Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2013,, We're Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 21>
Author
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 4:55pm
Thanks, Bones

These were taken on Sunday, July 7, from Judson tower. For those of you who haven't been here yet, Norwegian Bay is just around to the right of the small peninsula and island in the first photo. The Heidel House cruise boat can be seen in the second.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 5:21pm
Maybe Steve can chime in as he was just there through last weekend, but when we were up the 30th thru July 4, the skeeters werent that bad in GL IMO... Its getting hotter, so this will fuel the fire, but so far I think the biting PITA's have been easy going... Yes on the fogger though...

The event is looking good guys.. 100 people is a solid crowd.. We're going to have a great time..

Thursday: Will be left open for those coming early to settle in and take advantage of some nice flat water..No formal plans are set for the evening
Friday: We will start parking boats at 5pm at the Legion Hall in town. Registration will be in the hall where you will get your boat ballot and windshield tag. Food will be set up by them as well as a nice cold beverage waiting for you to pull in...
Sat: If you want to parade out to the Bay, we can do that. Its always cool to see and hear. If not, boat at your leisure and come find us in the back of Norweigian Bay. Can't miss us. Just look for the coolest boats you've ever seen in thigh high water... Night, we'll be serving dinner in the park starting at 6pm.. For those who have never experienced the "Goose", well you'll not miss us there as well ha..

Look forward to seeing you all there..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 5:44pm
I'm no doctor, but the registration page says 36 boats, I feel like there's at least one Mars boat and one Pinkham boat that's not in that number, have we officially eclipsed 40?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I'm no doctor, but the registration page says 36 boats, I feel like there's at least one Mars boat and one Pinkham boat that's not in that number, have we officially eclipsed 40?

Sort of slipped my mind but we're bringing 2 boats...so I think 1 more does it.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Sort of slipped my mind but we're bringing 2 boats...so I think 1 more does it.

Allen do we need to double tow from La? I have an old 1949 boat ,not much to look at , that would make our goal of 40 boats.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2013 at 11:43pm

I think I may be driving the Tundra and pulling the boat after all. The more I think about sitting in the back of that french fry burner with Ashley with you and Paul up front the more I think I may just take all three kids and follow you guys up there. It's not a bad drive... I think we'll be over 40 boats
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

I think I may be driving the Tundra and pulling the boat after all. The more I think about sitting in the back of that french fry burner with Ashley with you and Paul up front the more I think I may just take all three kids and follow you guys up there. It's not a bad drive... I think we'll be over 40 boats

That's the spirit! This is turning into a good old fashioned convoy. Took me a minute to realize the french fry burner was Paul's truck and not my boat, was pretty confused about that one.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 1:07am

...the more I think I may just take all three kids and follow you guys up there.

Atta boy. There were twin girls that were looking forward to twin boys showing up. Ummm - on second thought, at this age, that might not be a good idea after all...
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Maybe Steve can chime in as he was just there through last weekend, but when we were up the 30th thru July 4, the skeeters weren't that bad in GL IMO

Summertime = mosquitoes unless you are in a desert. This ain't no surprise. You know what else ain't no surprise - mosquito repellent works when applied and is widely available.

Sometimes facts of life just are better served up directly. A small amount of preparation and y'all be just fine.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 2:56am
Mojo, I am all in for the boat parade, It is a major highlight for me. Is 11AM Still the official start time?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Mojo, I am all in for the boat parade, It is a major highlight for me. Is 11AM Still the official start time?

If we do parade out, yes, 11am was the assembly time out by 11:30 and anchored by noon...

Also forgot to mention that Shoreline will have the Bay Band out there again on Sunday afternoon. Some Midwest Country band this year.. I've got new amps in the boat.. We should be able to drown them out if their bad hahaha
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

...the more I think I may just take all three kids and follow you guys up there.

Atta boy. There were twin girls that were looking forward to twin boys showing up. Ummm - on second thought, at this age, that might not be a good idea after all...

I feel for you Steve... Having a 16 year old daughter... Lets just say I'm glad the twins are boys and not girls...
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 1:53pm

The more I think about sitting in the back of that french fry burner with Ashley with you and Paul up front the more I think I may just take all three kids and follow you guys up there.

That's OK we were on the fence on if we wanted you in the back anyway.
Just remember, bring lot's of money cause smelling french fries all the way those boy's are going to want to stop at every Mickey Dee's
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 2:59pm
DEPARTURE            WHERE YOU AT        DIGITS
Steve Evans (RainDog)       Wed 7-17 PM        Mon 7-20 PM            House      414.7 nine1.sixnine55
Tony Lange (Bones71)        Sat 9-10 am.        Mon 7/20 PM            Bayveiw Inn
Dave & Austin (OverMyHead) Fri 2PM             Sun PM                     Hattie Sherwood #1
Gary Starr (Gary S)            Thurs 7-18 pm      Mon 7-20 pm                 Lakeside Motel
Steve Kutsch (skutsch)        Fri   10-Noon      Sat    8 pm                 Borders (Ripon)
Alan Arrighi (81nautique).      Thurs am.           Mon 7-20.      Hattie Sherwood.   630.two09.361nine
Dave Dorsen (Mojo)             Fri               Mon        House        630-842-4124
Paul Waters       Friday morning      Monday      Mojo's       913-219-3402
Randy Wise (Randy_in_Ohio)    Wed Eve.           Sun?       Campground    330-704-6334
Adam Deen (IAughtNaut)    Wed                    Mon?      Campground/Benjamin's place    44O.552.3465
Chris&Zoe (Storm34)           Wed Noon           Mon afternoon        Campground        5one5.468.8323
Pat Tierney (PicturePat)        Wed Noon           Sun Afternoon        Campground       
Tim MORFOOT (Footy)           Fri 12-1pm        Mon               Hatties ???   770-31sixsix963
Steve Behlmer(Behl)                  Thurs AM            Sun PM               Lakeside 317.439.6031
Billy and Karen Sutton {Boat Dr /Boat Nurse}   Thursday Noon Ripon 1-601-431-7043
Kurt&Candice (PLBC)     Fri(noon) - Sunday                         McConnell Inn
Chris Conrad (SNobsessed) Fri PM - Sunday AM Green Lake Inn
Chris Q (Quinner)    Weds - Mon   Campground 1-900-GetSome
RJ (more importantly by popular demand Nicole and kids) Fri 10-noon Sat - late comfort inn (RipOne WI) 414.five8118fortyseven
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 3:16am
9 days! I swear the clock has slowed nearly to a stop, but I am sure it will go double time as soon as we get there.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 10:24am
Hey Wisconsinites- Coming north out of Madison, is it better to take I-39 to 23, or should I take 151 to 73?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 10:34am
As long as we are talking driving, are there any road construction alerts? Coming from the west in my case.
1987 Ski Nautique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 11:00am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Hey Wisconsinites- Coming north out of Madison, is it better to take I-39 to 23, or should I take 151 to 73?

Take the 151 to 73 route. It gets you off the I90 parking lot and makes for a more enjoyable route eh...

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 11:09am
I have always used the 151 to 73 route since you recommended it Dave. Nice easy drive with hardly any traffic no matter what day. Have always wondered about 39 though ------
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I have always used the 151 to 73 route since you recommended it Dave. Nice easy drive with hardly any traffic no matter what day. Have always wondered about 39 though ------

39 is fine Gary, it's getting there that is slow. Trucks, Dells, Minn traffic all have to stay on I90.. Plus once off onto 23, you go through more towns to get to GL (not that the waterfall in Montello isn't cool to see).. But yes 151 to 73 North to Randolph to 23 East.. !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 12:12pm
yep... 151-73-23
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 12:33pm
We are making the Caravan up with the newest in the fleet so 40 should be no issues by all the add on boats above.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

yep... 151-73-23

The PITA will be the 62 mile stretch of I90 between Elgin and Rockford that is 45 mph.. And they aren't messing around in there. I haven't seen a Ponch and John on patrol for 20 years in IL, but they've been out there and very active on the old Harley's.. West bound even goes down to one lane... Arrrggghhhh

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 12:53pm

Tony, I call FOUL!! how did you get a room at the Bayview?!

Steve.....We got a room at the Bay View (pretty easily). I assumed at the late date we booked everything would be sold out. Should I be worried?
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

As long as we are talking driving, are there any road construction alerts? Coming from the west in my case.

For those coming from the east (I can't speak to anything south or east of OHare), there is the never ending construction between IL border and Milwaukee. Generally they always have three lanes open. At Kenosha it does drop down to 2 lanes, its a little tight pulling through there. Avoid rush hour and you will be fine.

On the 894 bypass around Milwaukee construction continues on the north end as you switch over to 45. That one can really slow down, but it only lasts for about 15 minutes. After that it is pretty clear sailing all the way to Green Lake.

I don't know why anyone would go this way (except maybe Alan and I am SURE he knows about this) but I90 between Rockford and Elgin is a NIGHTMARE
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 12:56pm

yep... 151-73-23

The PITA will be the 62 mile stretch of I90 between Elgin and Rockford that is 45 mph.. And they aren't messing around in there. I haven't seen a Ponch and John on patrol for 20 years in IL, but they've been out there and very active on the old Harley's.. West bound even goes down to one lane... Arrrggghhhh

I'm lucky there, instead of taking I88 to I39.... we head north on two lanes to Madison. Takes 10 to 15 mins. longer, but definitely an easier drive.   Only interstate for me is around Madison and a few miles of 39 before hitting 151.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 1:16pm

yep... 151-73-23

I'm lucky there, instead of taking I88 to I39.... we head north on two lanes to Madison. Takes 10 to 15 mins. longer, but definitely an easier drive.   Only interstate for me is around Madison and a few miles of 39 before hitting 151.

Yes, if you get on US12, you can take that to 73 (just west of Cambridge) and then follow 73 north. That is actually a nice ride as well, 2 lane but no traffic (normally, also haven't driven it in a while so not sure on construction).
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

[Yes, if you get on US12, you can take that to 73 (just west of Cambridge) and then follow 73 north. That is actually a nice ride as well, 2 lane but no traffic (normally, also haven't driven it in a while so not sure on construction).

Try to get up rte 12 on a Friday evening... I'd rather stick pencils in both eyes... Through Richmond at rte173 is an hour long process.. Nice after that hahaa
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 1:27pm
Seriously, bring bug spray. Don't rely on the stores up there having any left on the shelves.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

I don't know why anyone would go this way (except maybe Alan and I am SURE he knows about this) but I90 between Rockford and Elgin is a NIGHTMARE

I miss that stretch Steve as I get on 90 at Rockford and I believe the construction is east of that. In any case we've decided to leave about midnight Wednesday right after we pick our daughter up at the airport so night traffic shouldn't be too bad.

I have never been more excited for a GL reunion than this one. Besides just wanting to get away for a few days there are so many new boats and people that this is going to be fantastic, not to mention folks we haven't seen in over a year. A sneak peak at the weather is looking real nice with temps in the 80's too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 21>
  Share Topic