Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intake question?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rtsuggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtsuggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intake question?
    Posted: March-14-2012 at 2:27pm
I need a intake for a 351. Does anyone use aluminum ? If so which one? Where can I find a good cast iron?

Thanks
78 nautique
78 ski nautique SOLD
85 ski nautique
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 2:29pm
I just put on an edelbrock 7181 I know some guys that use the weiand stealth. You can have my old iron one just pay for shipping. Its in fine shape I just wanted to add the high rise.
rtsuggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtsuggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 2:41pm
Sounds good to me. Email me your PayPal info and I'll give you my address so you can check shipping and I'll send it to you as soon as you let me know.
rtsuggs@comcast.net
Thanks Rob
78 nautique
78 ski nautique SOLD
85 ski nautique
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 2:44pm
Bam thats E-commerce! Im sending you an email.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

I just put on an edelbrock 7181 I know some guys that use the weiand stealth.

Gotta agree with your choice, I too, am running an Edelbrock..Some praise the Weind, I choose not too. But there again I love and use OJ props... What ever floats your boat
Boat dr
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 4:09pm
If your engine is otherwise stock, then you would probably want the regular Edelbrock Performer if you choose to go aluminum. Shipping a cast iron intake may prove to be cost prohibitive. The Stealth and Performer RPM are both slightly taller (and more aggressive). Ive used both Weiand and Edelbrock... no complaints about either. Just make sure you buy an extra gasket and get the spacer plate if running a Holley on an Edelbrock manifold. No need for those on the Weiand (since that is one of Holley's brands).
rtsuggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtsuggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 12:14pm
Got it jllogan. It looks good , I cleaned it and put a good coat of paint on it and mounted it on the motor. Couldn't have worked out better. Let me know if I can help you sometime.

Thanks
78 nautique
78 ski nautique SOLD
85 ski nautique
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 1:06pm
glad it worked and could be repurposed! It was sad just sitting in my garage, and wanted to be used.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic