown away. Its just grilled cheese. I mean, I like it but as grandpa would say its nothing to right home about.

Im not getting any tattoos over it thats for sure.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 2:37pm
yeah, I don't understand that kind of dedication to a sandwich
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 3:06pm
Stone Brewery's Arrogant Bastard on Draft.... I'm in!

That is an impressive beer list! And the menu looks good too, actually those cheese sammies look pretty darn good
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 3:08pm
Ok, we need a date. Wednesday's are no good for me, any other day should be fine.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 3:19pm
Next Thr-Fri are out for me. Any other time should be fine.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 4:42pm
I second the no wednesday. I can make anything else happen.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 5:08pm
Well we don't necessarily have to target next week, how about Thursday Nov 10th? That should be before anyone gets too wrapped up with family or holiday commitments, I would imagine.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 5:09pm
I dont see why that wouldnt work for me.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 6:05pm
That should work for me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 12:23pm
deep frying a big pork shoulder today, maybe I'll drop a grilled cheese into the peanut oil
BTW, deep fryed chicken is the way to go for the football games, next week we'll be BBQ in a 40 lb pig in the roaster...we aint got no money but at least we eat good. Oh another favorite, is corn on the cob dipped into the hot oil for a minute or so, sprinkle with little bay seasoning and you'll never boil corn again...Randy, shuck the corn first lol, forget one important ingredient, to perform these outdoor activities 1 case of beer is required
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2011 at 2:36am
3 pages to decide where eric is gonna spend his dough on beer for you guys?

corn idea does sound good. sure do miss that Ohio corn in the late summer. nothing like it down here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2011 at 6:54am

Why are they always bashing on your computer skills John? At least you upgraded from the one you were using last year...

-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 12:25am
well Adam...these guys just don't cut me no slack. LOL tho!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 6:53pm
Bumping this thread.

Are we still on for Thursday at this lockview place?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 7:16pm
Sounds good to me Adam.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 7:51pm
I am in!!!!!! Thanks for the reminder.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 12:30am
How 'bout Eric and Tim?
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 12:33am
I can do that....what time?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 12:41am
I guess around 6 again if that's good with the others.

Tim, can you bring me a little of that grease for my fuel line?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 1:39am
Well look at Mr. New Avatar, with his new avatar...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 2:03am
Pretty cool huh?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 2:09am
haha, yeah, it is a pretty great shot, I'll give you that
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 10:11am
where is Lockview?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 8>
  Share Topic