NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 79>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 2:28am
Obama says today said Ryan is a good guy, articulate, and Obama fundamentally disagrees with Ryan's policy's. Ryan is racking up the big endorsements already.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 2:54am
Olympic Update, the US is once again the greatest country in the world with the most gold medals and highest medal total. Obama is reported to be planning a world apology tour and wants Phelps to give up some of his many medals in the name of athletic justice saying "you didn't win that"
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 3:32am
John, lets talk about you deriving pleasure from another's pain. What do they call that...narcissism, juvenile, or just a small man reaction. I'm betting on you having a small man complex. Seth just isn't worth my time.

BO is the laughing stock of the world; how does that make you feel?

Let's look at who he surrounded himself with: Rahm-off to Chicago, Holder-the 1st AG to be held in contempt, Jammin Janet is being sued for favoritism to females, valerie was ready to rule from day one, and where are the other 7 states?

Obama gutted welfare and immigration, spent way beyond our means to pay back his buddies, and lies constantly.

Critter is no more a fool than I am, but it never fails when a bedwetting liberal can't find facts to argue with. So yall go to name calling and the slinging of falshoods.

It's really sad the way yall act...juvenile.

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 3:37am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Ryan is racking up the big endorsements already.

Romney Ryan raised 3.5 million since Ryan was announced. That screams of BO be gone!

One last comparison...Romney was accused of murder because a woman got cancer(debunked)...let's talk, by the same token, about Bryan terry and the many others who were killed as of F&F. That's the pot calling the kettle very black.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 3:40am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

I have to laugh. I have had several conversations with a hard core far right Chicagoland neighbor of mine over the last few years. He always said we must cut spending, cut taxes, cut government programs, and quit giving handouts to the freeloaders ect. All the usual stuff. Two Toyotas and a Lexus in the driveway, IPhone and all the stuff, along with three kids, two in high school and one in college.
Then he lost his job as a biotech engineer when his company moved its research to India about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. His wife became ill and lost her job. First his family lost their health care, then he couldn't pay the tuition for his daughter to stay in college, then his unemployment ran out. The daughter got a job at 7-11 and the high school kids cut lawns and shoveled snow last winter and did whatever they could to make a little money. When I came home from the cottage last week their house was empty. A neighbor told me that they were evicted and all of their belongings were put on the curb. They were going to try to live in their cars until they could find somewhere to live. It serves them right, they got what they asked for the lazy freeloaders! Next time they may be more careful of what they wish for.

What a guy you are...
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 3:48am
Obama's fundraiser in Chicago was $51/plate as opposed to 35k and the room was half full. Already Romney Ryan have drawn over 10 thousand to 2 separate events...lookin bad for you bedwetters.
1988 BFN-sold

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 3:59am

Olympic Update, the US is once again the greatest country in the world with the most gold medals and highest medal total. Obama is reported to be planning a world apology tour and wants Phelps to give up some of his many medals in the name of athletic justice saying "you didn't win that"

I don't believe Barack wants to take our medals away, after all, most were won by us! Well, and that white Phelps guy.
Great Olympics!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 5:40am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I have to laugh. I have had several conversations with a hard core far right Chicagoland neighbor of mine over the last few years. He always said we must cut spending, cut taxes, cut government programs, and quit giving handouts to the freeloaders ect. All the usual stuff. Two Toyotas and a Lexus in the driveway, IPhone and all the stuff, along with three kids, two in high school and one in college.
Then he lost his job as a biotech engineer when his company moved its research to India about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. His wife became ill and lost her job. First his family lost their health care, then he couldn't pay the tuition for his daughter to stay in college, then his unemployment ran out. The daughter got a job at 7-11 and the high school kids cut lawns and shoveled snow last winter and did whatever they could to make a little money. When I came home from the cottage last week their house was empty. A neighbor told me that they were evicted and all of their belongings were put on the curb. They were going to try to live in their cars until they could find somewhere to live. It serves them right, they got what they asked for the lazy freeloaders! Next time they may be more careful of what they wish for.

What a guy you are...

What a guy you are...

It's meant to be a sad story, but I don't think you got it.
It looks good to some of you to cut these entitlement programs for all of the "freeloaders" out there. I read it over and over on these threads. They are called lazy freeloaders who don't want to work and want to live on government entitlement programs. The fact is, most are not freeloaders, they are hard workers who have fallen on hard times like a neighbor or friend. They are also the mentally handicapped who cannot hold a job and have had the funding cut from the programs that sustained them. It sounds great to pay nothing to help our fellow citizens and keep that money. Then you may fall on hard times or become sick, or have a sick family member, or develop a chronic illness and have your benefits cancelled because of a pre existing condition. How many of you have diabetes, heart disease, cold, cancer, a disabling accident, a child with autism, or some other chronic illness. How do you pay for your insurance? You may qualify for Medicare after your home and all of your assets are gone and a two year waiting period is up, but then again, you may not. A childhood friend of mine died of pneumonia because he had no insurance. By the time he was sick enough for the hospital to admit him, (no longer stable so they could no longer refuse care) they couldn't save him. I have seen so much of this dealing with people for 20 years. It is sickening how we treat our most vulnerable citizens, and it will get worse if more programs are cut.
And here stands Mitt, establishing Naom Capitol in the Caymen Islands to avoid paying his share of the taxes, Swiss bank accounts, well, one at least, less than 15% tax for the years he released, and he paid no taxes for at least several years before that. I wish he had to sit down with a family who was just forced out of their house to live in their car with no medical care, but I doubt he would care. Like some here, he would probably say "why does that homeless family own a Lexus. Even though it is old and they now call it home.

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 5:49am

Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Solutions my friend.

There seems to be some misunderstanding of the ACA, or "Obama Care".

You do understand it is not free care right.   There is a tax, or penalty. But in this case it is a freeloader tax, and conservatives came up with the idea of an individual mandate.

Seth, Obama's 2000= page 1 trillion dollar program still leaves 15 million uninsured. So if you count me that is at least 15 million and 1 that see Obama as a failure. The reason Obama wants to tax the freeloaders is that they don't use the services, he wants to spread the costs of the older citizens onto the young that only could get by far cheaper with catastrophic coverage.

You also mentioned the per-existing coverage, this will allow people to take the government crap plan and then when they get cancer they can sign up for a good private plan, this will drive the private insurers prices up until Obama gets his dream of the government being the sole provider. Then what happens to me keeping my plan? We are all being suckered with a bait and switch. Well not me, but you are.

So is that what you think the pr-exisiting conditions clause is? I think it really means insurance companies cannot refuse coverage based on that alone.
So when they sign up for the "good private plan", who is paying for that? Is that prem. not paid for by the insured?

Just explain to me how a family which currently purchases insurance, is not covered for routine exams and preventative medicine, which the providers chose at free will.
I know you will say, go buy different coverage then, but most often that is not an option as most are group plans and chosen by the employer. Or you'll tell me you should read the plan before purchase, but that to is not usually possible as the language is so often foreign to the reader, and the language provides a way out for the company whom paid an attorney to craft the document on such a way to make it nearly impossible to deduce all possible situations.
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 5:54am
This government crap plan you speak of.....   what exactly are you talking about?

For the record, my USAA insurance is pretty good.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 6:00am

What a guy you are...

It's sarcasm. And it is funny how the righties have run from this little story. I think you fell right into JonB's setup, you just don't know it. Maybe that is why his first sentence is " I have to laugh"

I too would have thought you might have said them family in the above example should have pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 6:04am

Obama says today said Ryan is a good guy, articulate, and Obama fundamentally disagrees with Ryan's policy's. Ryan is racking up the big endorsements already.

Wait, didn't Ryan's plan get tossed long ago?   P2P, never made it very far, and nobody is talking about it now, well almost nobody.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 6:10am

Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Listen you stupid S$it.... I lived in Villa Park for 5 years and I know that free health care is offered there. I lived at the corner of Cornell and E Division.
Get off your lazy Liberal A$$ and look for yourself.
If you cannot find free Healthcare, come down to NC and I will take you into a clinic personally.
They exist and your denying them does not change that.
And you call me a fool again and I can come up there and show you a free clinic if you would like... I know the way and know your address you jerk....

He he, a conservative advocating free care, or going to the er and stiffing the bill.

Priceless.    

Just sayin'
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 6:28am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 9:14am

I don't believe Barack wants to take our medals away, after all, most were won by us! Well, and that white Phelps guy.
Great Olympics!

In my head US = us. Amazing who always feels the need to divide by race.

1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 9:16am

2.6 trillion if it were true is still half of Obamas deficit. Sounds like a bargain. Another endorsement from the left .
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 10:38am

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 11:10am
Mitt understands that the government "creates" jobs by getting out of the way.

Here are some Obama quotes. I will cut the deficit in half, I will close Gitmo, I will reach across the isle., i will have the most transparent administration......
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 2:49pm

What a guy you are...

It's sarcasm. And it is funny how the righties have run from this little story. I think you fell right into JonB's setup, you just don't know it. Maybe that is why his first sentence is " I have to laugh"

I too would have thought you might have said them family in the above example should have pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps.

You got it!
Its great to advocate cutting the programs that sustain families when their jobs are outsourced, so the titans who got big tax breaks can stuff more money in their pockets, but not quite so good when it comes home to one of you who believed these cuts would help you in some way.
I laugh because when its one of you it is a sad story, but when its a faceless freeloader we need to cut off everything. It's ok though, the guy in India who is doing my neighbors job is now supporting his family better, and the company owner has more millions to pay less than 15% on.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 6:54pm

Obama's fundraiser in Chicago was $51/plate as opposed to 35k and the room was half full. Already Romney Ryan have drawn over 10 thousand to 2 separate events...lookin bad for you bedwetters.

I am proud to be a card carrying member of the Better Bedwetters of America!
Did I pee on your rug?
No, Woo peed on my rug, man.
Sincerely,
The Dig Boy.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 8:43pm

That is right. Follow the money it's all that is important in a presidential races.

End medicare for more tax cuts for millionaires!    Sweet. Granny is really headed to the edge of the cliff.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 10:09pm
Seth, The cliff is in 2024 when medicare goes broke. The earlier it is fixed the lesser the impact of the fix. Republicans want to make the cliff a tolerable hill. The democrat plan of sticking their heads in the sand and spending like there is no 2024 will create far worse of an impact. By the way Ryans plan does not effect anyone currently over 55. I am tired of democrats acting like 5 year olds who had their candy taken away and say its not fair. Time to grow up and face reality. We cannot afford what we are spending. With Ryan we now have a real choice. I liked the way he was able to articulate conservative values today. We have not seen that in a long time. This just became an interesting election!
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 11:48pm

I am tired of democrats acting like 5 year olds who had their candy taken away and say its not fair.

+1 and the name calling means they got nuthin left.

There's 700 billion in medicare cuts in obamacare.

And how cool would it be to have a budget?

1988 BFN-sold

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 3:46am
Ryan's plan turns medicare into a voucher program.   Privatization reeks of corruption and 700 billion, will seems like small potatoes. Funny how you toss the 700 billion in cuts out there, when Ryans plan crap cans the whole program.

Don't worry democrats faced this problem before. Republicans have perfected the way they run for office, and that is taking the worst part about their campaign, and flipping it to the democrats, hence the 700 billion comment. Swiftboat much? I think Obama has seen this coming.

I think the glamor and glitz of Ryan is catching you off guard, and giving the conservatives something to look forward too.   That is until the nation gets another grasp of the "Path to Prosperity", remember conservatives denounced that plan long ago, and in full force. It was not a small dismissal, it was a flat out, NO.

Whatever Romeny owns Ryan budget now.   When the honeymoon passes, and it will, he is going to have some very tough answers to give.

Screw that I am pissed Ryan and Romney are able to use the USS Wisconsin for campaigning.   How did that happen?

I still think you have a point about spending, I'd just wish you would acknowledge the revenue part as well, just like you would if you were budgeting your household. Tax the crap out of the rich, maybe then they will shut up, quit whining and make some more money in new and innovative ways. Now, they have no reason to, they have all the money, consume more, profit more, and still pay less than you and I do.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 4:26am
Seth, If we went with the buffet tax it would raise about 3 billion a year, then what? how do we take care of the other 1.1 trillion in deficit? Currently we have the GSA investigation increasing to 77 seperate events. We have a tax ID scandal in the IRS here is a quote

"The inspector general also found 10 individual addresses were used for filing 53,994 tax returns and receiving $86.4 million in fraudulent tax refunds. For example, 23,994 tax refunds totaling $46.3 million were issued to an address in Atlanta; and 2,507 tax refunds totaling $10.4 million were issued to an address in Oxnard, Calif.

In addition, the Treasury’s Inspector General for Tax Administration reports found 10 bank accounts received 23,560 tax refunds totaling more than $16 million -- including: 2,706 tax refunds issued to a single account totaling $7.3 million."

Obama promised to eliminate earmarks but has instead increased them. Government waste, fraud and mismanagement is out of control. And then there is a generation growing up thinking it is ok to steal the fruits of the labor of fellow citizens just because they happen to have a prejudice against them. The list goes on and on.

Anyone taking money from someone with the threat of force has an obligation to at least be responsible with what they take. All this will continue for as long as we are willing to fund it, and if write the check first with a promise of "change" the incentive to change is gone. We need to starve the beast and teach it some restraint. We have an adult problem and Ryan is one of the few in government willing to talk about it and offer solutions. If the democrats want to behave like spoiled kids and throw a tantrum when they don't get their way (Wisconsin)then they will have to just let the adults make some responsible decisions for them, or they can grow up and help find some reasonable solutions to the problem, but more money is not the solution. We have seen how they piss it away. It is not monopoly money, it is real and it is ours.

1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 6:42am
Still doesn't address the fact you pay more in taxes than the rich do.

I'll give you the tax fraud facts you posted. ( I haven't checked them, and won't in all honesty) I'll admit, I am sure there is tax fraud happening, but still doesn't account for the guy like you and me who are getting stuck with the burden of paying the bills while the rich get a free pass because they have created this illusion of creating all the jobs and the poor cannot afford to pay anymore.

* I don't pay any income taxes because poker is not taxable at this point, but I have paid my price, however my wife does pay her fair share.

Tax fraud in the example you posted is wrong, so why can you not admit someone paying far less than you who can afford to pay more doesn't? Why is it ok under the Ryan tax plan for Romneys taxes to fall to .82% ok, while it makes yours increase ok?

It seems like you are inferring the refund fraud you spoke of is all the democrats or liberals. My money is on that not being the case. Besides, refunds are not revenue and your example only compounds the revenue problem we have, as well as a spending problem. Should we toss the IRS because there is fraud. Don't answer that, I already know what you will say.   That is like saying you should be ran out of business because you screwed up a floor job.

Keep throwing the Obama name out there, I don't own the corporatist anymore than you do, you must not have understood my position from the start. I see many faults in him, but do think he is the lesser of the evils at this point.   Give me a progressive to vote for and I'd forget who Obama is really quick.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 6:47am

Great Olympics!

How did I miss this opportunity? Think of any black athletes that could get away with this....?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 7:08am

+1 and the name calling means they got nuthin left.

Well BFN, I assume you have nothin' left after the bedwetter comment?

Nice way to leave man.

I'd still buy you a few beers before you gave me a dime for that golden toilet. You being a right wing wacko falls near the bottom on the list of what I care about when boats, skiing, footing, boarding,etc are involved, you are a human after all. Let's just agree to never give each other a pull should we ever end up at a reunion.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 9:18am

Funny how you toss the 700 billion in cuts out there, when Ryans plan crap cans the whole program.

Because of what our dear leader is saying on the trail. And Ryan's plan doesn't 'can the whole thing'; far from it. False

Republicans have perfected the way they run for office, and that is taking the worst part about their campaign, and flipping it to the democrats, hence the 700 billion comment. Swiftboat much? I think Obama has seen this coming.

This is in fact the dem manner of operation. Go find me a lie Romney told. Or we could discuss bo's Chicago history and how he got there.

I think the glamor and glitz of Ryan is catching you off guard, and giving the conservatives something to look forward too.   That is until the nation gets another grasp of the "Path to Prosperity", remember conservatives denounced that plan long ago, and in full force. It was not a small dismissal, it was a flat out, NO.

Often bills are dismissed because of all the unrelated crap thrown in. Maybe you remember the gun control language that magically appeared in the cybersecurity bill? Tell us of this path to prosperity...

Whatever Romeny owns Ryan budget now.   When the honeymoon passes, and it will, he is going to have some very tough answers to give.

About what?

Screw that I am pissed Ryan and Romney are able to use the USS Wisconsin for campaigning.   How did that happen?

Bo never used a military backdrop...oops, I'm lying now.

I still think you have a point about spending, I'd just wish you would acknowledge the revenue part as well, just like you would if you were budgeting your household. Tax the crap out of the rich, maybe then they will shut up, quit whining and make some more money in new and innovative ways. Now, they have no reason to, they have all the money, consume more, profit more, and still pay less than you and I do.

Where to start on this one. Didn't I just bring up budgets? The rich are alreay paying a disproportionate amout of taxes; and as to new and innovative ways to make money; well he who has money, a good idea, and the talent to impliment it is busy sitting on his money until he sees some solidity and direction in DC.

Revenue = the Fair Tax   We'll never see it though, because it takes power away from the gov't...and we can't have that.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 9:21am

I'll give you the tax fraud facts you posted. ( I haven't checked them, and won't in all honesty)

This is why you should keep your mouth shut!
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 79>
  Share Topic