NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 79>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 12:42am
This could be more insidious than I thought. If Obama can get a voting block to believe that government built private business, he then can make a claim to those businesses. Why try to raise taxes on the rich if he can go Hugo Chavez on their businesses and nationalize them? We already have a large portion of the electorate willing to steal from a minority group of the electorate for their own gain through progressive taxes. With this already compromised moral state it is only a small step to start taking businesses. It all starts with baby steps, winning the hearts and minds.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 10:59pm
I dont know percentages, facts(or myths) ,numbers or any other kind of political mumbo jumbo. Whay i cant understand is how I get a phone call from a customer whos rental property has no ac. Nice appartment $1000.00 a month for me to rent it. Woman living there with three HORRIBLE children. IPHONE, COMPUTER, tons of cloths laying everywhere a boyfriend who "STAYS" with her.new car ect ect ect.... now in the last six months ive been there 4 times Dirty (FILTHY) filters because there too damn lazy to change them. the property manager says what seems to be the problem i tell him (In an aggravated way) and he proceeds to tell me she said she does not have time. BY THE WAY!!!!!! she does not work nor the boyfriend. she pays $189.00 a month for rent to the realtor and the rest comes out of a government fund. PERIOD END OF STORY!!!!!!!! THE GOVERNMENT IS "F"ed. someone explain this to me???????
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 12:32am
Sweet, "just drink the cool aid"
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 12:38am
Sweet,
When can Cathie and I rent this place for $189 a month. I would like to
have a winter home in Fl for only $189 a month. I would even change the filters if you send her packing and let us move in...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 1:12am
Sweet, you actually got to meet the person that the rich are not paying their fair share to. I hope you took the opportunity to apologize to her behalf of all of us who work and pay taxes, but just not enough.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 8:40am
Interesting thread and something that you only get on Correct Craft fan

Obviously I don't know the actual speech but many of the arguments from you guys are the same as we are going through in the UK, luckily our coalition government has the sense to make cuts in spending and make them hard enough that we feel the pinch but not so hard that it brings us to our knees. Cuts in government spending along with breaks for business and schemes to get people working and starting small businesses is the key to recovery, the more people you have working the more money you are generating and not spending.
A cap on the amount of money any family can claim in government support in line with the average wage encourages people to work rather than just claim money from the state.

The previous government believed in people working for the state and increasing the number of civil servants, if you work for the government you are in my view not generating income for the country, I'm not suggesting that everyone is a drain as obviously we have firefighters/police/medical staff/rubbish collectors etc that have very valuable jobs but even within these there are savings that can and should be made and efficiency drives that should be pushed forward popular or not.

The idea of spending more to get yourself out of recession is pretty ludicrous in my opinion, how is getting yourself in more debt going to get you out of debt?
Taxing people more is also a pretty dumb solution, this just prevents people from spending money, stops people with businesses from investing and stops them recruiting other people.

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 10:32am
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

I dont know percentages, facts(or myths) ,numbers or any other kind of political mumbo jumbo. Whay i cant understand is how I get a phone call from a customer whos rental property has no ac. Nice appartment $1000.00 a month for me to rent it. Woman living there with three HORRIBLE children. IPHONE, COMPUTER, tons of cloths laying everywhere a boyfriend who "STAYS" with her.new car ect ect ect.... now in the last six months ive been there 4 times Dirty (FILTHY) filters because there too damn lazy to change them. the property manager says what seems to be the problem i tell him (In an aggravated way) and he proceeds to tell me she said she does not have time. BY THE WAY!!!!!! she does not work nor the boyfriend. she pays $189.00 a month for rent to the realtor and the rest comes out of a government fund. PERIOD END OF STORY!!!!!!!! THE GOVERNMENT IS "F"ed. someone explain this to me???????

Cool story, Bro. Don't know facts or numbers or mumbo jumbo you say? Sounds like you have the above situation figured out. Are you the maintenance guy, or do you have a part in the facts department or the kick the defenseless department.

So can I tell you about the families I know where both Mom and Dad whom are college educated, work, pay for and care for a home, raise and pay for a child or children, and still struggle to pay for groceries? Don't bitch about that too? Think Romney types have the money issues like my given situation and urs?

Those are hardworking people too, and deserve a credit for what they have done in making America. Teachers, pilots, construction crews, Dr.s, ac repair man, military,..... We had a hand in the success of America. We, as in America.    People are not born capable of tking care, raising themselves.
This is what I thought Obama said.

Most people, me included, think getting folks off welfare is a good idea. Cutting those folks off, without a plan is crazy, and won't work as intended.

So how do we get there?

If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 10:37am

#offthecliff

Now that would be a good conversation on here. Anyone ?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

So how do we get there?

Great question, what is your answer?
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 10:48am
Originally posted by MattB MattB wrote:

Obviously I don't know the actual speech but many of the arguments from you guys are the same as we are going through in the UK, luckily our coalition government has the sense to make cuts in spending and make them hard enough that we feel the pinch but not so hard that it brings us to our knees. Cuts in government spending along with breaks for business and schemes to get people working and starting small businesses is the key to recovery, the more people you have working the more money you are generating and not spending.
A cap on the amount of money any family can claim in government support in line with the average wage encourages people to work rather than just claim money from the state.

The previous government believed in people working for the state and increasing the number of civil servants, if you work for the government you are in my view not generating income for the country, I'm not suggesting that everyone is a drain as obviously we have firefighters/police/medical staff/rubbish collectors etc that have very valuable jobs but even within these there are savings that can and should be made and efficiency drives that should be pushed forward popular or not.

The idea of spending more to get yourself out of recession is pretty ludicrous in my opinion, how is getting yourself in more debt going to get you out of debt?
Taxing people more is also a pretty dumb solution, this just prevents people from spending money, stops people with businesses from investing and stops them recruiting other people.

Nice post Matt. It seems we are determined too not learn the lessons that our neighbors have learned the hard way. We could save a lot of pain by starting the inevitable austerity measures sooner than later.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by MattB MattB wrote:

The sad thing is that it is not only on CCfan you get this stuff.. it is also on wakeworld forums, engine building forums , bbq forums, and every other place where unmoderated posts are allowed on the damn interwebs. I would say it is a positive example of democratic conversation except they are all the same posts with all the same talking points that are all out of context snippets picked and tested by a bunch of overpaid kids working for “conservative think tanks” that are neither conservative nor think.

They used to actually pay people to go around and make the posts and write the comments… they don’t even have to do that now… put it on 6 or seven friendly blogs, put it on a talking point list that you send out to a few radio shows, and 8 or 9 hours later you will hear it parroted back to you by all the loyal wing nuts and then reported on by mainstream media or at least on fox. Those guys got 24 hours to fill with only 30 mins of news to fill it with so they will be happy to talk about how people are talking about, or offended by, or is this finally the one that sticks and brings down such and such candidate…
Do a search sometime and be amazed how the exact same stuff comes up in a bunch of different places… it aint a case of great minds thinking alike as much as a case of mind control.

One should be asking themselves who has to gain from us wasting time and energy getting upset about such trivial nonsense as bad phrasing in one line of a speech, voter fraud that doesn’t actually happen, or “welfare money being spend on tattoos”, or whatever is thrown at the wall today.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 11:58am

So can I tell you about the families I know where both Mom and Dad whom are college educated, work, pay for and care for a home, raise and pay for a child or children, and still struggle to pay for groceries? Don't bitch about that too?

Those are hardworking people too, and deserve a credit for what they have done in making America. Teachers, pilots, construction crews, Dr.s, ac repair man, military,..... We had a hand in the success of America. We, as in America.    People are not born capable of tking care, raising themselves.

Most people, me included, think getting folks off welfare is a good idea. Cutting those folks off, without a plan is crazy, and won't work as intended.

So how do we get there?

Seth, your post does not make sense.... Comparing apples to oranges...
Sweet has noted that there are those that do not try to take care of themselves and take advantage of govt assistance to survive for life.
You note that you know successful hard working folks that have been a victim of the bad economy.
I think that we all know friends and family that fit into one or the other catagory. But we have to accept the difference between the 2 groups.

Sweets example has no intention of contributing to America and have chosen a lifestyle that meets their needs and expectations.

Your examples are continuing to look for ways to contribute and pull themselves back into the lifestyle they choose to live. Not to accept their current situation as permanent.

You ask how do we help both...
Limited support will help both groups.
Your example needs the limited support to carry them until they get back on their feet.
Sweets example needs the limited support to wake them up that they should, and have to, contribute in ways other than having more generations of entitlement living.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 12:10pm
let me preface this statement by saying I do NOT watch any TV at all...no CNN, no FOX news, nothing. i listen to NPR radio mostly, read local and CNN news online sometimes. I am neither conservative, nor liberal. I favor small government, abortion rights, gay marriage, gun rights...I'm not religious at all...I love the outdoors and I love CC boats!!

I find Obama's statement very disturbing. I am very concerned that he (or others like him) is coming after money that I have worked hard for and saved. I believe he will come after it in the form of higher taxes only to give it away in the form of social programs to people who have less than me. I believe he will come after my 401K, salary, and SS (most likely already gone). I believe this because of what he says (like the topic of this post) and what he does (like obama care and all the "stimulus" spending). I think obama care should be repealed and many social programs should be cut to eliminate the incentives to stay on them. I believe in helping people that need help...but only enough to encourage them to help themselves.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

In parting, Manson-Bundy-Dohmer-etc all used roads as well.

Wow, this is about as extreme an argument point as one can use. They both breathed air too... Seriously?!?

Let's get real. Government isn't all good, and it isn't all bad. I am writing this from a former Soviet bloc nation. And I can tellyou I am more thankful than ever for the USA. Nonetheless, we also need to recognize all the good the govt. can do, and how we can effect/hinder such things to occur. My €2...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 12:50am
Obama now says the uproar over his statement is "bogus" and out of context. I am back to my original claim of arrogance. We know what he said, we told him how we feel, and he says I think what you feel is bogus. Nice!
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 1:33am
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

let me preface this statement by saying I do NOT watch any TV at all...no CNN, no FOX news, nothing. i listen to NPR radio mostly, read local and CNN news online sometimes. I am neither conservative, nor liberal. I favor small government, abortion rights, gay marriage, gun rights...I'm not religious at all...I love the outdoors and I love CC boats!!

I find Obama's statement very disturbing. I am very concerned that he (or others like him) is coming after money that I have worked hard for and saved. I believe he will come after it in the form of higher taxes only to give it away in the form of social programs to people who have less than me. I believe he will come after my 401K, salary, and SS (most likely already gone). I believe this because of what he says (like the topic of this post) and what he does (like obama care and all the "stimulus" spending). I think obama care should be repealed and many social programs should be cut to eliminate the incentives to stay on them. I believe in helping people that need help...but only enough to encourage them to help themselves.

Your Obama care argument fell flat you it;s face.   How exactly is the Affordable Care act costing your money for the ones who, like "welfare" and want free care.

Are you one without health insurance? If no, what are you so worried about?   Some false baloney, right wing nut ball etc.....?   Telling you Obama care is some socialist plot to make your taxes go to the lazy.

Chances are you think each part of AFA is needed and makes sense.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 1:51am
What about Romney's taxes?

I think that is what is really on our minds.

Is he a billionaire, or did he pay no taxes some years?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 2:43am
What about Obamas college transcripts, or the fast and furious memos that holder will not release in contempt of congress? Why cant Obama run on his record instead of personal attacks on Romney?

Seriously the Dems are fishing with Romneys taxes. Knowing that they are already calling him a fellon over an issue found to be bogus ten years ago, why give them anything else to make up lies about?

I think he should pull a Polosi and say you have to elect me before you can find out about me .
1987 Ski Nautique

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Hansel Hansel wrote:

Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

In parting, Manson-Bundy-Dohmer-etc all used roads as well.

Wow, this is about as extreme an argument point as one can use. They both breathed air too... Seriously?!?

My example is no more extreme than what BO said.

It's simple really; it's ignorance(and for those of you who are gov't educated, ignorant doesn't mean stupid). It would be akin to me spouting off about life in the Ukraine when I haven't been there or even anywhere close.

From an older thread: "don't feed the animals or they'll learn to be dependant on you instead of fending for themselves".

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 11:54pm
So if you are educated by government schools, use government roads, and the internet than the government gets credit for what you accomplish. How does this apply to James Holmes from Colorado? I guess we better give Obama credit where he feels it is do.
1987 Ski Nautique

wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 12:47am
And he got a $26,000 grant from the government.

Government grant

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 1:36am
The local gun club black liste him but the government set him up with gun money. Fast and Furious II?
1987 Ski Nautique

MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 3:49pm

Your Obama care argument fell flat you it;s face.   How exactly is the Affordable Care act costing your money for the ones who, like "welfare" and want free care.

Are you one without health insurance? If no, what are you so worried about?   Some false baloney, right wing nut ball etc.....?   Telling you Obama care is some socialist plot to make your taxes go to the lazy.

40% tax on my "cadilac" plan...so 3rd generation wellfare families and illegals can have more babies for free...

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

40% tax on my "cadilac" plan...so 3rd generation wellfare families and illegals can have more babies for free...

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"

Of course, that is part of the grand scheme. Make sure their pipeline of voters is full so that the takers out-number the givers to keep the Liberals in power to keep this craziness going in perpetuity.

Not a bad plan. Looks like its working. I fear it spells the end of the U.S. as we know it, but, a pretty sharp political strategy.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 4:49pm
That is not realistic assessment of what is going to happen to your "cadillac plan" - even if it was a tax on you and not on the insurance company or health plan administrator - a 40 % tax on the portion of your familys health benefits above $27500 starting in 2018 isnt exactly going to lead to the end of the american dream

Those who want to know what that provision is really about should do some actual research, and not listen to guys on the internet.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 7:02pm
are you familiar with the anecdote about the frog and the pot of boiling water??

why not just give ALL your money to the government and let them decide how best to spend it??
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 7:21pm

yes I am familiar with the fable, I am also aware that it is not true.

Why not just move somewhere there is no government whatsoever?

What is the conservative plan to fix the fact that we get the worst return on our healthcare investment in the entire world... by a huge margin?

(Thats a trick question - the affordable health care act was the conservative plan... it is just driving them nuts that Obama implemented it)

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 8:15pm
i'm not a conservative, so I can't tell you what the conservative plan is...why do we need a government plan in the first place?? do you think social security and medicare were/are good ideas??

if we do have the worst return, why is that?? that is what i'd like to know...why is it so expensive?? put some engineers on the case and address the root cause...
JasonS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 10:45pm
My dad BUILT the business that I now own and have expanded greatly. I can tell you from watching him spend several sleepless nights in a row, years without taking a vacation, months without a day off, that the government DID NOT BUILD that business. My father worked himself damn near to death without one penny of help from anyone but the local bank that was charging him outrageous interest and made his electrical business work. We have NEVER been involved in a project that involved government money and have done just fine without it. I bought the business from my parents 3 years ago and have worked it just like my dad did. I have taken the business from 14 employees to 31 in less than three years. Once again not one job or one red cent from the government. Last year alone I worked 3478 hours with 4 days off. That is working 7 days a week. I have a wife and three beautiful daughters that I see all the time. I work my schedule around theirs the best I can so I can be involved in their lives. We get up at 5 a.m. two days a week and run out to the river and ski until 7 a.m. and then I go to work.

For some one to tell me or my father that I did not build that business is just as dumb as that low rent dumba** president we have. For all of you that think without the government help that there would be no small businesses you can kiss my @$$.

You want to see government waste look at the agricultural and welfare programs. By the way, I own property and quite a few cattle that have in NO WAY had any government help, low interest loans, or anything to purchase or maintain. A rice farmer will recieve a check from our government every year for $50,000 just because they are farming rice. I know that for a fact because I have several cousins and acquaintances that are row crop farmers. THey also have government insurance for crop loss or disaster that cost them NOTHING. They will but supplemental insurance to cover their equipment.

You need to get out in the REAL world a little before you form such ignorant opinions.

Thanks for Nothing

Jason Skelton
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 12:47am
Jason....You have OBVIOUSLY taken what our Dear Leader has said out of context. What he meant was that HE built the roads and bridges you use to run your business.

When you listen to the whole statement he made two weeks ago, it's even worse than the one sentence that got his a$$ in so much trouble. But, he is spinning like crazy trying to dig out. Its fun to watch him twisting in the wind like this knowing darn well we know what he said and meant, and now telling us we can't believe our lying eyes and ears.

The teleprompter! Don't leave home without it Mr. President!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 79>
  Share Topic