NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7374757677 79>
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2013 at 10:02pm
i hope it becomes as easy as posting pictures here for me
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2013 at 10:03pm
is it true that 70% of canadians have supplemental health care? i have been told it is true but cant seem to confirm it
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2013 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

is it true that 70% of canadians have supplemental health care? i have been told it is true but cant seem to confirm it

No, it's not true, it is a slightly higher percentage than that. It is mostly for dentistry and optometry. My daughter's family's supplemental Canadian health insurance is also provided by the government.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2013 at 11:19pm
As of 2012 aprox. 30 percent of all Canadian health spending was private pay. As John said mostly dentistry, eye care, and prescriptions.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2013 at 12:02am
I just talked with my daughter who lived in canada for 2 1/2 years and was covered under the canadian health care system. She also worked as a nurse in Canada during that time.
She told me that supplemental insurance covered prescriptions, dental, massage, PT, chiro, canes and walkers private rooms and such. Supplemental insurance is carried by such a high percentage of the population because it is provided by pretty much all employers free of charge.

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Interesting that "The Marketplace" has had to shutdown for some fixes already. Not too many people got through in week 1. They have had three years to prepare for this. This thing appears to be a disaster already.

Based on reports on the news, premiums, on average, are WAY up, and deductibles are sky high ($5K-$6K). Not exactly affordable, and not exactly good policies for most.   Interesting the govt isn't releasing any data on how many people actually bought AFFORDABLE health insurance. Maybe week 2 will go more smoothly!?!? I am sure it will. They are fixing the computers this weekend.

It makes me wonder that if premiums and deductibles are too high, if young healthy people will just self insure, and pay the fine.

Pretty sad.
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2013 at 12:16pm
The GOP is so out of this world, bat crap crazy, by the end of the shutdown they have created, everybody will see it. And the ACA will still be moving right along.

Just who are they going to attack and alienate next?

If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2013 at 12:37pm
Why is NOAA shut down, http://governmentshutdown.noaa.gov/

But this site still up?
http://www.letsmove.gov/
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 2:20am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

The GOP is so out of this world, bat crap crazy, by the end of the shutdown they have created, everybody will see it. And the ACA will still be moving right along.

Just who are they going to attack and alienate next?

Perhaps the republicans are responding in kind to the moon-bats and wing nuts on the left that have alienated them Chicken or egg, who decides?

I have heard Harry Reid complaining about the shut down, and that there are proper ways to address Obama-care (there was a proper way to approve it also, but that was bypassed with reconciliation when they did not have the votes). The reality is 70% of Americans want Obama-care repealed, and the house republicans have represented them by voting no less than 41 times to repeal Obama-care. And how many times has Harry Reid allowed a vote in the Senate? 41? 20? 1? or was it ZERO. Apparently the senate will only allow the representation of 30% of the country. The republicans wanted to de-fund Obama care, but then offered compromise to delay it. Harry has refused to compromise and will only settle for exactly what he wants so republicans are using their control of the purse strings just like the democrats used reconciliation, and that is why the government is shut down (well 17% of government is shut down, and there is already talk of paying those workers back pay, so 17% of the government is really on a paid vacation). I think shutting down the government over de-funding Obama-care was a tactical mistake, but if they tie it to the debt ceiling debate it could be a great bargaining tool for some real spending cuts.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 8:43am
I heard a good quote the other day. I don't know who said it, but, it went something like...."If you think healthcare is expensive now, wait until it's free".
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 10:28am
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 10:47am
Yeah anyone who thinks that 70% of this country feels the same way about anything is pretty darn gullible. Anyone who thinks that that 70% of the country is in favor of repealing something that they just overwhelmingly voted to affirm in the very last election that we had is more than gullible. Last I checked democrats got more votes in the House of Representatives last election than republicans did… I don’t know how that equates to the far right of the republican party representing 70% of the country.. maybe 70% of the billionaires who make their money off of fossil fuels, but certainly not 70% of the country. That doesn’t mean the majority is right necessarily but when you claim to have a majority and you don’t then my guess is you have no real case or logic… so lies are all that are left.

Free healthcare has proven to be less expensive per person, per capita, per household, per country, per procedure, per outcome, per however you want to measure it in every country it has been adopted than the private health care we have had here in the US... sadly we won’t be getting “free healthcare” we are getting health care with some consumer protections and some income based subsidies, and make no mistake we are getting it. Canada spends per person $4205 per year on average for all health care spending, in the good old US it is $7910, that includes all your supplemental yadda yadda yadda..

It is apparent to any thinking person why the nut jobs were willing to do anything to prevent it for even another year.., they all promised it would be the end of the world. It won’t in fact be the end of the world and therefore to anyone who doesn’t have their head completely up the kiester of the right wing noise machine the nut jobs will have in fact proven themselves to be money/power hungry nutjobs who are either clueless or willing to say anything to be elected.   That is why propaganda and lies are not a great long term strategy when it comes to running a democracy… but it sure does get a lot of guys rich for a while.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 11:06am
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 1:03pm
I must admit I may have been wrong about Obama in light of this story. It was not widely reported on but Fox News was able to break the story.
Obama revelation

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 4:28pm
Just like Rush said the other day, IRS has had 3 yrs to be ready for this. And after being asked question how many people have signed up, can not get a answer. It is just plain common since. It wont work, just fund the government and watch it implode.

I have heard people try to get quotes and they are 2500 higher, not lower. And what is this older people going through the questionare that they have to have certain things to qualify. Paternity leave for instance when no one has a kid.

We got Ted Cruz, something the democrats fear.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 12:19am
Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four [Updated">

Gee I Didn't see that coming.....Oh wait I did! Thanks a lot democrats.

Remember when Obama said he was going to cut our deficit in half...Ahhhh good times.
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 1:03am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Remember when Obama said he was going to cut our deficit in half...Ahhhh good times.
According to king O , he has to the end of his first term to do the cutting.... ohhhh, wait.....

Speaking of Fiscal Cliffs, I've seen this one before...

•U.S. Tax Revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
•Federal Budget: $3,820,000,000,000
•New Debt: $1,650,000,000,000
•National Debt: $14,271,000,000,000
•Recent Budget cuts: 38,500,000,000

Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:
•Annual family income: $21,700
•Money the family spent: $38,200
•New debt on the credit card: $16,500
•Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
•Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

Here's one I hadn't seen ...

Let’s say you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood… and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings. What do you think you should do?

Raise the ceiling or remove the crap?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Free healthcare has proven to be less expensive per person, per capita, per household, per country, per procedure, per outcome, per however you want to measure it in every country it has been adopted than the private health care we have had here in the US... sadly we won’t be getting “free healthcare”

Joe, Obviously free healthcare would be less expensive per person. Tell me more about this free healthcare, because it sounds like the answer to all our problems. Why are we even debating about single payer systems if there is some magical no payer system? Why did we have to add all the new medical device taxes, and cadillac health plan taxes if there is healthcare out there for FREE? How do I sign up for this? Heck medicare is going broke, lets put all those people on free healthcare and that budget hole is plugged, we can use the savings to bail out social security! Wait, Is there free social security that you know about? Man what I could do with no more FICA taxes. Yahoo!!!!!!
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 11:35am
Seriously we have quotes from rush .. conspiracy theories from bloggers that dont even pretend its anything more than what one guy thinks might have happenened, the forbes fiasco story that well doesnt actually say what it says that it says and then debunks its debunkers by saying that no it didnt actally say that

folksy analogies comparing bush accumulated debt and deficit numbers to a household budget that well dont really have much to do with anything -

if you really want to carry them out you would be better to compare it to a business with depreciable capital (the value of all the infrastructure and public lands in the us), intelectuall capital (the value of the knowledge of all the people we educated in the us), and the ability to increase it's cash flow (income)2X at any time because it has a product with infinite demand. There isnt any country or household out there that wouldnt like to be in the position of the US.

Dave trying to sound like a reaonable person pretending to sound like a moron to make a point doesnt make your point or you any less of a fool for continuing to seek out sources that tell you what you want to hear and bringing that nonsense out into the world to repeat. You have posted more fake facts and completely debunked nonsense on these forums that any three skicat2001's... then when called out on it you simply move to the next round of nonsense. Not unlike your brethern in the house of representatives the sheer boldness of it would be funny if it didnt have actual consequences.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 11:45am
How long can we go on adding 1 trillion per year in additional debt? And what happens if the dollar becomes so weak that it is no longer the world's preferred currency?
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 1:00pm
Here is you some great news I will share. I work for one of the largest retailer here in the US. Wal-Mart. I went to clock in the other day, it said, "Go get legal notice from personal office". So I went to personal office and laying on a desk, said "Please Take One".
After reading the notice, Wal-Mart was telling all employees and some managers (zone managers, department mangers, etc) "Go get your own healthcare, we will not offer you health insurance and benefits passed Jan 1, 2014. If you need help finding insurance we have people who can help." Only salaried managers @ Walmart are offered benefits. Which per store there is less than 50 managers. HA! I wonder.
All Walmarts have made this decision and just think of people that have put in 5-10 years and work there for the benefits and not the money and telling them they are going too dump them Jan 1st. Disgraceful.

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 1:01pm
Depending on what you get for it you can add a trillion a year for 20 years - of course nobody is planning or projecting that we do that - deficit projections for this year are 640 billionish, then 560, 380, 432.. then they go back towards 600 - 800 in ten year out cycle..

The effect that has on the strength of the dollar is nebulous at best. The effect of the government shutdown and soon to be default on the value of the dollar is a sure thing

The simple fact is if you went back to the tax rates we had under clinton you would be back to paying off the debt run up finacing wars with tax cuts and having to buy our way out of a housing bubble created by loosening of regulations.

Cuts are also required but certainly not the ones being thrown out there that do nothing but transfer costs to the states that we are all feeling in higher property taxes

and none of that has to do with the fact that the nut jobs are going to add trillions to the debt if they cause a default because Rush told them to
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 1:12pm
Have you seen my Baseball??
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 1:41pm
__ __ __ __ it, lets go bowling.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Have you seen my Baseball??

Recess time again?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 2:01pm
The impact of the AHA to my family.

Wife covers us through BCBS (state plan offered through her teaching job).

Premiums went up 10%. Surprisingly the employer is picking up most of the increase (for 2014).

Annual family deductible went from $1500 to $6500 per year.

Just one experience here. I'm sure that there are some that will be positively benefited.

Whether you agree with it or not, this is the new norm and you might as well get used to it. AHA is the law and while I don't agree with most of it, it's here to stay. No amount of political drama is going to take it away at this point.

The most troublesome thing about our political system in my opinion is that it's no longer about what is right and wrong it's about doing the opposite of what the other party wants to do. Much of this fueled by the Limbaugh, Hannity, Madow, Matthews talk shows and of course the Fox and CNN "news" networks.   I fear that the polarization is to the extent that no real progress will be possible in the future.

With regards to the spending, surely it's gotta slow down. I realize you can't compare an individual family income and spending to that of a country, but there can't be indefinite time period of deficit spending whether the spender is a family or a nation, no? How is that possible? Even if it is, why would you want it to be?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 2:33am

Joe, I was just pointing out that free health care is an oxymoron, and is a major misrepresentation that the low information voter believes outright. I assume you meant a single payer system, also a deception because it is payed for by millions of taxpayers. Government run health care is really the best description but no one uses it because no one who has been to the DMV wants the government to run their healthcare. Considering this administrations "Make it hurt" slim down decisio9ns I can only suspect in a government run future the first "non-essential" service shut down would be healthcare. Not a risk I want to take.

As far as the debt ceiling I think this senator said it well.
   “Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.” Senator B. Obama

1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 10:45am
A few steves above through in the "free" healthcare terminology and the adults in the room could understand it was tongue in cheek and not waste the time to pretend that they were sooo much smarter than the soo called low information voter. I will take low information voters over those who expose themselves willingly to a steady diet of misinforation and simplistic half truths..

The DMV is a state run entitiy - the ones around here run like a swiss watch, but still the more accurate comparison would be the Medicare administration.   Compare that to the way current health insurance companies work and I can't see why anyone in thier right mind wouldn't rather see a single payer system as it is more efficient and competent in every way. Seriously have you ever dealt with a private insurance company? Plans have been going up double digit percentages the last 15 years now, double or triple billing for the same proceedure is the norm, doctors offices have mulitple employees just to deal with different insurance paperwork. Doctors have to taylor thier treatment plans differently for different people on different insurances. Basically every bad thing that people say would happen with a single payer plan, or now because of the ACA already happens daily with current insurance companies. Only you can't vote out the morons in charge, because for the vast majority of the country it is your employer that chooses your insurance provider and plan. Who by the way often also has to have multiple employees to adminsiter such a plan. From a free market economic standpoint tying health insurance to employment is simply freaking crazy...anything- literally anything- that starts to break up that unholy marriage will make america better and more competitive. Not to mention increase the quality of care.

As for debt and deficit reduction - duh it needs to be done - however failing to raise the debt ceiling or fund the government does nothing but cost billions of dollars in additional debt daily.... it doesn't save money to give people paid vacations. And if we default for even a day it will add trillions to the debt in terms of increased interest rates servicing the debt - not to mention the trillions of dollars in private wealth that will be wiped out, or the trillions of dollars in reduced future revenues due to the economic impact.

That is reality - fail to raise the debt limit and america will be on the hook for trillions more in principle and interest payments. All those additional trillions will come from workers pockets (you and me) and go to investors pockets (the koch brothers and china). That is all there is to talk about here - do you want to owe them more money and at a higher rate just so you can pretend for a few days that you are not going to pay them the money you already owe?

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

How long can we go on adding 1 trillion per year in additional debt? And what happens if the dollar becomes so weak that it is no longer the world's preferred currency?

We have been paying our bills for years by printing more money.
The Americsan dollar has been the standard by which all commodities have been traded as the preferred currency. There is movement between Chjna and Japan and some other Eastern countries like Iran to use other than American dollar for trade purposes. Once the US dollar is no longer the preferred currency we canm no longer just print more money. This will tip the scales of economy and prices will soar.

As for other countries offering healthcare that ia less costly it is simply because America has too many loopholes and entitlements that will make this program more costly. Between actual costs, taxes on medical benefits, and fines the program will never be affordable.

Unwillingness to negotiate is proving that American government should not be in the healthcare busisness.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 2:10pm
We all saw what happened when the government got into the housing business, and mandated banks loan money to people who couldn't afford houses....the housing market collapsed, and dragged the economy with it in 2008/2009. Many like to blame it on the banking industry. When government was out of the housing industry, banks actually had to worry about making a profit, and not losing their money. Whent the government backed everything up via Freddie and Fannie, all bets were off.

Now the government is getting into the healthcare business. We already see how it is going so far, and it isn't working too well. They knew that the computer system wasn't ready yet, but, they made the decision to go anyway. Maybe it's good they did so everybody gets a good taste of this monstrosity before the elections next year.

If our dear leader's healthcare program is so great, why doesn't Obama, and Congress have to participate it in, or more accurately, why do they get 75% tax payer funded subsidies for theirs? Wouldn't they also like to save $2500 per family to participate in it? They should be forced to eat their rotten cooking.

For you movie buffs, you ought to watch "Atlas Shrugged". There are actually three in the series. I have watched I and II. A lot of parallels as to what is going on with government, and American society/politics/economy/industry over the past five years or so. Well worth watching for the high information voter crowd. It certainly points to where we are headed. You could say it is a "fundamental transformation" of America.    

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7374757677 79>
  Share Topic