NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What other interests do you have?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What other interests do you have?
    Posted: October-25-2011 at 5:45pm
What do you like besides CCs and skiing/ boarding?
Motorcycles, bicycles, woodwork, cars, golf, snow skiing/ boarding, airplanes, souped up lawn mowers.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 6:46pm
thats a loaded question
"the things you own will start to own you"
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 6:53pm
Big time golfer here, currently a 5 handicap(Used to be a scratch). Love the outdoors, camping and love to hunt on my deer lease. And most important love to crack open those cold rocky mountain suddsss...(Coors Light) Love to cook too...

I am not much of a mechanic but love to piddle with my boat during the winter. Thanks to this website, I been able to do more stuff with my 85.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Big time golfer here, currently a 5 handicap(Used to be a scratch). Love the outdoors, camping and love to hunt on my deer lease. And most important love to crack open those cold rocky mountain suddsss...(Coors Light) Love to cook too...

I am not much of a mechanic but love to piddle with my boat during the winter. Thanks to this website, I been able to do more stuff with my 85.

Do you have a favorite course? Nice thing about TX, you can play all year. I went to Big Bend and other places in TX on my honeymoon. I also had to go to Houston now and then because the co I worked for a long time ago had a plant there. It was always a treat if I could find a little R&R time while I was there.
I haven't been able to play since my injury, but I used to love it. I am pretty much a hacker though. Nothing better than a loop with someone like you. It's a very graceful game when youre good.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 8:17pm
I like classic cars (own a 1973 corvette), play tennis, and love ride on my moutain bike when not in the waters.
Also I´m big fan of BBQ´s.

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Do you have a favorite course? Nice thing about TX, you can play all year. I went to Big Bend and other places in TX on my honeymoon. I also had to go to Houston now and then because the co I worked for a long time ago had a plant there. It was always a treat if I could find a little R&R time while I was there.
I haven't been able to play since my injury, but I used to love it. I am pretty much a hacker though. Nothing better than a loop with someone like you. It's a very graceful game when youre good.

John,

There is alot of great courses here in TX. I been blessed at how many I have played. I spent most of career in the golf industry but got out of it because the industry does not pay well. Work 90hrs a wk for 2,000.00. But I tried to turn pro but became way to expensive to play to get my card and sponsor ships where hard to get even if you where a ringer. Anyways, here are some of my favorites.
Stonebriar-Frisco tx
Hackberry CC- Los Colinas
Denton CC- Denton TX
Tension Park East Dallas Tx
The Cliffs- Possum Kingdom Lake Great Beauty Gods Country
Blackhorse Ranch Cypress Tx
Iron Horse Irving Tx
Hyatt Bear Creek DFW Airport
Dallas Atheltic Club -Dallas Tx built around old big homes that where built in the 60's. Two great courses
Tour 18 Flower Mound Tx
Chase Oaks Plano Tx

Some of these courses are on the high end, and prestigous courses. I was very blessed to be able to play them when I was a golf pro, FREE is best... There are some great municpal courses here in houston that I enjoy but they are runned very poorly.
I worked with Chad Williams and he really took my game after highschool to that level I never thought I could play. Mentally and physically. It was alot of fun.

I am sorry to hear about your injury? I hope you get better and are able to play again sometime. It is a great game and lots of fun to play. Big Bend?? Wow!! I bet that was a hard course. And the scenry was to die for.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

I like classic cars (own a 1973 corvette), play tennis, and love ride on my moutain bike when not in the waters.
Also I´m big of BBQ´s.

Just hand over the keys cap.. JJust hand them over.. I'll take a order of that great bbque and all them women..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 8:40pm
Many hobbies here...surprised to hear the golfing one. I used to play a lot of golf. I have two uncles that are club pros here in the midwest. But...I soon realized that if it's nice enough to enjoy golfing...it's nice enough to be on the river. IMO

I do a lot of fishing in the spring, snowmobile, snowboard/snowski, Duck hunting, turkey hunting, goose hunting, ice fishing...I shared a pic of this boat a couple weeks ago. We spend most of our time in this in sept/oct/nov and early dec. Breaking ice with it is fun!

'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 9:22pm
Like to tinker with cars. I have a 31 Chev Special Sedan (driver), a 73 Corvette (driver), a chopped 36 Chev streetrod that I am still working on. A Honda Valkyrie Interstate motorcyle with trailer that I love to ride across country. Also a good woodworking shop for when I want to try to make something from wood.
Good thing I am retired or I would have no time for work.....
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 10:06pm
for me its working on things. I have a 03 road king, 37 ford coupe ,69 camaro rs/ss just finishing an 84 k5 blazer from tx, hunting fishing reading cooking more hunting
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 2:33am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

...love ride on my moutain bike

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 2:55am
Family..friends..motorcycles..social work..Walk to Emmaus..West Shore Water Ski Club..guess I like 'people things'..not much on tinkering or handyman stuff. Never been any good at golf or bowling altho I have spent time at both. Can't beat sitting on the deck at Norris with my brother and ski club buds. Or C/CFan friends.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 10:15am
J-dog, your more of the cornhole, horseshoes, floogaling, jarts, standing around a firepit type
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 10:21am
hobby turned into a job, makes you kinda numb
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 12:13pm
Hockey, racquetball, and like mdvalant, I'd rather ski than golf but do enjoy it as well. 80 Z28 that I putt around in. Darts, billiards, kentucky straight bourbon whiskey, coors light.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 2:00pm
Like all sports, master of none. I spend most of my time tinkering with things and my other main hobby is music, specifically guitar.

Outside of the boat this takes up most of my money and as the bible says, "where you treasure is there will your heart be also" and since most of my treasure is in guitars and boat, I guess thats where my heart is.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

80 Z28 that I putt around in. Darts, billiards, kentucky straight bourbon whiskey, coors light.

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 6:40pm
Huge baseball fan (Red Sox), mountain biking, and PC gaming.
I have an 8-year old son and 5-year old daughter so most of my free time is spent going to soccer and baseball games. I love that my son is now of the age where we can play catch. Also I sometimes need to find time for my wife :)
For PC games, I play usually shooters (Call of Duty etc). My wife watches her "reality" shows and I play games. My best friend since 6th grade lives in Chicago and plays regularly so it is cool that we get to "hang out" a few nights a week.
I also manage an energy efficiency company and should be working right now... !
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 12:22am
Cleaning carpets, painting rooms, patching drywall, assembling IKEA furniture, driving kids to school, cutting grass, trimming hedges, staining decks, chasing kids off my lawn, giving diabetic Bichon his insulin shot twice a day, hoarding light bulbs because the government is taking away our good old incandescent bulbs

Then, in my spare time, driving my '68 F250, trying new microbrews, watching a classic movie every weekend, watching Fox News 24/7, stopping at Harley dealers to discuss motorcyles I will never buy (but I do rent them:).....and TUBING!!!!!!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 2:27am
Wow I would have figured that Hollywood with his Bass Nautique would have been a big time fisherman
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 10:12am
butt darts?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 11:34am
it's my throw eric

i still maintain a fishing license, used to much more of it before skiing took over.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 2:14pm
Anything on the water, except tubing. I'll even wet a line once in a while. Show skiing is a huge part of our lives. Love to golf. Like to shoot guns and my bow, but not much of a hunter. When the water freezes, it's quads, and the occasional hockey game. We even have a big Ice Golf event each year. Snowboarding is a big part of our lives when the snow flies.
All of these things involve the family, except golf. But they're starting to come around.

I also like to indulge in a few....er...lots of craft beers, especially Michigan craft beers. Scotch, when the beer is not flowing.   
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Family..friends..motorcycles..social work..Walk to Emmaus..West Shore Water Ski Club..guess I like 'people things'..not much on tinkering or handyman stuff. Never been any good at golf or bowling altho I have spent time at both. Can't beat sitting on the deck at Norris with my brother and ski club buds. Or C/CFan friends.

john

One of the greatest "people people" that I've ever met John.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2011 at 2:32am
to kind Brian..but thanks. very easy to be nice around here..what with the type of guys we hang with on this site.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic