NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New paint or not?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
barefootdan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefootdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New paint or not?
    Posted: January-31-2012 at 3:02am
I have just purchased a 1979 barefoot nautique and i dont know weather or not to re paint the barefoot nautique lettering, the lettering on it now shows a pretty good amount fo fading but is still not that bad. should i keep it original or not? the gel coat looks great. please help
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2012 at 1:05pm
Tape it off and paint it back to original!!

Lets see some pics
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2012 at 1:20pm
Chris, Im guessing its this boat.

Very cool boat- mostly original, including the OMC 454, and a good bit of the interior. One of the few '79's Ive seen that does not have the "Bare Foot" lettering on the side- feet only.

If this is in fact the boat in question, then Id leave it as-is for the time being... it looks pretty good! When the time comes, then check out the '77 Ski Nautique that Jeff Toro did a few years ago:

'77 graphics resto

'77 graphics resto update

For now, just enjoy the boat... any used boat this age will require some amount of work. Id get it out on the water and play with it for a while before committing to a full cosmetic update!

Oh, and if and when you do decide to "update" the boat, I would highly encourage you to keep it original... that boat is a great looking survivor, and very cool!

Our '79 needs the graphics repainted worse than yours does:

barefootdan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefootdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2012 at 2:46am
Yes that is the boat thanks for all the help I have taken the boat out and it runs great
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic