Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NE Ohio CCFan Mini at Salt Fork Lake  Aug. 3 - 5
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NE Ohio CCFan Mini at Salt Fork Lake Aug. 3 - 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NE Ohio CCFan Mini at Salt Fork Lake Aug. 3 - 5
    Posted: February-06-2012 at 7:48pm
Last year we had a great time despite the bad weather so lets start planning for the

2012 Salt Fork CCF Mini Reunion!   

August 3rd - 5th

Salt Fork is Ohio's largest state park and has a beautiful campground with lots of nice free docking. Salt Fork also has a really nice lodge (for those that don't want to camp) with two swimming pools, restaurant, bar, and game room. They also have cabins available but these fill up really quick.

The park has 14 hiking trails, a golf course, and an abundance of wildlife. The 2,952-acre lake is beautiful and has the largest inland beach in Ohio. Located right off of I-77 in Cambridge, Ohio.

This year I promise the weather will be better and the skiing will be just as good as it was last year! This is a family friendly event so bring the whole crew.

Plan early as the campground fills up VERY quickly. The botom of the "F" Loop where we were at last year is already full and they just became available to book last week... So, This year we are going to occupy the top of the "G" Loop.

To register your campsite at Salt Fork State Park

1. Follow the link below:
   Ohio State Parks On-line Reservations

2. Select Salt Fork State Park from the drop down list then Campsite

3. Fill in Search Criteria as shown (a two night stay is required on weekends.)

4. Click View Availability on Maps

5. Select your site by clicking on the map. Lets try to get together in the outlined area of the "G" Loop.

You may also call: 866-644-6727 to reserve your site
GET YOUR SITE RESERVED ASAP!

For those that don't want to camp, the lodge is also available, I recommend trying to find a room on the first level on the wing near the lake. The deer come up to the lodge in the evening. and will almost be on your back porch.
Salt Fork Lodge

If anyone has any questions feel free to give me a call (330-704.6334)

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2012 at 9:50pm
IN
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2012 at 9:54pm
That was some write-up Randy...well done.

I'll throw my 2 cents in, I had a blast down there last year, the water was great, and the camping was easy. Plus Chef-boy-ar-Randy's smoked meat on Saturday night was a pretty great way to wind down the day...even in the pouring rain. Highly recommend making the trip for anyone within striking distance.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2012 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

That was some write-up Randy...well done.

Thanks Adam, I just copy and pasted it from last years post and adjusted a couple of the details.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2012 at 10:43pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2012 at 11:52pm
I have campsite #8 reserved in the "G" loop. We will be arriving Thursday and leaving Monday.

Ok, lets get this party started! Respond with quote and add your name.

Randy_in_Ohio -   8/2/2012 - 8/6/2012   Campground site# G-8
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2012 at 1:10am
Dad agrees, "a good time was had by all."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2012 at 1:15am
Jakie- you were the life of the party! I hope you find your way back up here again this year.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2012 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Jllogan - 8/3/2012 - 8/5/2012
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2012 at 2:01pm

For all you believers in Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Yeti... Salt Fork was featured on the Animal Planets "Finding Bigfoot" a couple weeks ago. So, you may want to work on your bigfoot calls.

Finding Bigfoot

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2012 at 2:16pm
oh its squatchie! Thats for sure.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 3:43pm
Not much chatter on this in a while. I want to come down and check it out. Been a few years sense I was at the SJRR and this looks as close as anything for meeting up with a few fellow CCFans. I am hoping to get my dad and brother to join and make it a guys camping weekend. I will let you guys know soon.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Jllogan - 8/3/2012 - 8/5/2012
Azeus17 - 8/3/12 - 8/5/12 site# G-7 bringing 02 SANTE

Boats:
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 6:54pm
The new party wagon! This is where its at for 2012 NE Ohio Mini!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 2:20pm
Glad to see your going to make it Adam! It's going to be a great time! I'm hoping now that Spring has arrived we can get some more CCFans to get spots reserved. I checked the reservation site and it looks like they have already reserved about half of the sites in the campground. Still plenty of spots available in the "G" loop, and the lodge usually always has rooms available.

Our Winnebago will be party headquarters this year! No wet tent, and protection from those nasty bears which Paula insists are lurking in the woods!

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 6:35pm
I certainly can't make a decision this early without speaking to the boss, but this appears to be even closer to me than Nashville, albeit only about 40 miles, so I'm gonna see if i can twist Laurie's arm and take in this event as well.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

but this appears to be even closer to me than Nashville, albeit only about 40 miles,   

hey Reid, you buzzed on the apple pie hooch again or post under the wrong thread???
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

but this appears to be even closer to me than Nashville, albeit only about 40 miles,   

hey Reid, you buzzed on the apple pie hooch again or post under the wrong thread???

no I think he is about right.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 9:11pm
Reid it would be awesome if you and laurie could make it! It would be a straight shot up I-77 for you. That weekend is Paula's birthday so bring some of that apple pie with ya!

I dont think dave is taking into consideration how far west Nashville is.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2012 at 2:11pm
Looks like we'll be making this trip but we'll be slumming it and staying at the lodge. Just made our reservations so we'll be looking to bum some campfire space. See you in a few months.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 6:59pm
Alan,

Glad to see you and Dana are going to come out! I think you'll like the lodge.

If anyone else is interested in the lodge, here is the link:
Salt Fork Lodge

This is a great option for those who have small children and/or don't want to camp.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 7:55pm
Still on the fence but it looks like all the sites are taken ?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2012 at 12:50pm
Kirk

There are still plenty of sites available. But don't sit on the fence too long! As you can see from the pic below, the "F" and "G" Loops are already about half booked for that weekend. Once the weather starts to get nice, it will really fill up.

My recommendation is that you book a site now and cancel it later if your plans change.

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2012 at 6:15pm
bump,
august will be here before you know it.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2012 at 7:37pm
I unfortunately spoke a little to early on this one as Laurie and I will be at a family reunion that weekend. At least the reunion will be fun as it's gonna be at Lake Gaston on the NC/VA line at cuz-in-law and fellow CCFan'er JMurph's place and we'll be there with his crew of skiers and multiple CC's. You guys represent for us there in OHIO as we wish we could be there.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2012 at 5:14pm
Well that stinks Reid! I know the kids and Paula were really excited you guys were going to make it. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Nashville in a few weeks.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 4:00pm
It pains me to type this, but it looks like we will not be able to attend as planned. For anyone interested, site G-7 will open up shortly...
Boats:
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 11:34pm

I unfortunately spoke a little to early on this one as Laurie and I will be at a family reunion that weekend. At least the reunion will be fun as it's gonna be at Lake Gaston on the NC/VA line at cuz-in-law and fellow CCFan'er JMurph's place and we'll be there with his crew of skiers and multiple CC's. You guys represent for us there in OHIO as we wish we could be there.     

Hilarious. I was just reading this thread to see if the Murphy's could make this trip. I guess after reading your post we're out. Looks like a beautiful area. Maybe next year.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 12:12pm
randy you better have the winnie ready by then.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 12:54pm
OK we just took the G7 spot that opened up. Thanks for the heads up Adam sorry you can't make it. See ya'll there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic