NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom 1965 Correct Craft Mustang build

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1819202122 32>
Author
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2014 at 3:39am
I am really enjoying this. You do more in a day than I do in a month. Looks very nice.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

lolwowgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolwowgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2014 at 7:10am
That was great article and i find a nice game please click this web site.
Buy eso gold
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2014 at 12:01am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

I am really enjoying this. You do more in a day than I do in a month. Looks very nice.

Thanks, In all honesty I had just done the Chrysler so it was like muscle memory lol. I was able to do the whole lower end in a day so that gives me a good idea if somebody wanted to pay me to do it.

Anyways, the motor will be painted tomorrow so these will hopefully be the last pics of it all cattywampus looking.

Dont mind the port pics, I forgot to take one of them done, but it gives you a good idea of how much more air these heads flow.

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2014 at 12:42am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

BTW, do you know what the term "billet" means? It is a total marketing SCAM!!!! Goggle the term.

Looked to me that what he was describing was indeed billet and not a cast piece. I don't see anything wrong there. Not sure why you think it is a marketing scam? There are definite advantages to billet materials over cast pieces in certain instances. Strength and weight savings are two that come to mind. Of course it all depends on how the original billet block was heat treated before it was milled.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2014 at 1:07pm
Painted the motor. Try to keep it in your pants, I couldnt :)

Also, had to go to work this weekend and work on this rare bird, a 1938 seabird to be exact. Original bottom in shockingly good condition but needed a repaint. Nailed on with handmade copper nails!

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 3:32am
Almost ready for its first run, probably tomorrow will be initial break in!

Fitting the oil cooler

Relocated water pickup

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 8:45am
It looks beautiful! I'm looking forward to a video of it running. It will be interesting to see how you prop it.

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

It looks beautiful! I'm looking forward to a video of it running. It will be interesting to see how you prop it.

Thanks, I think we are ALL very interested in how im gone to prop it lol! Its a 12 in 15 pitch right now. I'll have to order a couple props from acme when the time comes
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 1:10pm
One last pic, just have to figure out a missing water hose then I can start it

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2014 at 12:34am
I can't believe how violent this thing sounds !!! Its beautiful! To drunk to take a good video, you'll guys will have to wait till tomorrow lol!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2014 at 1:04am
Believe me, a drunken video would be just fine.
What kind of overlap does that thing have?

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 11:52am
Ok guys, I've been working 50hrs a week at the marina and working on my own junk so I've had no free timeto post . If you guys help me with my current problem however I promise I'll put up a buttload of pics. Yes, I'm holding pictures hostage.

It's got a Borg 71c, twice now at about 3k rpms I've blown the input transmission seal. Wasn't accelerating either time it happened, just cruising. I replaced the seal when iI rebuilt the motor. It pushed out the seal the first time, the second time around I glued it in and it still happened. Cheap seal? Not the right glue? Something wrong with the trans?

I don't think it's heat related, the second time it happened I didn't get 300ft from the dock.

Couldn't help but notice the oil pump is right under the input seal, is there a lot of pressure on that seal?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 12:10pm
I believe that you have a worn out pump.there is not supposed to be any pressure behind that seal.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I believe that you have a worn out pump.there is not supposed to be any pressure behind that seal.

Hmm that sounds like a pretty good answer to me! Would a messed up heat exchanger cause back up pressure? Mine has a couple dings
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Absolutely correct.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Hussler Hussler wrote:

[QUOTE=Hussler] Would a messed up heat exchanger cause back up pressure

Nope, sounds like a tranny rebuild is in your future.

Too bad, I was looking forward to hearing how it ran out. When you get it back together, bring an extra pair of pants (just in case).
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2014 at 10:15pm
or at least some thick underwear ,tight thick underwear, wait tight thick dark colored underwear
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 12:07am
Well if its just the oil pump, cant I replace just the pump? looks like they cost about $210.

And yeah, you need your game face on above 50mph
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 12:41am
And as promised

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 3:42am
That sounds nasty.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 4:43am

Be careful, that thing could introduce you to a world of pain.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 9:43am
It's hard to capture the way an engine sounds in simple video, even stock v8's sound pretty nasty.

I guess we'll see if my theory is correct on the slow vs. fast mustang molds. I've noticed that the ones with the "transom pad" tend to run faster and exhibit fewer dangerous tendencies at high speeds than the smooth backed version this boat has. Peter, did your Skylark have the pad?
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 9:56am
Sounds like music. Steppenwolf.
Js
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 8:26pm
So do you guys think replacing just the oil pump will solve my problems?
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 2:27pm
Bump?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 4:11pm
As long as you have the trans opened up, rebuild it!! I caution you that there are tolerances that must be measured that are not in the manual.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 6:12pm
Frankly, I just have to get it back on the water. If just a pump will do it, that's what I'll do for now and I'll rebuild the whole thing this winter
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 3:46pm
She sounds mean
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2014 at 5:39pm
Oil pump ordered. Hope you guys are right!

I'll upload a bunch up pics tomorrow when I get home
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2014 at 12:02pm
Hope you guys like pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1819202122 32>
  Share Topic