Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Tique Interior

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautique78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Tique Interior
    Posted: March-27-2012 at 1:49pm
Has anyone had luck finding vinyl that is close to original for Correct Crafts from the mid to late 70s? I have had Christines Uplostery from Flordia send me samples of what they have available and its really not even close to original in my opinion. Im hoping to find a source for vinyl with the marbled texture look like Correct Crafts used in the 70s my interior color is red.

Thanks

Nautique78
nautique78

56Hot Rod Special
70Mustang
70Skier
76Tique
78Nautique
79Nautique
92Nautique
98Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 1:57pm
This has come up a few times recently, like in this thread. Long story short, I looked all over for the 70's style marbled vinyl, and found a pretty decent substitute called Dolphin Naugahyde. The DOL-71 Blue is a great match for the medium blue used in the 70's, and we will be using it on our '79 Barefoot Nautique. The DOL-80 Burgundy is a great match for the Bulls Blood (red) '80 Ski Nautique that we're redoing, and we're having Christines sew the diamond patterns into the vinyl for us.

They normally dont stock the Dolphin Naugahyde, but they can get it. A quicker way to get a sample is to go here. Christines told me that theyre not really keen on sewing the pleating or diamond patterns in right now (theyre swamped with work), so unless you want a plain interior, you may have to beg them to do it, or look elsewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic