NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom 1965 Correct Craft Mustang build

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1314151617 32>
Author
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 6:16pm
Oh, and what would be super cool is if someone could measure the distance from the front edge of the bow eye to the back point of the bearclaw on their Mustang, I'd like to drill the hole in the deck today :D
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 9:18pm
where is the rust on the truck.. I would give anything to have a source from georgia to florida and some in california to buy my next projects
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

where is the rust on the truck.. I would give anything to have a source from georgia to florida and some in california to buy my next projects

I know right, can you believe its an 89? Lived in CA its whole life then some guy from utica went and got it, just to sell it to me a year later. 76,000 miles on the 7.3 and still has a shiny factory muffler, it was for sale for 2700, knocked him down to 2550 :D. Not going to do much to it, repaint it black, tint the windows and replace the front bench seat with buckets. I do not need another project lol!!

And because who doesnt like pictures...

Got a huge tool box for it and bolted in a generator because hell yeah

Buddys new dog Kai is a big fan of it. Excuse the missing door panel, I was replacing the rear speakers at the time.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2013 at 2:56am
Awesome truck Jim! That was a steal! I laughed when I read your post, I just bought a '98 GMC diesel crew cab dually a week ago, and was thinking this afternoon about putting my generator in a box on it, funny how it would come up twice in one day. I plan to post about the truck but will do so in the off topic section.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2013 at 1:30pm
Looks like Kai is thinking:   "Put down the phone and camera and let's ride"
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2013 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Awesome truck Jim! That was a steal! I laughed when I read your post, I just bought a '98 GMC diesel crew cab dually a week ago, and was thinking this afternoon about putting my generator in a box on it, funny how it would come up twice in one day. I plan to post about the truck but will do so in the off topic section.

Thanks, yeah I originally put the generator in there because I thought it would be cool to weld remotely, but I figured out that its works just as well to charge the batteries when you accidentally leave the lights on :D Is your dually a 6.5 turbo detroit?
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2013 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Looks like Kai is thinking:   "Put down the phone and camera and let's ride"

He loved it, ive never seen an animal fall asleep so quickly
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2013 at 1:59am
Originally posted by Hussler Hussler wrote:

Is your dually a 6.5 turbo detroit?

Yes, 6.5.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2013 at 1:05am
Still not much to update, faced my exhaust manifolds, they were really badly rusted, had to take off about .05 before they started looking good. Now their getting an acid bath and I'll respray them when I paint the truck tomorrow.

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 11:35pm
Gotta say, boat has been at the bottom of the list lately but for many good reasons! And because this is a build thread and everybody loves pics:
Truck all dolled up

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 11:55pm
Tubing bender hydraulic setup I built, prob should have waited until fall but whateves. Fun fact, hydro pump and rams are from a wheelchair van, valve is from a snowplow LOL

[/IMG">
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 12:03am
Andddd the last project to finish up before the boat, Ford exploder axle for the jeep,should be done thursday, then I will reassemble the boat motor and start cutting apart the dash.

jbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 12:47am
what kind of jeep is that going in? I built one for my old YJ. Too bad you couldn't track one down with discs.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 1:06am
Originally posted by jbach jbach wrote:

what kind of jeep is that going in? I built one for my old YJ. Too bad you couldn't track one down with discs.

XJ, its got disks, youre looking at the parking brake shoes Just have to finish trussing, plating the pumpkin and run some brakelines and paint.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 1:39am
Bender is built, truck is painted, just have to finish the axle swap on the jeep and the boat will have 100% of my attention. Anybody want to guess what this process is accomplishing?? BTW, boat is obviously back in its little tent at this point.

juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2013 at 10:46pm
My guess you are trying to crown the deck.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2013 at 1:15am
?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2013 at 2:07am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Careful with the propane also it will make you loopy. I spent alot of time in tents with propane heat,not all of us had underground trucks with built in heat and air blower.

was roaming around in old threads looking at pictures and missed this shot accross my bow....I resemble this remark Gary....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2013 at 12:13pm
Alright rookies, the two boards clamped together were around the eyelet, enabled me to break it free without damaging the chrome.

So I replaced the dash board, heres a bad pic with the old board still in.

Removed.

Glassed the side and then sandwhiched it in
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2013 at 2:02pm
Sorry forgot the last pic.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2013 at 2:04pm
Also cut the hole for the front vent, im in the process of building the recessed box for the horn under the vent today. Its going to suck trying to fiberglass up under the bow like that.

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 12:33am
News flash: It REALLY sucks trying to fiberglass under the bow! Wish I had done the dash ect. when the boat was flipped over. Got the boards clamped in and glassed under the vent, also just about done glassing in imperfections on the topside.

Forgot to take any meaningful pics so heres an arbitrary shot I took. You can kind of see the clamps at the bow holding the vent box up

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 4:52am
Thanks for sharing!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 6:15pm
Hussler, i firmly believe you have a clamp fetish!!!

Looks awesome, look forward to the finished dash pics.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2013 at 9:10pm
Hussler I really like what you are doing. Take a walk on the wild side no body is going to get hurt. Though I tend to be a purist when I have a complete boat of an older vintage to resto I like the way you have taken this one as an open slate and let the boat become a part of your character and person. I hope you enjoy it when it is done. I have considered doing something similar with a wood hull. Cant imagine, and some folks get bored with life.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2013 at 1:33am
Originally posted by juniorwoody juniorwoody wrote:

Hussler I really like what you are doing. Take a walk on the wild side no body is going to get hurt. Though I tend to be a purist when I have a complete boat of an older vintage to resto I like the way you have taken this one as an open slate and let the boat become a part of your character and person. I hope you enjoy it when it is done. I have considered doing something similar with a wood hull. Cant imagine, and some folks get bored with life.

Thank you, glad you appreciate what I'm trying to accomplish! They way things are going I think it will turn out quite pretty.

Havent gotten much done, with final exams and the sun beating on the tent its been tough to concentrate. Got the hole cut for the little vent that some mustangs have.

From the backside of the dash, those black spots are paint that melted off the gloves into the epoxy :/ What a ***** to epoxy under there

Little recessed box ive been talking about, still needs glass reinforcing.

Forgot to take more relevant pics, those clamps are holding on supplemental bracing to reinforce the dash into the sides of the boat.
The jack was just to preload the dash from sagging.

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2013 at 1:39am
Oh and ill have to take more pics of this tomorrow. HUGE problem I was having, the throttle wouldn't fit under the deck! I considered glassing on a small lump downward to make more space but I felt that would look hacked. Needed about .5 off the throttle armature to clear the deck So instead with many measurements I ended up moving the throttle cable mounting spot inward and hacking off the rest. Forgot to take an after pic of the cut.

turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2013 at 12:14pm
How are you going to do the vent box to the engine compartment?
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2013 at 12:25pm
The bottom plate for the vent will have a horn mounted and a 3inch flex tube going into the bilge, there is also the two 3 inch tubes that will go from the engine to the vents in the stern
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2013 at 4:40pm
I hope your control works out for you Jim. I had nothing but trouble with mine,if you remember mine is an SS that originally had the console mounted controls and at some time been converted to a Morse single lever. The problem you might run into now is since you shortned the lever your carb will not fully open. What you might have to do is use the original length lever but turn it 180 on the lever mount,then run the cable from the front over the top of the engine and have it push the carb open rather than have the cable under the engine and coming over to pull the carb open. Not sure this will work either can't remember if the shift lever will be in the way. Anyway after dealing with this for a long time and having another member commenting on how hard the lever worked I started the project to find the original equiptment. Now it works so much nicer,settings stay where you want and it works so much smoother.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1314151617 32>
  Share Topic