NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A boat for reidp

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A boat for reidp
    Posted: December-14-2011 at 12:27pm
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 1:29pm
i saw that yesterday on here , I think i have a like it yet I dont like it feeling,   do any of you guys ever look at boats bikes cars etc and like looking at something coming into the cruise night or car show but wouldnt want to own it?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 2:05pm
10 grand for a 79 with no mention of a stringer repair? am I missing something here?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 2:18pm
Yes you are Adam- the carpet is only 3 years old
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 2:24pm
What!?!? You mean I could have just replaced the carpet!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 2:48pm
Yes Justin, don't you feel foolish to have done all that work on yours...?
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 2:54pm
well, the new-ish carpet is nice, but I wouldn't offer a penny over 9,500 unless he agreed to varnish the platform. Then I might consider going up to 10,000.

Who wants to lay odds that that dude bought an orange boat because he's a longhorns fan? And that's why he has to sell it, he's moving away from the campus, haha...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 3:06pm
I offered $12K already.

You guys are losing out.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 4:40pm
Thanks for thinking of me Hals. But I believe I'm with Peter on this one. I'll just look forward to riding in it with Watrski. We do have another orange project brewing though.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

We do have another orange project brewing though.

I hate it when you guys tease shlt like that. Now I want to know!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 7:15pm
Sorry Adam, but nothing overly special, or fast. We've had this old beat up orange '67 Nautique almost 10 yrs, which we shelved way back when after discovering that the stringers were completely toast. It's shown in the Diaries. Well several months ago I discovered a good source for a few stringer jobs, since I certainly can't tackle it, and we had this one done. I'd already had the upholstery re-done and the 318 engine isn't an issue, so it's now somewhat a "re-assembly". Bruce Hart (Riley) persuaded us to go ahead with the hull the way it is as opposed to re-doing the gelcoat, which it could really use. So in meantime she'll be a cougar of sorts, little rough around the edges, but still a hot looking older SN decked out in that bright tangerine outfit.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 7:22pm
You love that Tangerine orange, don't you! Would probably like to see North Carolinas school colors changed from baby blue to orange...lol
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 7:29pm
There's one for sell in much better shape for less in Lewisville, TX.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

So in meantime she'll be a cougar of sorts, little rough around the edges, but still a hot looking older SN decked out in that bright tangerine outfit.

Best description for a boat so far. I'm never disappointed by your projects so I'm sure she'll be the have the biggest hair, tightest skirt, and brightest lipstick of anyone at the hometown buffet for singles bingo night!

Originally posted by whitelakerider whitelakerider wrote:

too bad there isn't a "like" button on the above statement......

I think Townsend's onto something here.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 10:35pm
those gel coat cracks on my wihte part have really become endearing to me
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

those gel coat cracks on my wihte part have really become endearing to me

Don't they though!! Every time I take a ride in our old '62 Classic with it's endearing myriad of rouge red gel deck cracks, I immediately feel like I'm crusing with my grandmother. And I'm not even considering fixing them.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic