NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 79>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2012 at 1:01pm
all i know is, for my daughter to play the violin in school this year it will cost me 220.00 bucks (to the school distict), the naysayers dispute this with, "hey, tell your kid to get a paper route...it aint suppose to be that way, yes I agree work ethic should be instilled into children, but also opportunity should be available also. obviously, Romney is part of the problem and not the solution, he lives in a country that gives you the opportunity to clip the consumer (someones money) for 20 million, but, that comes with a price.
and here is the difference, I took employment with a company that has democratic values and beliefs, the very first day i was covered 100% on their healthcare plan, not *************** healthcare but excellent HC, needless to say my daughters eye exam and glasses cost me 24 bucks, without this coverage i would estimate this would have been 800.00 out of pocket with out it, that hits my bottom line at home....but, the CEO which he employs close to 500 people took the stage at a recent christening and maybe taboo, but relayed his polictical beliefs to the audiance, very far left, doesnt roll to work in a Mercedes, I listened to every word he said which including paying his and the company's share of taxes, in which it is his and the company's CIVIC duty to pay the taxes and his duty to take care of each and everyone of his employees....it caught me off gaurd and i really changed my thinking about a guy like that. I really dont see any of these qaulities in Romney, Guys like the CEO of the compnay i work for made this a great country, 114 years in business, thats what its about
"the things you own will start to own you"
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2012 at 3:44pm
Sounds like you work for a great guy. Congratulations, they can be hard to find.

Easier to put a hard, honest days work in, knowing what you do about him. Contrast that with working for Romney.

If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2012 at 6:42pm
Seth, its funny cause a couple years back when they were slow there the GM was going to lay 3 guys off in the dead of winter, he called the GM and the 3 guys into his office, he took the pink slips and threw them at the GM and said you aint fcin laying anybody off, they are still employed to this day. And yes, Ive spoke to him once in 6 months, he is a leader in my eyes and it did change my thoughts, I'll give him a hard days work and take care of loose ends (pita's) u know what i mean...slackers
I dont think we will have to worry about Romney
wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2012 at 6:51pm
The VP debates are going to be entertaining.

The children have had their chance, it's time for the adults to take over.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 3:45am

Don't think we have to worry about Romney winning, in a fair election.

Can we move on to the real issues now?

Obama's grades.   
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 4:04am
Originally posted by wingwrench wingwrench wrote:

The VP debates are going to be entertaining.

The children have had their chance, it's time for the adults to take over.

I did not click the link.

Romney with his selection now has a message and a messenger. Romney sure wasn't getting his message out. Ryan is no stranger to speeches, ( he was a speech writer ), nor talking to skeptical audiences.

Obama, the dems, and conservatives got the race they were hoping for.

I'm stocking up on the popcorn.

Not really, since I have had the boat running, around 70 days ago, it's seen water exactly 61 days.   I expect that trend to continue.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 9:09am
Seth, I challenge you to name one thing BO has done that is/was good for this country.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 10:12am
extended health insurance to 26 year olds under the families plan, released 800 million to clean up the Great Lakes, pulled out of Iraq, killed Osama Bin Laden, extended unemployment.....

its hard to name only one thing Greg, i could keep going, you shouldve said "name 10 things"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 11:26am
I was looking for the Dem talking points, but I didn't want to pick on you.

1st go back and watch the link WW posted

I admit I don't know much about the great lakes money, but it does fit with his unprecidented spending; and we know the national debt is approaching 16 trillion.

We're still in Iraq, and the way he took credit for that is like big al inventing the internet.

I'll let the unemployment issue alone; if you like it...

1988 BFN-sold

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

its hard to name only one thing Greg, i could keep going, you shouldve said "name 10 things"

Eric, Can you name 10 things that he said he would do but did'nt ?
Bet it would be easier..   
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Seth, I challenge you to name one thing BO has done that is/was good for this country.

Only a person who is very uninformed and has refused to objectively assess politics as a whole would ask this question about any sitting president. If you are unable to think of anything you need to become involved and read, not just blindly throw accusations. I don't need to waste my time trying to educate you on bills, health care, Social Security, Unemployment, taxes, foreign aid, education, ending unjustified wars and the like. Seek knowledge and you will find your answers. If your political knowledge is gained by posting to a boat site's political thread and accepting answers as fact, I can see why you can't think of 10 things, or probably any.
If you come to this site seeking information about the proper cutlass bearing for your 57 Atom Skier, you have come to the right place.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 7:25pm
I didn't see you jump on my last post...'nough said.
1988 BFN-sold

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 8:15pm

Easy...... Just one?   osama bin laden.    That is sure to rile you up a bit, I am sure as the right seem to think killing the terrorist was Bushs credit.

Ensuring those with pre-existing conditions get healthcare coverage and routine preventative care is covered.

simple really.. There are quite a few I could name, but I need you to remember Obama is not my darling of the left, as I have said many times here.    He simply is better than the competition even if I think he does not go far enough to the left.

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 9:22pm

"Easy...... Just one?   osama bin laden."    
Killing Bin Laden did nothing to improve this country. It just ended the life of a human not well liked in America. And I beleive that it was the Navy Seals that completed this mission. Obama just gave an OK.

"Ensuring those with pre-existing conditions get healthcare coverage"
Medicaid has been doing this for many years. No hospital can turn a patient away unless stable. This includes illegals. Hospitals are used for check-ups as well. The only thing The Affordable Health Care Act was supposed to do was control the cost. Which has increased at a faster pace than before its passage.

"and routine preventative care is covered."
There have been free clinics in cities all over the USA for many years. Anyone can walk in and get a check-up at no cost. As I mentioned above, Hospitals are now being used for wellness care.

There has been no "improvement" from the items that you have listed. I know some that have but like you guys thinking about and trying to list them.   
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 9:54pm
Do not get me wrong...
I believe that Obama will be re-elected.

I believe that there are enough people on entitlements, plus hispanics (vote democratic), plus blacks (vote democratic) to keep a Democrat in office for many years to come. At least until they have to change entitlement spending or the country goes banckrupt. We should be able to hold out for my lifetime, about 20 more years.

It has been said for many years that when the "Have Nots" can vote themselves a raise from the "Haves" that we are domed as a society. You just have to wait it out. I believe that we are at that point.
Just an opinion.....

So it really does not matter to me what Obama has done, good or bad... it will continue....
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Killing Bin Laden did nothing to improve this country. It just ended the life of a human not well liked in America. And I beleive that it was the Navy Seals that completed this mission. Obama just gave an OK.

Medicaid has been doing this for many years. No hospital can turn a patient away unless stable. This includes illegals. Hospitals are used for check-ups as well. The only thing The Affordable Health Care Act was supposed to do was control the cost. Which has increased at a faster pace than before its passage.

There have been free clinics in cities all over the USA for many years. Anyone can walk in and get a check-up at no cost. As I mentioned above, Hospitals are now being used for wellness care.

There has been no "improvement" from the items that you have listed. I know some that have but like you guys thinking about and trying to list them.   

Wow, you really opened my eyes! Free health care, that's what I need. Can you tell me one place I can go to get it? Just one place in any state. If I had known that I would have an extra $2,600 in my pocket each month instead of sending it off to BCBS.
Please tell me where, just one place, where I can get free medical care.

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 10:31pm
I will let you pick the county in NC that you would like.
NC Free Clinics

You live in Villa Park IL and here are the free clinics there..
Villa Park free clinics

Lots of information out there on the web.

You can walk in any hospital and say you do not have Insurance and they have to treat you. Supreme Court ruled on this a long time ago.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 10:43pm
Obama really helped me when he signed the bill that allows any Vet to sign up for VA services. You get a VA card and you can visit any VA to get services.
You pay based on your financial situation that is evaluated at the time of service. I have a listing of all VA hospitals that I take with me when we travel.
This was one of the good things Obama did. IMO

You see, I am one of the "Have Nots" I mentioned above.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 11:58pm

I will let you pick the county in NC that you would like.
NC Free Clinics

You live in Villa Park IL and here are the free clinics there..
Villa Park free clinics

Lots of information out there on the web.
O
You can walk in any hospital and say you do not have Insurance and they have to treat you. Supreme Court ruled on this a long time ago.

You are truly a fool.
I called all that had 24 hour phones. The first two laughed when I asked if they provided free health care. They do however take major credit cards to pay for their services.

Ronald McDonald's house is clearly not an option for me, I don't think the Hamburgler has a medical license.

Paralyzed Veterans was not a good option since I am neither.

Grace Lutheran Church couldn't help me, I am an ordained Minister myself anyway.

Access Addison is not free. They will however take cash or credit card.

Alma family Health requires cash or a major credit card.

PCCillin North Avenue requires cash    or a major credit card.

Pads is a homeless shelter and only provides space on a gym or church floor on a night by night basis to homeless people and families during the winter months. My friend volunteers there.

Melrose Park Medical takes cash or credit card.

Serenity House, in Addison, where I was a Police Officer, is mostly government funded for released inmates with alcohol and drug problems. I know them well. They take cash or credit card as well.

Like I said, show me just one.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:16am

Listen you stupid S$it.... I lived in Villa Park for 5 years and I know that free health care is offered there. I lived at the corner of Cornell and E Division.
Get off your lazy Liberal A$$ and look for yourself.
If you cannot find free Healthcare, come down to NC and I will take you into a clinic personally.
They exist and your denying them does not change that.
And you call me a fool again and I can come up there and show you a free clinic if you would like... I know the way and know your address you jerk....

Ok fool!

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:18am
John, I will not stoop to your level..
I will see you at a reunion and we will talk about you calling me
a fool and an idiot as you did earlier.....
We will meet.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:18am

Listen you stupid S$it.... I lived in Villa Park for 5 years and I know that free health care is offered there. I lived at the corner of Cornell and E Division.
Get off your lazy Liberal A$$ and look for yourself.
If you cannot find free Healthcare, come down to NC and I will take you into a clinic personally.
They exist and your denying them does not change that.
And you call me a fool again and I can come up there and show you a free clinic if you would like... I know the way and know your address you jerk....

The problem is, fool, you are wrong.
Your threats communicated over a public internet forum speed volumes about your reasoning. If you are interested in showing me a clinic that provides free services, please do. If in fact you are wrong and can't, be a man and admit it. Is this how you settle a discussion over health care? I now know where you are coming from, and know the mindset of some that stoke the fire of hatred. You are a truly hateful person.                     

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:20am
Come show your 70 off.. I would love to see it
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:27am

That is such a lame argument.

1. Are you then saying Obama had no real part?    Sure, I like Northern Lights sativa/indica mix too, but it does cloud the judgement a bit I guess.   It's pure couchlock for me usually. I'd leave the sativas for political conversations.

2.. Are you advocating those that pay for insurance should be allowed to be told, tough you had that before your current insurance, so we are not covering you, but we'll cover you for anything else?
That is lame.    Imagine if auto insurance said you had an accident in the past so we will not cover you for any in the future, but we'll cover you for anything other than an at fault accident?

3. Let me get this straight.   I have insurance, and you are saying I should seek out free care for the things insurance decides to not cover, to prevent a major illness, or at least catch it before I am REALLY REALLY sick, given the premium cost. Premium cost is $500 a month, think the insurance should cover a simple test or medication?
Nice argument, but that is a fail.

Want some more things I think Obama got right so you can make horrible horrible comparisons, and highlight your. Whatever.

I cannot believe you chose to pull apart my arguments in the way you did, and .....   Do you grow your own? Lights or outdoor?
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:28am
This is getting Ugly
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:35am
Solutions my friend.

There seems to be some misunderstanding of the ACA, or "Obama Care".

You do understand it is not free care right.   There is a tax, or penalty. But in this case it is a freeloader tax, and conservatives came up with the idea of an individual mandate.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:35am

Come show your 70 off.. I would love to see it

Maybe you will see it someday. Life is about far more than politics and hatred. I can enjoy the company of people who don't think or look like me. I respect others opinions, but I stop short of believing many of them. What is truly tearing this country apart is the hatred and threats like you communicated.
Discussion, disagreement, and an occasional insult is acceptable behavior in society, threats of violence is not..

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:43am
John, Obama did not promise YOU free health care, he promised the uninsured free health care, he promised you that you would have to share all the wonderful resources you have now on your bc/bs plan with them, so the uninsured get more and you get.... longer waits, and death panels.

There is plenty of free care out there, as a paramedic I saw it daily. You can call any ambulance and go to any ER and get the services rendered, they will attempt to get paid and have social service staff to help you find programs like SCHIPS or medicaid, if they are unsuccessful they write it off = free care.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:43am
Edit post... not worth my time.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:55am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Solutions my friend.

There seems to be some misunderstanding of the ACA, or "Obama Care".

You do understand it is not free care right.   There is a tax, or penalty. But in this case it is a freeloader tax, and conservatives came up with the idea of an individual mandate.

Seth, Obama's 2000= page 1 trillion dollar program still leaves 15 million uninsured. So if you count me that is at least 15 million and 1 that see Obama as a failure. The reason Obama wants to tax the freeloaders is that they don't use the services, he wants to spread the costs of the older citizens onto the young that only could get by far cheaper with catastrophic coverage.

You also mentioned the per-existing coverage, this will allow people to take the government crap plan and then when they get cancer they can sign up for a good private plan, this will drive the private insurers prices up until Obama gets his dream of the government being the sole provider. Then what happens to me keeping my plan? We are all being suckered with a bait and switch. Well not me, but you are.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 79>
  Share Topic