NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom 1965 Correct Craft Mustang build

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2526272829 32>
Author
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

If you want a dash without the big holes, I have the same color and year Mustang hull that you can have if you want to come to Maine and get it.

If you could PM me pictures that would be great.

Do you have any parts off of it you would like to sell? I really want the original bow light, its pretty cool looking.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 12:27pm
If you want a dash without the big holes, I have the same color and year Mustang hull that you can have if you want to come to Maine and get it.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Hussler Hussler wrote:

Darn, I thought these were a die cast :( I'm not sure what it would take to have them dipped in the primer coat
http://www.nautiqueparts.com/correctcraftnameplateemblem.aspx

Proper link

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 12:19pm
Darn, I thought these were a die cast :( I'm not sure what it would take to have them dipped in the primer coat
http://www.nautiqueparts.com/correctcraftnameplateemblem.aspx
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

but it sounds like the $30 plastic sets (original on 80-81 boats) would be more in line with your budget.

And, the non original set sure wouldn't hurt your "custom" build!

I really don't like the look though, I will probably buy them and put them on and wait until proper repos are available. I'd pay 250, but can't at the moment due to the scale of this project.

OR I could have the new style blasted and chromed that wouldnt be too bad! I know a guy that could probably just through them in with a batch of about 50 bumpers lol!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

but it sounds like the $30 plastic sets (original on 80-81 boats) would be more in line with your budget.

And, the non original set sure wouldn't hurt your "custom" build!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 11:50am

Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Try a search, Trbenj had a thread about making badge reproductions, it didn't work out from an ecomomic standpoint. But, I believe in the thread a few people had extra sets they might sell.

I'm with you on making the boat what you want it to be. Maybe draw the line at adding a radar arch though.

Yeah I ran into a couple of those threads google searching, thats unfortunate, I'd pay about 100 bucks for a premo set.

LOL, $100 for a "premo" set! Good one!

You'd be lucky to find a set that was completely pitted for that price... but they dont come up often. The ones I had made recently cost over $300/pair. Im working with a few new vendors to try and get the price below $250, and things are looking encouraging... but it sounds like the $30 plastic sets (original on 80-81 boats) would be more in line with your budget.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 10:18am
It's a 2 3/4" gauge body, 3" across the bezel. The tach is a Westach brand, looks like model 50L. Here's the back of it, sorry for the not so good phone pics.

'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 3:15am
Damn that looks hard to find! Thanks for the pic! Do you know the diameter of the gauge? I should at least find one that is the same size so in case I ever find a CC one it will fit right in. Theres an old box of chris craft, century and garwood gauges at the marina but I doubt any correct crafts
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 2:47am
I'll take a look at what I have but might have to wait until I'm at the boat to take some new pics.

To show what a geek I am, I'm in bed typing this but my old original tach is on my nightstand next to the bed. I'm not even sure why, think I had it out some time ago and never put it back. It's a CC labeled tach. As a young and foolish 20 year old I took out this tach which wasn't reading right, and replaced with a larger tach, hole-sawed to make it fit. Oh, well.

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 1:32am

Try a search, Trbenj had a thread about making badge reproductions, it didn't work out from an ecomomic standpoint. But, I believe in the thread a few people had extra sets they might sell.

I'm with you on making the boat what you want it to be. Maybe draw the line at adding a radar arch though.

Yeah I ran into a couple of those threads google searching, thats unfortunate, I'd pay about 100 bucks for a premo set.

Haha radar arch., god I wouldnt even put in a fishfinder imagine how awful that would look???

David, could you post some pics of your gauges and front bench seat pretty please? I want to make a seat extremely similar. And I would like to know what brand of gauges/style they had. It looks like I'm really not going to have the time this summer to aderess the dash but I can at least stock up on parts.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 12:51am

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 12:04am
I'm trying to find the earlier style chrome Correct craft badge, I imagine there's no reproductions? I know I wont be happy with that 70's style reproduction.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 11:13pm

You aft all around white nav light doesn't work?

Touchy now arent we!

I don't think LED's are on Pete's approved parts list!

I can't imagine you doing all that with a 120 volt inverter on your last project, seems like a sketchy plan. 12 volt all the way!

It worked ok, at the time there wasnt the LED tech and 12v neon wouldnt disperse the way I wanted.

Approved parts?? What is this some sort of restoration?? Might as well tear out the 351 while I'm at it!
A boat like this doesnt have its orginal motor and needs new gelcoat has lost any "original" value that a collector would seek out. That is part of the reason I bought this boat, I don't have to feel bad doing whatever I wish to it.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 10:58pm

Touchy now arent we!

I don't think LED's are on Pete's approved parts list!

I can't imagine you doing all that with a 120 volt inverter on your last project, seems like a sketchy plan. 12 volt all the way!
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 10:56pm

Touchy now arent we!
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 10:55pm
Bingo! I had a deflector on the bayliners stern light precisely for that reason. That way, I could have the boat lit up without the harshness
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 10:46pm
I have to say that if we stop somewhere out in the lake the nav light is too bright, you look back and it glares at you, attracts bugs if close to shore. I'll turn off the lights a bit but obviously only if there is nobody else out, and then only for a short time.

So, I get it with the soft accent light idea.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 10:40pm

Under the gunwhales, the indirect lighting always looks awesome at night.

As soon as I saw the word "custom" in the title, I knew sooner or later this would come up!

Its a nice accent, makes late night cruises a lot nicer when you can see who you are talking too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 10:29pm

As soon as I saw the word "custom" in the title, I knew sooner or later this would come up!

Its a nice accent, makes late night cruises a lot nicer when you can see who you are talking too.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by 70CC 70CC wrote:

Hi Jim,

How does the dash look under the wood panel that was added?

-Phil

Essentially gone, just a big jigged oval
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 9:07pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 8:19pm
Hi Jim,

How does the dash look under the wood panel that was added?

-Phil
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 7:20pm
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 6:06pm

Just ordered two 16ft sections of waterproof red LEDs. Its nice they come in 12v, I had to run a massive inverter on the bayliner for the 120v lighting I had last time.

Where will the lighting go?
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 5:28pm
Just ordered two 16ft sections of waterproof red LEDs. Its nice they come in 12v, I had to run a massive inverter on the bayliner for the 120v lighting I had last time.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 3:14pm
Decided against doing the dash for now, at least until I find some new gauges.

So until the boat show and exchange in st. Lawrence then!
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 2:42am
Thanks! She will be great I promise!

Question for those still watching, what would be the best wood to replace the dash piece that would varinish to a nice gloss?
mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 12:53am
Ah....to be young! Awesome job, Keep the work up, and post pics as you do, really cool to see this thing take (another) shape......
NO LONGER A MEMBER
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2012 at 8:06pm
Just ordered a Walnut steering wheel from grant, should fit pretty well with the look im going for.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2526272829 32>
  Share Topic