NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Convice me, SNOB vs. Brendella

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convice me, SNOB vs. Brendella
    Posted: October-25-2012 at 1:46pm
Spam by spamming ...
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2012 at 10:50am
Paralysis by analysis . . .
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
lindsay123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindsay123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2012 at 10:02am
I will go with Brendella.
johnnyjosh123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyjosh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 6:44am
I have no idea about Brendella because i have no experience of it, i have heard about SNOB and it is OK for use. so i have only one option to guide you, go for SNOB.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 2:16am
Originally posted by MIskier MIskier wrote:

That era Bredella will be an excellent ski boat, but will have a mediocre wake board wake. Quality wont be up to that of the CC, but they certainly are not cheapo boats like a moomba.

I know Moombas are less expensive than most, but do they have quality issues? Other issues?
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Polar Express View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polar Express Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 6:50pm
Well, I'll share with you, that last year, I purchased my first boat. I chose a Sport Nautique, and I'm very happy with the hull. For just cruising about, it has the EFI (the old, PCM config) but at ski speeds, the wake is pretty small, (sure the Ski hulls give you a smaller wake, but it's still pretty small) and at Wakeboard speeds, the wake is respectable considering it doesnt have ballast sacks or tanks. I may decide to get some bags in the future, but im happy. Besides the shape of the front of the hull that the Sport has allows for a bit better ride if the chop kicks up.

Just my two cents from a new boat owner that went through EXACTLY what you are going through now, one year ago. I'm VERY happy I went CC.

PE
1996 Sport Nautique

This is America, if you don't like it, go conquer another country, and start your own.

I'll keep my God, my guns and my freedom, Barry can keep his 'change'
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2012 at 10:27am
I vote Nautique but if thats not enough see if there is a ski brendella forum and ask those guys there is a reason that everybody compares there inboard to a corect craft buy the Nautique in 10 years you will thank us
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2012 at 12:31am
I've put water up and over the windshield in a SN just by stopping and turning back through my own wake. It's all in how you drive em.
This is the life
cbr1000dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2012 at 12:27am
The Ski Brendella is very similar to the 2001 Ski Centurion we owned. Very pretty boat, but just awful on the water unless it was flat. It took water over the front so easily it was dangerous. Approaching an oncoming wake with passengers in the front the first time, I slowed way down, and gave it a little gas at the last moment. 6 inches of water came over the front, and drenched everyone. The only way to clear even a moderate wake and stay dry was to almost stop, and turn sideways, which gave a very spooky rolling sensation. Very poor design for the real world. My SN is so superior, it's hard to believe they are the same size boat. Every time we cross a big wake, my wife and I just look at each other and smile in amazement at the difference. Don't buy a boat you haven't water tested like I did, it's an expensive mistake.

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 6:05pm
The early EFI boats were plagued with so many problems they actually discontinued and stopped advertising EFI for a while. Brendella is a West Coast boat and perhaps a plugged Ski Centurion. California boats appear flashier but generally not as well made.

I'd be willing to bet the ride will be better with the CC, The fit and finish would be better with the CC, the resale will be better with the CC. The flashy factor and more cup holders might go to Brendella.

I might sound biased but I've either owned or been around them all and Nautique always comes out on top for me.
cojab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cojab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 3:57pm
I hadnt seen that Ultra. Thank you. I went to see the other boat and what a dissapointment. I didnt even stay long enough to get pics. the pictures they showed of the boat were obviously much older as the interior on this one was terrible. Carpet and upholstery was wet and had mold. Scratches all over the gel coat. The hull had places where the there was no gel coat left on it and was down to bare fiberglass. I assume from beaching the boat. Rubber bumper around the boat was gouged everywhere. The new found trailer was horrible and was about two feet short of reaching the transom. The bunks were 2x6 and were on edge as opposed to the hull resting on them. To top everything off the owner did not even bother to get it de-winterized so we could run it. After that it is definitly off my list of boats Im looking at.
On a somewhat good note I went and looked at the Brendella since it was just another 1 hour away. Much better shape, ran great and I know I can get the guy down considerably. (7000 to 7500) The wood stringers just has me leary on that one though.
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 1:57pm
Cojab, did you see this that just popped up on the CL thread:
1989 Sport
cojab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cojab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 1:28am
I leave in the morning to go look at the boat. Hoping the lake is clear so we can get it in the water. If not my plan is that if I like it I will put a deposit on it and have the owner bring it down off the mountain and we can test it on a lake down here.
I'll post some pics when I get home.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 12:14pm
How the weight of the boat balances on the trailer could come into play as well.

If the trailer is for a Ski Nautique (for example), and you put a Sport on there, the engine weight is going to be shifted rearward in relation to the axle. This could make the tongue dangerously light.

+1 on Pics of the boat on the trailer.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 8:14am
mainly just apply some common sense, look for the bow to be against some kind of bowstop, look for the transom to be very close to flush or to stick out from the end of the bunks-if its too short that might not be good depending on how short I suppose. look for the bunks to be in full contact/supporting the hull. Look for good tires. watch for rusted parts/ brakes/ master cylinder. Take a hyd jack and jack it up and spin the wheel and listen- if it grinds...you probably won't get too far. If the boat is really nice and the trailer sucks it looks like you could always get a better trailer and sell off the other and possibly break even on it.

If you have pics you should have posted them then they can really give you some opinions.
This is the life
cojab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cojab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 1:25am
Thanks for the lookout on the trailers guys. I appreciate it. The trip to go look at it is now delayed until Tuesday. They sent me a pic of the trailer. It doesnt look terrible but thats just from some pics. Besides asking questions about where the trailer came from, etc. what should I look for as far as how it fits. Mechanically I can check it out pretty thouroughly but i just dont know what the proper fit for this would be. I am assuming the transom should be close to the end of the bunks. Where should the bunks lie on the hull and how far forward should they run.
Thanks again everyone.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 12:33pm
There is a mid 90's sport trailer for sale in OH for 500 bucks. Check the craigslist thread.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 12:28pm
USHIP rocks!!!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 12:27pm
Get it home, if the trailer is totally crap - I bet someone would help get one of the trailers above out to CO. Or use UShip, as a matter of fact, I know a guy that is hauling stuff this way from the West Coast this week, he might be able to haul a trailer back on his return trip. Found him via Uship.com, lots of those opportunities out there.
cojab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cojab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Not to blow up Cojab's spot, but I snooped out what I think is likely the Sport Nautique in question. If I'm right, it's pretty sweet looking by the pics. With a half decent trailer, I'd think it would be a ten thousand dollar boat all day in the Northeast.

You should also see the pics of the interior I had them email me. Very clean! I'll let evryone know how this turns out. I am leary about the trailer though. We'll see.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 12:32am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

It makes no sense that MB would warrant a boat they did not make, but hey, if they want to, that's fantastic.

BKH

Maybe it was Calabria. That would make sense since a guy he skis with is a Calabria rep.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 12:11am
Not to blow up Cojab's spot, but I snooped out what I think is likely the Sport Nautique in question. If I'm right, it's pretty sweet looking by the pics. With a half decent trailer, I'd think it would be a ten thousand dollar boat all day in the Northeast.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

SNOB's are larger, longer and heavier boats than most of the SN's

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

FYI "SNOB" is commonly referred to for a SKI Nautique Open Bow. Sport is only one extra letter anyways...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 8:23pm
Well Cojab, don't get too excited about that trailer she's suddenly come up with until you see it. God only knows what it might be. With that said, if you do buy it and are prepared to tow it home, make sure it's the right trailer for the boat, AND that the trailer is ready for the road, etc....all the usual stuff....SNOB's are larger, longer and heavier boats than most of the SN's that reside on single axle trailers, so if she's come up with a single axle trailer, it's more important it's set up properly for the larger SNOB. Offer her 8k, that ought to shake her loose! :-)
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Tiger76 Tiger76 wrote:

I payed 10k for my 93 sport a few weeks ago with trailer and think I got a good deal. Hope everything goes your way.

Let's see some pics...
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Tiger76 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 8:21pm
I payed 10k for my 93 sport a few weeks ago with trailer and think I got a good deal. Hope everything goes your way.
cojab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cojab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 6:22pm
Well I'm going to go lake test the Sport this Friday. The lady came up with a single axle trailer for it so Im going to check it out. Going to see if I can get it for a bit less than the 10k shes asking for it. She told me she is "just dying to buy this other boat" so I was very happy to hear that!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:58pm
Tim, just posted this Inboard Trailer that is located in OH for $500. It is already set up for a Sport.

Watch the "Craigslist" thread for both boats and trailers.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 11:45am
Here is an Inboard Trailer,

Should be pretty cheap to get relocated for you.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 10:42am
Originally posted by cojab cojab wrote:

And I will look at the one for sale by the other member. I am assuming it's in the classifieds.

Yep, goto the for-sale section and type in Sport in the keyword box and you'll get a few hits.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic