NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

***Music City Mini 2012***

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 14>
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2012 at 8:17pm
Sorry I've been incognito the last couple weeks. Life has just been keeping me super busy...

Justin. That sucks! You are more than welcome to ride down with us, If I take the Winnebago...

We are definitely coming down but I'm not sure if we will be bringing the Winnebago or not. I'm planning on taking it to a welder after work to get the rear frame reinforced with some steel plate, and hopefully he can fix my broken tail pipe while he's at it. I still need to wire up some trailer lights if I'm going to pull the boat... I'm seriously thinking I may just pack a tent and take the Tundra but the kids are hell bent on riding down in the motor home so I'm going to give it my best shot. This stuff was supposed to be done weeks ago but I've just been too busy to get to all of it. I can't wait to get down there and relax!

Adam, I've only had the Winnebago out on one trip to Salt Fork since I got it! I would like to keep it at around 55-60 just because of the amount of gas used but I had it up to 70(downhill) on the way back from Salt Fork. I have had some experience driving it back and forth to the shop though. Had to have both calipers, rotors, etc replaced... then one of the clips came off on one of the pads and was dragging.... so I had to take it back in. I would feel better driving that far with the boat if had time to take it on a short trip with the boat this weekend but I doubt that I'm going to find time. I'll be taking it down to Boliver to the welder I found who is going to do the work for me so that should be a good run to make sure the brakes are ok now.

Adam, I'll try to give you a call on my way home tonight and we will discuss travel plans.

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2012 at 9:31pm
Joe, we're trying to make it mid-day Thursday. Just me and my girlfriend. We can pick you up @ NIA if you'd like. Gonna try for a early start Friday if not Saturday. Gonna start cleaning the boat up this weekend.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2012 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

Oh Joe who wouldnt want you on their boat?
I know I owe him a few pulls.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 12:40am
I owe him more. I plan to have his carburator there I hope he doesn't want it back because it is on my 350 in the '75. Find my S10 and the Boat, it will be beside a tent with only myself and an extra sleeping bag. Coffe will bw a Frwnch Press. Last time I tried it, it resembled coffee.
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 12:43am
I mean coffee in a French Press.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 1:12am
Are there any places to park / keep a boat around the camp site. Not sure how I feel about keeping it in a hotel parking lot.
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 2:33am
What are the gas prices in the area? We are at 3.29 here.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 3:23am
Put the 'cuda in the water today! can't wait to see you all next week!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

What are the gas prices in the area? We are at 3.29 here.

Any non-ethonal around?
georges View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 11:30pm
Hey Gang, A couple of updates. I cruised the campsites and there appears to be enough parking for a boat trailer at each site. Some are pull through, so you should be able to keep your boat with you. The campground entrance is locked each noight so no one can wander through. (May need to make arrangements if you go downtown). The gatehouse lady was pretty friendly.

The camp ground also has some of the best free maps available, so pick it up as you come in. We might want to get a few extras for those staying off-site. If you want to go over some of the lake areas, shallow spots, ski coves, I can meet yall Fri morn.

The marinas have pure gas, with upcharge of ~$1.00/gal above mormal pricing. Gas prices off the lake are running ~$3.20-3.30.

The closest slalom course is not in due to low water conditions. Not sure of status of other course, located ~8 miles up the lake.

Any other questions, let me know. Cell: 615-476-7358

2007 211 Team

1991 Sport
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 11:34pm
Thanks George!
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 11:01am
Well forecasts are known to change, and I'm sure this is bad luck posting this but the weather looks awesome for the weekend.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 12:46pm
I talked with Reid this morning to make sure he was still coming (as he has my house in the RV) and what time his posse' was arriving. He said he reserved #17 as well for Nautique John but John can't make this one. He still has it and will let go of it if anyone wants it. I talked to someone up there on the lake (but it wasn't the campgnd hosts) who said that sites 1-7 are still closed. He said we shouldn't have a problem mooring the boats just off the shore in front of the campsite. With sites 1-7 still being closed I think there will be plenty mooring space for 20+ Correct Craft's. THAT IS A PHOTO OP OF A LIFETIME!

I have the # for the hosts and plan on calling them with questions as to what time the gate will be closed and can we make arrangements to have it unlocked when we all return from a night in Nashville. The guy says he thought the gate was locked @ 10pm. I'll let y'all know when I do.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 6:44pm
Okay Mini Attendees I just got off the phone several times with the one of the Anderson Campground Gate Attendants so here's the scoop:

They were currently working on and cleaning up/repairing the area by the boat launch and the launch itself as they know we're coming. If you want to put the boat back on the trailer for the eve then you'll have a place to park it for the evening.

They do not have a problem with those of us leaving the boats in the water moored or beached back in the cove (sites 1-10) but wanted us to be aware that the Army Corps of Engineers ain't responsible for damage if it occurs. Y'all that are hoteling it can leave your boats there at the campground on the trailer or in the water as long as you are part of CCFan so I think if you want those of us that are camping to watch your baby while your away, the first round or two is on you!

The attendant also reinerated that the water levels are way down and boating accidents are up as folks unfamiliar with the lake are venturing off the main channels and running aground etc. STAY ON THE MAIN CHANNEL. If you gotta a spare prop you'd better bring it.
He also suggested that we should look into Seven Points campground if we decide on a Music City II next year as it has docking slips, power/water and tent camping. He did say that, Seven Points is booked solid thru the summer and you would need to book early to get a slot. you can reserve a slot 180 days out. Might be worth looking into if this one becomes a regular unofficial reunion. Kinda sounds to me like it will as it's much like how the River Run started.

The gate is "locked" at 10:00pm so whoever is riding shotgun and in the lead vehicle (when we venture out to Music City an return late) consider yourself the temporary gate keeper.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 9:43pm
I called them today too Tim. they told me they have not finished the project to install the electric and water at sites 1-10.

I'm planning on leaving Wednessday morning. I wont be bringing the RV as it is going to need some work done before I can tow the boat that far Paula has decided not to come either. She said "I'm not sleeping in a tent in TN. they have bears and snakes down there!" so it will just be me and the kids.

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 10:25pm
I hope it's going to be cooler there. It's Freakin' Africa hot here!
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 11:55pm
Oohga shocka Oogha shocka
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 6:01am
Ok kids, I have some bad news...the long and the short of it is that unless the guys at fantastic finishes pull what I consider to be a miracle out of their @sses I will be boatless for the event. I am absolutely coming either way, but somehow and without provocation my boat don't want to run. I won't get in to the problems I've had with the trailer, but believe me, also not fun. This about sums it up, whoever put my plug in last at ffm cross-threaded it, and its a good thing I opened the ski locker and saw if flooded when I did or me and the four...lets call them decorative accessories....I had with me would have gotten a first hand view of the bottom of lake erie yesterday. Its been a very frustrating couple of weeks.

Here's my question, what are we doing friday night? Cookout? Bar and grille somewhere? I'm good with approaching a week on the lake with no plan, but if there is one, somebody share.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 10:09am
Adam, Sorry to here of the bad news. I guess you still got a couple of days so hopefully things will work out. I think there really ian't a plan per say and I imagine that most everyone will probably just wing it. I think the only plan is to have a invade some island on the lake on Sat and grill out and hit downtown Nashville on Sat Night. That's the wonderful thing about these mini's is that usually.......'The Plan is.....There is No Plan!"
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

probably just wing it. I think the only plan is to have a invade some island on the lake on Sat and grill out and

Do we need a grill? Does anyone need / want anything from Texas? Maybe some Pabst Blue Ribbon or some Lone Star? LOL
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 11:05am
I'm sorry to say I will not be making this. My dad just took a turn for the worst, Hes 85 and I just can't leave him on this fathers day.
I have campsite 19 any body can have it, I can e-mail you my receipt.
kirk
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 11:44am
WOW they're dropping like flies.

Adam wish you knew earlier on your boat. I just stripped the rub rail and windscreen off the '85 it's going in for some cosmetic gel work while we're gone. You could have drug that down with you but then you would have kicked the Air to the curb after driving the Ole'85.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 1:14pm
Well I'm definitely not falling out with the flies, just adapting on the fly. This really just means that I get the pleasure of getting dragged around behind more different boats.

And as far as kicking the air to the curb, you just can't get as much of a party on that 2001...I can't always ski on lake erie, but with the open bow I never have to say no when I get asked, is it ok if I invite some of my girlfriends?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

This really just means that I get the pleasure of getting dragged around behind more different boats.

Anybody looking for a pull please just flag down the green machine, I plan on taking full advantage of $3.20 gas. I get real fidgity just sitting around all day so anytime anywhere just throw us your line and we're off.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Anybody looking for a pull please just flag down the green machine, I plan on taking full advantage of $3.20 gas. I get real fidgity just sitting around all day so anytime anywhere just throw us your line and we're off.

I would love to see first hand the slalom wake on your Sport but am afraid it'll make me mad when a V-drive puts out a better slalom wake than either of our direct drives .

Looking forward to the weekend
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 2:40pm
Guys/Gals,

FRIDAY:
I wanted to get everyone together at the campground Friday night with boats in tow (or floating) for just an informal gathering and mini boat show. There will be some great CC's there, new and old that a lot of members have never seen up close, so trailer it in. Sounds like there is plenty of room. No food is going to be served, you are on your own there. BYOB as well.

SATURDAY:
Seeing that the logisitics of bringing grills out on our boats has become less of an attractive idea for lunch, I'm sure we'll also change this up, unless there is enough grill space and effort still on you're guy's part to pull it off. YOU GUYS WITH grills, let us know who you are??

The in water gathering also may change location. Luau island is a cool meeting place but it is basically on the channel and is rock lined, so eventhough the top is sand based, the boats can't be beached there. Two lines would have to be incorporated to keep boats out away from land's edge. George has mentioned that there are sand bars, but I don't know how far away they are. More info to be announced and answers sought then.
Sat Night: Heading downtown. This will be done on an individual bases. No party bus or Limo will be provided. Cabs are readily available in the area and downtown is pretty close..

SUNDAY:
It's a "do whatever" day...

Looking very forward to seeing you all !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I would love to see first hand the slalom wake on your Sport but am afraid it'll make me mad when a V-drive puts out a better slalom wake than either of our direct drives .

Looking forward to the weekend

Well your welcome to a pull but the slalom wake is best with very little weight and a light load of gas. I think we'll be heavy with people, gear and fuel all weekend so it may not bedazzle you. I myself will be looking for a TSC1 or better pull. Otherwise the 200 sport is so versatile I don't mind giving up a little slalom wake to have all the other advantages the boat offers.

Saturday I went from surfing, to trick then to slalom. I only got out of the water to put on my ski other wise the boat was converted to the next discipline before I was ready. After that we filled back up and my wife strapped on the wakeboard. We couldn't be happier.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 2:48pm
Mojo, I have a portable mid-sized gas grill I'll bring. I would think brats, dogs, and burgers would be easy Saturday.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 4:21pm
I'll be bringing my Weber Q-300. If anyone would like to use it, it will only cost you a beer

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 4:27pm
Hey Dave- Did you get my voice mail last weekend???

I found the Anchor Buddy at Gander Mountain on clearance for $15. They had about 7 left in red and one in black, I got the black one for myself. If anyone wants a red one I can pick you one up and bring it with me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic