Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NE Ohio CCFan Mini at Salt Fork Lake  Aug. 3 - 5
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NE Ohio CCFan Mini at Salt Fork Lake Aug. 3 - 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 3:50pm
Unless you added 2" of pitch to that 540, youre running a whole bunch more RPM than that. Probably right around 4900.
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 3:55pm
That's what I was thinkin, may be a candidate to try my 430. Let me know if you do Paul, good excuse to come a lil north or me vice versa
Brian
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 4:00pm
My bet is that the 540 is allowing him to spin right where he makes peak power. I think he'd slow down everywhere (top end and bottom end) with that 430. But it would be an interesting experiment.

The boat Id like to try the 430 on is my uncle's stock 330hp '86 (Banana) Barefoot Nautique.
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 4:01pm
Say the word
Brian
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 4:05pm
Brian I was actually thinking of trying to get up to Conneaut Lake around the 17th. I wanted to show Jim how the boat turned out since I bought from him.
If Conneaut doesn't work out we always go to East Brady we could meet there.

Tim no change to the prop but the tach may be off it could have been a little higher I wasn't watching it. My '95 runs 52-5400 and the '85's motor didn't seem to sound like it was wound up nearly that high.
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 4:18pm
Let me know if you do, I'd like to see the boat and maybe pick your brain on some things on mine and we can throw this prop no there to try if u like. Tim I can send it your way after that if I still have 2 boats!
Brian
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 4:18pm
Paul's also half Canadian so that might be 50 Canadian mph...there's a conversion table in there somewhere
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 4:24pm
Im just basing my guess on how that prop performs on that hull. 4400 will usually net 45-46mph on an early (82-86) 2001. To get another 3-4mph, you probably need to be spinning it 400-500rpm more than that. It would take a much more efficient hull design to be doing 49mph at 4300rpm with that prop.

Brian, it would be fun to try that prop- let me know!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Paul's also half Canadian so that might be 50 Canadian mph...there's a conversion table in there somewhere

That would be kilometers than, not Canadian mph
Darn I’ll have to check my speedo to see if it displays kilometers.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

That would be kilometers than, not Canadian mph
Darn I’ll have to check my speedo to see if it displays kilometers.

Itd be dissapointing if you were hitting 50KPH and not MPH.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

Itd be dissapointing if you were hitting 50KPH and not MPH.

I'd say
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 4:39pm
Probably not a fair run anyway. Marty and I were in the back paddling with our hands. I am sure that we helped that 85 pick up some...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Probably not a fair run anyway. Marty and I were in the back paddling with our hands. I am sure that we helped that 85 pick up some...

You weren't supposed to tell them about the paddling
What I needed to do was toss you dead weights out and pick up a couple of those Ohio corn feed girls to get the bow a little more in the air. Then I could have picked up that .2 I needed.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 5:35pm

Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

You weren't supposed to tell them about the paddling
What I needed to do was toss you dead weights out and pick up a couple of those Ohio corn feed girls to get the bow a little more in the air. Then I could have picked up that .2 I needed.
Is that the same corn fed Ohio girls that asked me who is that creepy guy following us taking our picture? Do you know him? hahaha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 6:02pm

What I needed to do was toss you dead weights out and pick up a couple of those Ohio corn feed girls to get the bow a little more in the air.

Paul,
Are they as bad as the raised on butter fat from Wisconsin?   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 6:23pm

Is that the same corn fed Ohio girls that asked me who is that creepy guy following us taking our picture? Do you know him? hahaha[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more along the line of the one's that were attending the Deerasic event down the road.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2012 at 6:24pm

Is that the same corn fed Ohio girls that asked me who is that creepy guy following us taking our picture? Do you know him? hahaha[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more along the line of the one's that were attending the Deerassic event down the road.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2012 at 1:28am
Thanks to everyone who came out. We all had a great time! We were having so much fun, and the weather was so nice Monday, we decided to stay another night. It was great to see old friends and to meet some new fans as well. I will try to get the pics from Paula and Ashley and get some posted.

Marty- that video was awesome! Thanks for bringing out the Skylark,I think almost everyone got a chance to drive it, cool boat!

watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2012 at 4:40pm
Guys,

We have a few slots left for our lane bowers clinic on the 17/18. If your interested please drop me an email tim.cochrane@gmail.com

$111 for one session and $185 for two sessions. Must be a usa waterski member to attend.

https://sites.google.com/a/waterskichippewa.com/clwa/clinics/lane-clinic

Tim
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2012 at 8:12pm
Randy, Paula and family , Waylon and I would like to thank you for letting us sponge for the time we were there everything was perfect !! the food was outstanding. I wish we could have stayed longer, next time will plan better ? thanks again for all your hard work.

and thanks Gun-driver, Critter for the tips, and Marty for the banner and other items! I will take good care of it ! I hope the bimini works out.
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2012 at 1:13am
Kirk- it was a pleasure meeting you and Waylon, too bad you couldn't stay longer... hope to see you again sometime soon
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2012 at 12:24pm

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2012 at 3:39pm
Marty showing off his skills on the pole.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic