Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Running boat on land

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
oledb4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledb4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 7:04pm
http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/2707842936.html

Will this tower fit on an 86??
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 7:15pm
Fixed Link

But why that particular tower? Looks like it's already happily mounted on someone's Regal.
oledb4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledb4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 7:35pm
Because I can get it for cheap...Are they hard to take off? is it just ugly? or does it suck?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 7:36pm
D. B & C only
oledb4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledb4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 7:39pm
Also, I was supposed to give the thing a water test run today. Well, we weren't able to find time to do it. We originally had agreed upon a price of $3000. I was going to get a compression test, and if it checked out, we were going to buy it. He tells me today we can take it off the lot for $2200. If the stringers check out, should I pull the trigger?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 7:41pm
Take it for a test drive. Still no pictures?
oledb4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledb4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

D. B & C only

huh?
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 7:49pm
I don't know much about towers, so I'm not making any comment on them.

But, you can definitely find towers out there (new and used) that will be an exact fit for an 86 2001 Ski Nautique. It has to be one of the most, if not theeee most, popular boat for aftermarket towers.

I would just focus on the boat itself first. You could likely keep yourself and your wallet busy just getting all the necessities such as life-jackets etc. first. Not to mention possible repairs and parts replacements. You'd be surprised how expensive all the gear can be.

Once you're all set and going on the water for a while, then you can turn your attention the "extras" like towers, stereos, ballast, fancy props etc.
oledb4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledb4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

I don't know much about towers, so I'm not making any comment on them.

But, you can definitely find towers out there (new and used) that will be an exact fit for an 86 2001 Ski Nautiques. It has to be one of the most, if not theeee most, popular boat for aftermarket towers.

I would just focus on the boat first. You could likely keep yourself and your wallet busy just getting all the necessities such as life-jackets etc. first. Not to mention possible repairs and parts replacements. You'd be surprised how expensive all the gear can be.

Once you're all set and going on the water for a while, they you can turn your attention the "extras" like towers, stereos, ballast, fancy props etc.

That's a good point. A tower is a luxury at this point.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 8:18pm
Also, to answer the question about the tower fitting, I think it would most likely be too wide. I'm guessing the Regal has a little more beam (width) to it.

Check out New Dimension for a look at different fits etc.
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 9:47pm
New dimension check out JoeNY boat
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by oledb4 oledb4 wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

D. B & C only

huh?

And X,Y and Z You haven't been around the site long enough to figure out the normal opinions of our our members. If it did not come with a tower option. don't f*#k up the boat by adding one. You may be better off consulting the gang over on wakeboarding.com

Do some searching and reading here on CCfan.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 10:11pm
Cmon pete i like to " KEEP IT ORIGINAL" just like you. But you have to admit Joe has a cool boat
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 10:17pm
            "you may be better off consulting the gang over on wakeboarding.com"
scaring off another newbie? you are the kind of guy that makes me want to put a tower on mine ..
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 10:22pm
Mr. Connolly please dont put a tower on the fastest boat in New Hampshire. I cant believe your selling it. In Petes defense he did give the wink emotion
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 12:39am
If you have any way to do a water test (test drive on the lake), do it!! There are a lot of things you can't check out as well on the hose. When I bought my boat this spring, it seemed like a cream puff and I settled on a run on the hose in the seller's driveway. The boat sounded great. When I hit the lake it was a different story, ended up spending months and $$ getting all the little bugs out that would have shown up on a water test. $2200 sounds too good to be true for a 2001 with good stringers. Post up some pics here, the guys will give you some straight opinions!
He who dies with the most toys, wins

1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold
oledb4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledb4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 12:46am
Originally posted by 76tique 76tique wrote:

If you have any way to do a water test (test drive on the lake), do it!! There are a lot of things you can't check out as well on the hose. When I bought my boat this spring, it seemed like a cream puff and I settled on a run on the hose in the seller's driveway. The boat sounded great. When I hit the lake it was a different story, ended up spending months and $$ getting all the little bugs out that would have shown up on a water test. $2200 sounds too good to be true for a 2001 with good stringers. Post up some pics here, the guys will give you some straight opinions!

I agree, it does seem a little too good. It is an older man though, he has not tried to sell it at all and I'm not sure he knows what he has. The only reason I knew it was for sale was because my buddy lived next door to him. And I'm not certain on the stringers yet. I am going to check those tomorrow so we'll see then.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 12:55am
I like the towers on Joe's and MI-Nicks's 2001's a lot. I think if you pick the right tower, that compliments the lines of the boat, it can be a good addition. It also adds a lot of fun and utility. But, there's some bad ones, just thrown on.

I see a 2001 with a tower like a Bucket-T hot rod or a baja bug. Sure, they're modified Model Ts or VW Beetles, but they are cool in their own right and although not original, they are a cool modification.

Just don't throw something on there, and be aware that there is cost involved, and you also won't be able to go with an off-the-shelf boat cover, which means more cost for a custom one.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 1:15am
If the motor runs & the interior is usuable, I would say $2200 is a fair price. You can pretty much count on stringers a year or 2 down the road, if they aren't shot already.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 11:24am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

If the motor runs & the interior is usuable, I would say $2200 is a fair price. You can pretty much count on stringers a year or 2 down the road, if they aren't shot already.

I would say its a good deal but for that price I would expect mechanical issues. If it was rock solid mechanically I would say the price would be north of 4K. People dont very often "not know what they have" when they sell a big item. If its a difference of a couple thousand they ask around, plus its a nautique, pretty well known. Save your tower budget for all the mechanical issues you will have. Especially if you dont work on it yourself, you will have no problem blowing 2K at the garage.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

In Petes defense he did give the wink emotion

Halston,
Thanks for noticing the "winky" but maybe I should have posted a few more!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 12:28pm
If this is a dead discussion i dont mean to beat a dead horse, but if you do decide to go with a new tower do you home work. Not all towers are "universal" like they say they are online.

Quick story that make me look like a dumb ass, I consulted with H2o water sports 3 times before purchasing a tower for my boat. I did this becasue i didnt think this particular model would would fit. Actually I ordered one that I was sure would fit but then wanted to upgrade to a more detailed tower. Well Matt the sales associate was 100% sure it would. I tooks Matts word and made the purchase/upgrade. Long story short, after mounting the tower and determining that it was too big and lots of complaining later, they admitted it would not fit on pre-1990 nautiques due to the beam being too small and i got a refund. As for the holes in my boat, lesson learned on my part....And dont listen to 19 year old salesmen who probably dont have a clue any how.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic