NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Obamacare savings

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obamacare savings
    Posted: December-14-2011 at 1:50pm
Remember when Obama care was going to reduce the cost of healthcare?

Medicare premiums

NO MATTER YOUR AGE - TAKE HEED   

The per person Medicare insurance premium will increase from the
    present monthly fee of $96.40 to:
    2012 - $104.20
    2013 - $120.20
    2014 - $247.00

$247.00 is an increase of 250.6% over $96.40 ! ! !

These provisions; incorporated in the Obamacare legislation, are
    purposely being delayed so as not to 'confuse' the general public in
    the 2012 re-election campaigns.

When do we start to treat big government like we treat big business?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 3:23pm
Looks startling to be sure, but I this is just a text of a chain e-mail thats been out since 2009 with fabricated numbers that are totally false. Nothing but BS.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by PAPA PAPA wrote:

Looks startling to be sure, but I this is just a text of a chain e-mail thats been out since 2009 with fabricated numbers that are totally false. Nothing but BS.

It may not be correct but it is in the correct line.

Our business has had a 50% increase in health care insurance over the past year.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 8:52pm
I recieved the numbers from a usually reliable source, but here is my own fact check. these are exerts from a Bloomberg article from yesterday titled "Can't raise taxes? Hike Medicare premiums instead."

"For example, when Obama talks about raising taxes on the rich, he means individuals making more than $200,000 a year and families above $250,000."

"But his health care law fixed the level for paying "high-income" Medicare premiums at the current $85,000 and above for an individual, $170,000 for families."

"Next year, a typical Medicare recipient will pay $131 a month for outpatient and drug coverage combined, according to Kaiser. Those paying the high-income premiums will pay from $183 to $417. That means beneficiaries at the highest income levels would pay nearly $300 a month more."

So in one year medicare premiums for some will go up 250%. Imagine if the oil companies , cable companiees, Insurance companies or private medical systems raised their rates by 250% in a year. they would be called up in front of congress. When people raise prices on only a segment of the population after a national disaster it is called price gouging. More importantly we were told Obama care would reduce costs. I cant feel the people paying 250% more are thinking that is a savings. even the base rate is going from $96.40 to $136, a 41% increase this year. I wish I could find the rates for 2014.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 10:34am
lets see, under Bush, i had 156,000 in my IRA, 2 years later it was just under 87,000.00   
I'll take the expensive healthcare
"the things you own will start to own you"
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

lets see, under Bush, i had 156,000 in my IRA, 2 years later it was just under 87,000.00   

Eric, I'm with you on this one. If and when I retire, and am making over $170,000 a year, and my wife and I are on Medicare, I will gladly pay the $400 a month since I can afford it, no question about it. The people on average retirement income won't be paying this and I will not begrudge them at all.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 2:26pm
and, their goals have been achieved, 1 out of 2 americans are poor
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 2:45pm
Along with all of this say goodbye to any new technology developments in the future.

No Competition = no technology.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2011 at 2:55pm
I work for a health insurance company so I have a little insight on this matter. There is no magic pill that will give everyone insurance and lower the cost. Our expectations of health care are not inline with what we are willing to pay. What will happen is government will cap dollars going to hospitals/physicians etc and quality of care will decrease. Hospitals will cut staffing (already happening for fear of a decrease in revenue) wait times will go up, less new advances, etc etc. It is neither bad nor good its all about what people want. If you want costs to be lower expect to get less, if you want to pay a high price you will get more. Its the same as everything else it the world. You get what you pay for.

Also as a side note my company is a not for profit we underwrite for a 0% profit. So no waste there or big companies getting rich. The worlds best healthcare is expensive. If you want it to be cheap then it wont be the best ( we must accept this reality ). Anyone who says different is a politician.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2011 at 7:57am
how the fck did we manage to do it 20 years ago? I browse the charts, there are other countries out there that live longer than us, so who has better healthcare? and do it for less?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2011 at 8:04am
I looked at my kids college funds the other day, i got prison raped again, another violent raping, they just keep taking....dont you guys wonder where all your money is going?
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2011 at 12:12pm
Great Healthcare does not equal living longer. We have a lower life expectancy because we make some of the unhealthiest choices as a society. We eat terrible, we walk no where, I could go on and on. We are one of the most obese if not the most obese countries, period. Diabetes, heart disease, strokes,high blood pressure; most common major conditions are diet related. This kind of stuff is what blows up your healthcare system because they are ongoing lifelong conditions that only lead to more expenses. The average organ transplant costs 300,000-400,000, so when someone blows up their pancreas from 20 years of bad choices thats another half million that insurance has to pay, if you have it. 26 million people in the US have diabetes. So do the math.

WE ARE THE PROBLEM!! Things were better 20 years ago because we have gotten worse. Check out this link to the CDC on obesity. If we took care of ourselves healthcare costs would decrease dramatically. Thats why its more expensive now. No smoke and mirrors no dissapearing money.
Everyone wants to blame the government, banks, hospitals their neighbors for what is wrong. We as a society have control over all this and pretty much caused and continue to cause, the issues we have. We need to accept this and change.

watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2011 at 12:51pm
Good post Jlogan.

We build medical equipment and docs are not buying equipment anymore which makes it tough on us.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2011 at 1:20pm
yes unfortunately what this legislation has done so far is spook everyone in the medical field into not spending any money. So its becoming a little bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. People dont do well with the unknown. I am neither for nor against it yet, I thinks unfortunate it has caused this gridlock. We just need to accept the fact this is not the governments job to fix health care. It is ours.
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2011 at 12:38am
Lets all go to the post office, they can fix anything as long as you wait in line long enough
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2011 at 12:20pm
i would think the funeral business has a big smile, the coffin makers have to make bigger coffins lol,
im on the same wavelength as you logan, never seen a fat ass 60 year old
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

And, now it is back upover $156,000 thanks to the Obama and Democratic party policies put in place, right?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 7:54pm
not exactly
someday the big picture will hit you smack dead in the face.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 8:12pm
I'm shocked, I thought Obama was going to right all the Bush wrongs. You know, all that "hope and change".

Maybe instead of investing in an IRA, like all the corporate lobbyist, evil capitalists want you to do, you should just pay more taxes into a government retirement fund so that the money will be there when you retire and it won't be squandered away due to corruption. Like Social Security on a grander scale.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 8:39pm
i think weve discussed what i invest in nowadays, something i can hold in my hand, and it cant get stolen from me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2011 at 3:35pm

I agree, but be careful...the powers that be are trying to push us into the point where investing in such things, along with stockpiling or becoming self-sufficient will be considered acts of terrorism and fall under new laws that are being developed.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2011 at 10:30am
silver is down again, time to buy
you righties stockpile bullets, I'll stockpile silver
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2011 at 10:31am
im on a mission lately involving law enforcement, I will report back in a couple days.....this one is going to be good
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 10:29am
I finally found out what GOP stands for, the greedy one percenters, are you guys loaded and part of that 17% tax rate group? or just plain ole republicans? smoke and mirrors fella's
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 11:09am
ya Eric. you think we are the bad guys but your little weasel Harry Rery Reid did a botch job two month patch and than ran away and ran away fast. He could have stayed and worked this out to a 1 year deal like the President asked for and all agreed to but no. So big deal he thinks he did something when he just postponed the problem so as to not hurt his vacation. You want to place a negative blame on Boehner when it it is Harry Reid that should be Sanctioned.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 1:30pm
like to see who benefited the most from the Iraq war and the big oil spill
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 4:29pm
I really think that the grand scheme of things no one profitted from the war or the spill.Just like no one will benefit from the 2 month extension.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2011 at 9:01am
im having such a hard time with you guys lately, wtf, Hard no one benefited? when we talk about benefiting im not talking about slipping out the back door with a new set of boots, were talking about billions of dollars, there are still contractors over in Iraq, the fcn embassy is housing 17,000 people, its a fcn compound.
now, i did some reading last night, the tax rate in the 1950's was 91% on personal income in graduations, so hypothetically if a tax rate like this was in place today it would discourage (the greedy one percenters)to take home 100 million dollar paycheck and bonuses, that tax rate was designed to encourage the CEO's to not make that type of salary, in my eyes a hero, Jim Sinegal CEO of Costco, brings home 350k with about a 190k bonus, he needs no more than that.
so at the end of the day, these big guys that you guys coddle, idolize,and bow too, take home a couple hundred millies and dont re-invest to put people to work. me the 95% ers, (small business) which obviously small businesses are the brunt of the economies driving wheel pay the fcn taxes at a top rate.
The guys that put these laws into place are the greedy one percenters, the ones who benefit, If you cant see a problem, stay with that party,
A guy Like Sinegal, is right in line with salary, a million tops, nobdy and i mean nobody deserves or is entitled to taking home a 100 million dollar paycheck, it breeds greed, corruption. it turned into a free for all and not free enterprise. At the end of the day, we went into Iraq for the sole purpose of greed, and I dont care what you say but Haliburton and that rotten bastard Cheney got us in that bull*************** and profited as did with the oil spill BS, that rig was so fcd up and they looked the other way, because they could.
We really got to get these tax codes back in line and the top one percenters have to pay more taxes, its creating a burden on a small business guy like me living paycheck to paycheck, i may not be as smart or as corrupt as them, but i will tell you that i work as hard as them and i would happily settle for a 350k salary, and the consequences if I opted to make 100 million dollar salary i would surely agree toa 91% tax bracket which then i would know to keep my salary at the 350k
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2011 at 9:06am
do some reading on thet CIA operative that Cheney outed and Bush pardoned....soemday, you guys will get it
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2011 at 9:18am
if the tax rate was 91% chances are we wouldve never even heard of Iraq or Osama or even the Taliban, these guys we put power are smart they are out for themselves, they create these situations just like the housing crises, the towers, wmd, and they profit, pretty evil i would say
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic