NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone heard from Eric?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 9:59am
I always thought advise was free?
"the things you own will start to own you"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 10:56am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

ok, or he could be like Newt and take a million dollar advise checks and wouldnt have to work so hard at getting Haiti back on its feet again

Maybe we should have invited them in on some of Congressmen insider trading since that's perfectly acceptable.

And as for any canidates gaffs..........Joe Biden
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 10:56am

ok, or he could be like Newt and take a million dollar advise checks and wouldnt have to work so hard at getting Haiti back on its feet again

Eric, Newts company charged a million to consult, but they must have been providing a service or the relationship would not have lasted ten years. but you are correct that is a hundred thousand dollars of tax payer money a year. Now lets look at our current Pres. He deemed his performance at turning around the economy so superior that he feels he and his family deserve a vacation in Hawaii. That means flying over two air-force ones, the presidential limos, security details...... at a cost of 4 million mostly tax payer dollars for one week. On his return he is going to request that we push the national debt to 16 trillion. Put your outrage where it belongs.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 11:45am
I disagree here, I did not vote for O and I wont this time either but I do think he should get to take a vacation. None of the other washington politicians are there over christmas, why should he. Your life, every minute of it, is run by the position. I think its ok for every president to get to take a vacation with his family for christmas. They are people after all. I couldnt work at that pace all year. So I am ok with him getting this vacation even if it is expensive.
We dont pay the president hardly anything anyway. We are ok with a CEO getting a couple million and the president get 400,000? To run a whole country and people would kill you if they had the chance. I think anyone we get in there the taxpayers are getting a bargain even with a few hawaii vacations.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 11:47am
also eric, I need that dampner/clutch plate, whatever its called for my engine. I know before we breifly discussed it. Let me know what the best way to contact you to arrange payment/shipping/pickup is. Thanks bro.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 1:11pm
For all You Dumbacrats:

A doctor from France says:
"In France, the medicine is so advanced that
we cut off a man's testicles; we put them into another man, and
in 6 weeks he is looking for work."

The German doctor comments:
"That's nothing, in Germany we
take part of the brain out of a person;
we put it into another person's head, and
in 4 weeks he is looking for work."

A Russian doctor says:
"That's nothing either. In Russia we
take out half of the heart from a person;
we put it into another person's chest, and
in 2 weeks he is looking for work."

The U.S. doctor answers immediately:
"That's nothing my colleagues,
you are way behind us....in the USA, about 3 years ago,
we grabbed a person from Kenya
with no brains, no heart, and no balls....we made him
President of the United States, and now.......
the whole damn country is looking for work.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 1:16pm

I always thought advise was free?

Only from your parents and friends, all others hold on to your wallet
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 6:23pm
eric, if you think Clinton isn't being paid for all the "consulting" he does I've got a bridge to sell ya. The difference between what guys like Clinton do and what Newt did is what we (the general population) are told and supposed to believe. Like I said, I would love to see any of our politicians (not just Clinton, although he is a good hypocritical example) do things with their own money. I'd love to see the same from all those that are well off...actors are another that bother me. Instead of using your power, influence or popularity to be a spokesperson for fundraising for a cause, go help the cause on your own and lead by example. I have a little more respect for someone like Newt because at least he is honest about the fact his company charged (and paid him) for his consultations.

Personally, I wish everyone would stop giving to all these causes supported by fundraising by politicians, actors and influential people and just do things on their own. Give to a family in need in your neighborhood, give to a cancer research hospital, give to a mission in another country helping the poor, give to the poor in your community, etc. These fundraisers and "corporate" cause type projects are just ways for money to be made by those involved and then the left over given to someone that needs it, and for them to get on tv and convince the sheeple they are looking out for mankind.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

I disagree here, I did not vote for O and I wont this time either but I do think he should get to take a vacation. None of the other washington politicians are there over christmas, why should he. Your life, every minute of it, is run by the position. I think its ok for every president to get to take a vacation with his family for christmas. They are people after all. I couldnt work at that pace all year. So I am ok with him getting this vacation even if it is expensive.
We dont pay the president hardly anything anyway. We are ok with a CEO getting a couple million and the president get 400,000? To run a whole country and people would kill you if they had the chance. I think anyone we get in there the taxpayers are getting a bargain even with a few hawaii vacations.

I have to differ with you here. This is the president who keeps saying the government needs more money, and that he inherited an impossible economy, and that we all need to share in the sacrifice. He is also the one who has found time to play over 80 rounds of golf in three years. He is the one who just spent a week at Maratha's vineyard over labor day weekend. He is the one who's kids went to France over spring break. He is the one who just came back from Asia and Hawaii a few weeks ago. He is the one that keeps saying we need to live green. He is the one that fired the head of government motors for living a excessive lifestyle flying around on private jets while his job performance was sub-par. If he is going to talk the talk he needs to walk the walk. My "Big vacation" for the last two years was driving to green lake, 4 days and a 400 dollar spending limit. Both years I struggled with the decision to go, and whether it was to much to ask of my families budget. He deserves time with his family the same as anyone over the holidays but not a four million dollar trip at tax payer expense. He spends our money like it is monopoly money and I guarantee the only struggling with the decision was if it would hurt him politically. Four million in a private citizens hands could open a small factory and employ many for a year,and he is blowing it in a week. It is the private citizens money that he is so callously spending. How do you convince "the rich" that they should part with their hard earned money when this is what is done with it? Especially in this economy. This is the guy that said he would not rest till the economy was fixed.It show a disconnect along with arrogance. If the job is to much for him and he needs time off that bad there are several republicans in Iowa right now willing to give him the next four years off.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 4:23am
"Brunswick's finest"...LOL..I can only imagine...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 10:11am
John, yeah dealing with the barneys down there in Brunstuck is a thrill, i gotta call from the officer in charge of the case and she asked me about a statement my friend came up with, she very agitatidely asked me who's statement this was and i told her it was his and she asked how come his last name was spelled wrong? i told her probably because i typed it wrong (go figure) she asked why did you type, I said why not?
I typed it from a hand written piece of paper and typed it out and had him sign it, she didnt like that and wanted him to physically type it because it is an important piece of legal evidence as she indicated   wtf
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 10:14am
down to the bottem of the chocolates in Iowa. how can you guys look at those bums and say to yourself "he would make a good president"?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 10:43am

down to the bottem of the chocolates in Iowa. how can you guys look at those bums and say to yourself "he would make a good president"?

It's easy. Anyone of them is better than what we've got.

and I'm stickin with Newt.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 10:57am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

It's easy. Anyone of them is better than what we've got.

and I'm stickin with Newt.

x 2. I have more thoughts than time this morning, I wish I could go further with this.

1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 11:01am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

[QUOTE=eric lavine] down to the bottem of the chocolates in Iowa. how can you guys look at those bums and say to yourself "he would make a good president"?

Mama says life is like a box of chocolates. Sometimes you don't get what you think you will.

1987 Ski Nautique

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 11:28am
I got about 6 survey calls last night. I keep telling them I am for Ron Paul. Mitt is getting nervous about him, the last call was a negative ad about him.

Iowa caucases are all hype, the delegates don't honor the results anyway.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 11:51am

The scary thing is eric, I cant, neither can alot of other R's. I think its gonna be a weak turnout across the board for the elections this year. So the winner may be decided by who has the least number of no shows at the polls. I think the younger generations are very disenfranchised with the current political climate. At least thats the impression I get with everyone I hang out with, no one I talk to is excited about politics. Except my mom, ugh, but she is more excited about hating one person than liking someone else.

I really wish there was a good republican candidate with new ideas, someone that could actually compromise and get the job done. Not a bunch of loud mouths that just tow the party line.

Thats it!! I just decided, Im switching to independent, I am embarrased to be part of either party.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

Thats it!! I just decided, Im switching to independent, I am embarrased to be part of either party.

Only way to go    
Just do not get to vote in the Primaries in NC.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 1:08pm
To vote in the primaries I'm republican (I lie) but I try to vote for the best person for me.

Funny how it's OK for a cop , congressman or the president to lie to me but illegal for me to lie to them

Do you guys remember the movie "The Mechanic" Bronson made wrong-right
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 2:41pm
Ron Paul!!!!!!!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 5:02pm
You say Ron Paul, and you may agree with his ideas but even if elected he will never be able to get congress to impliment them. That is the problem with most of these guys. They all (Dem & Rep) have ideas and offer changes which on the surface sound wonderful. Then once elected they meet congress and nothing happens.

We need someone that can get both parties in congress and the senate to really comprimise and not just patch things up so they can go on vacation. We need a congress that is not just worried about reelection.   

You all know where I'm going with this............

Newt 2012
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 7:27pm
Agreed. We need a bumch of Ron Paul clones for Congress too...LOL! I'm of the opinion that we should vote out all incumbents until we've cleaned house and keep doing it until Congress gets the message.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 4:00am

John, i gotta call from the officer in charge of the case and she asked me...

well there is your first problem right there...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 12:55pm
yes, I know
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 3:25pm
well, everyone laughs at my phone because it looks like its from the 80's and ive had it for about 6 years, i have buffed it many times so i can get a non fuzzy picture when i take one, buffed it so much you can see the speaker through it, It was lost 9 days ago, disappeared out of my daughters pocket, no one could find it on the route to her friends house or on the route home, we had snow on the ground all week and it finally melted, so i decided to go to the friends house and look for it, 30 seconds later i found it in a puddle wide open by his swing set, grabbed it got back in the car, with my 4g friend with always the latest and greatest phone, he is about 10 years younger than me from the technological age, his smirk, the one that laughs the fcn most, and water was still dripping from the phone, I hit the power button...bzzzzpop boom, 6 fcn messages, 18 missed calls, 8 voice mails they dont build them like that anymore
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 3:37pm
Eric's phone:

'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 4:01pm
I paid $200 for that one & they acted like they were doing me a favor selling it to me!   Just like my 1st apple computer.

This is why I lag tech introductions by a generation . . .
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 4:01pm
believe it or not i had one of those, back in 86? 1.50 a minute, when a hot chick would pull up to me in her car i would pretend to be talking on it, because nobody had phones then.
Now, some mention electric cars will never work, if you take a look at that battery pack compared to nowadays you can see the evolution, you had to charge that big pack everyday..
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 4:07pm
fcn, sales man, i broke down and went to the AT n T store, ive had it with things lately and im a short fuse, yes, i thought now is as good time as any to get a phone because chances are my phone will take a *************** in the next day or so and i dont want my friend saying i told you so even though he cant, well I get there and told the guy i need a cheap phone and he starts with his sht, you can do this you can do that it will even bl you...in my words, i said i dont think you fcn understood me, 3 minutes later I walked out with a 19.95 phone
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 4:11pm
its a kinder gentler nation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic