NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wake skiing

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 4:42pm
If you check these out ask him if they're the new 3 stage rocker or the older continuous. Not a huge diff, the new ones are my preference though.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Maximal691 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 5:37pm
Do HO's only come in one size? Stereo has 144 and 154, I only have seen HO skis in 144.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 5:39pm
They do have two different sizes/shapes/riding style

the first HO's that came out were longer, narrower, and had a continuous rocker.

The later ones, (not sure when they came out, my friend bought a pair last year) are shorter, wider, 3 stage rocker. I prefer his over mine, not sure why..they just seem more user friendly. Sorry, don't know the length of each off hand.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 5:46pm
It looks like HO only offers one size in any given year. I somehow have an 2008 and a 2012 HO catalog.

In 08, they were longer, with the continuous rocker. In 2012, they were shorter with the 3 stage. Not sure when they switched though.

This is the 2012 model:
http://hosports.com/wakeskis/140_rad_w/rekless

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 5:48pm
Stereo goes off of weight for their lengths. Its weird that HO doesnt.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Maximal691 Maximal691 wrote:

Stereo goes off of weight for their lengths. Its weird that HO doesnt.

I'm guessing that they just don't sell enough of them yet, to offer different sizes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 3:44pm
I just picked up a pair of 2011 stereos. Now I need to find some bindings. Stereo bindings are pretty pricey. I might try picking up a set of ho bindings. Mdvalant, do yours have different mounting positions like an alpine ski? Like can you do a more forward mount if you plan on a lot of switch skiing?
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 5:36pm
I may be wrong, but I think my skis came with a couple holes to add the HO bindings to them. We didn't buy the bindings, we just used some wiley jump bindings we had laying around so we had to drill new holes and put those on. On the HO's you can drill and add new where ever you wish, but they did not really offer you to go anywhere but right in the middle of the ski. I wouldn't recommend going off center, they ride high in the water on boat side regardless of where the weight/boot is.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 1:45pm
The newer Wiley plates have holes in all the proper locations to fit most insert patterns. You can swap this plate on any binding really.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 3:53pm
Noted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic