Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2013,, We're Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1011121314 21>
Author
tracy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 11:11am
Thanks for the explanation. We figured it was something like that. Yes--the site is running better. See you all on Friday night.
Tracy
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 1:31pm
48 hours from departure and getting pumped up. See everyone soon.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

48 hours from departure and getting pumped up. See everyone soon.

Yes getting pumped but first I need to get my pump! Looks like I'll have the Hurricane's water pump in Tuesdays UPS so one day to spare. No sweat!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 2:41pm
A Green Lake Update !!!!!

Yes the water IS perfect, for those who think you have to bring a drysuit to go swimming in our crystal clear, deep lake...

Anyway, as many of you are looking to join us for the first time in central Wisconsin, it is going to be very important to make sure you have the following items in your boat (Barney is tolerant for the most part with our noisey little boats, but not for the following:

Expired registration
Not enough floatation/throwable
Exprired fire extinguisher

If you do get pulled over, do not panic, they also reward boaters with ice cream coupons when children are found with proper PFD's..

When launching, pay the fees !!!! If not it will cost you 5 times that with a parking ticket in the windshield when you get back to your truck !!!!

When boating, it will cost you more if you: ride the bow, ride the gunnel, ride the motorbox etc.

I will help review more of these facts on Friday night. We want to make sure everyone has a great time, and stays hassle free..

We will will start parking boats at the Legion Hall, which is just North of South Street on Lake in downtown Green Lake, on Friday at 4:30pm. More info to follow..

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Anyway, as many of you are looking to join us for the first time in central Wisconsin, it is going to be very important to make sure you have the following items in your boat (Barney is tolerant for the most part with our noisey little boats, but not for the following:

Expired registration
Not enough floatation/throwable
Exprired fire extinguisher

If you do get pulled over, do not panic, they also reward boaters with ice cream coupons when children are found with proper PFD's..

So basically, plan to talk to Smokey at least once while we're there?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 3:09pm
Nah Adam, Ive never been boarded out there... but being prepared is definitely the way to go!

Moj, what about a horn- is that required?

We're about 24 hrs away from hitting the road.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 3:47pm
No Adam, not at all.. But if you see him off of any ramp, just floating, he will be checking registration....

Tim, No a horn is not required, but some other noise making device is, like a whistle. Must be heard up to 1/2 mile away..

Look forward to seeing you guys soon !!!

Moj
tracy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 4:04pm
No, I am not part of Todd Utter's registration. I registered separately. (Todd is my brother.) I registered 5 people (me & 4 guests). My credit card has been charged $135. I registered on or about June 30.

Thanks,
Tracy
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 4:12pm
What about a flag for when a skiers in the water? Not really up on my Wisconsin laws, that's the only thing I'll need to go pick up if necessary.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by tracy tracy wrote:

No, I am not part of Todd Utter's registration. I registered separately. (Todd is my brother.) I registered 5 people (me & 4 guests). My credit card has been charged $135. I registered on or about June 30.

Thanks,
Tracy

Tracy,

I sent Keith an email to look into this. In any case don't let this bother you, we'll figure it out.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 4:38pm

ride the motorbox etc.
Moj'

Ok fine I'll leave the Tobago at home-
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

It was always going to be a last minute decision. But just registered and booked flights.

So cool we are going to get to see you again! Is Jo coming too? Looks like the weather is going to be a lot better this year than the last time you guys came!

I was able to get a room at the Green Lake Inn at the last minute about a half mile up the road from the campground I'm told. They may still have rooms available.

I can't wait to see everyone, going to be a great time this year!

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 4:50pm
I see that a Kirk Parsons is registered from Richland, MI. Is that Kaptain Kirk (dochockey)? Can't tell since it doesn't link to a profile.

BTW- we are officially at 40 boats! (my registration has not been updated)
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 5:01pm
Good and bad news from the Boat Dr. camp, change of plans on our departure date.Previous plan was to leave La. on Wed. afternoon and drive straight thru. 19 hours plus gas stops, too old to do that again.............
Change of plan, why not leave today ..........Yukon is packed , all that we have to do is back up, drop the ball and navigate North..
Karen and I will turn this into a mini vacation on the way up..
looking for those out of the way / gotta see / cool areas. Any tips are needed. We will travel almost due North from La, and a detour will be a blessing, any idea,s guys.
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 5:31pm

A Green Lake Update !!!!!

If you do get pulled over, do not panic, they also reward boaters with ice cream coupons when children are found with proper PFD's.. '

This is true. My kids ride up front looking for the cops, waving at them, hoping to get pulled over for the ice cream. Yea it's REALLY super?!?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

What about a flag for when a skiers in the water? Not really up on my Wisconsin laws, that's the only thing I'll need to go pick up if necessary.

Nope, none.... Not needed..
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 6:52pm
Well, registering for me was also going to be a last minute thing since I've been out of work for the last 9+ months. Was hoping to get a consulting job this week so I could celebrate with my wife at the dinner Sat night; the job may still come through this week. Even if I don't register, I hope to take Camp Grow's '75 SkiTique over to Norwegian Bay for a few hours Sat aft as I have in the past. It also looks like the prop I'm having repitched will get done Wed, but it's in Texas and won't likely get to Ripon by Friday either. Thought the prop might put the SkiTique in a position where I could at least see the top speed guys with binoculars....
tracy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 6:55pm
81Nautique,

Thanks for your help. No worries--we'll be there. Let me know if you need any more info. I sent Keith a few emails last week--one with an attachment showing the registration info--bringing my boat (76 Ski Tique) & 4 guests, etc.

Thanks again,
Tracy
Bones71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bones71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 9:50pm
Guys I'm bringing a guest I did not register. He's only 8. I figured I could add him when I get there right? Also when I registered I did not see the t-shirt order spot. Can I buy them there? Hope so. Tony.
diggit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 10:10pm
Hey all

I'm already registered as me +1 but looks like we're bringing the kiddos (9 and 10) afterall. How do I add two more?

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting many of you this coming weekend.

d
'93 Ski Nautique Black/Teal
'77 Ski Nautique. Loved it. Let it Go.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 10:29am
At this point in time guys, just come and find one of the three of us (Moj, 81' Nautique, Raindog)and you can settle up with us then, no problem. Look forward to meeting you all.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 10:34am

At this point in time guys, just come and find one of the three of us (Moj, 81' Nautique, Raindog)and you can settle up with us then, no problem. Look forward to meeting you all.

Moj'

What Mojo said, If you're coming Friday night check in at the pop up tent to get your registration packet, you can settle up with the lovely ladies then if you have additional guests. Shirts will also be for sale on site both nights.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 10:39am
Looks like the weather is going to cooperate for the weekend. Chance of some thunder bumpers on Thursday & Friday but nice after that.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/green-lake-wi/54941/weekend-weather/23847_pc
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 10:45am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate for the weekend. Chance of some thunder bumpers on Thursday & Friday but nice after that.

Lord I hope so...I'm so sick of rain down here in GA. It's rained just about everyday since mid June. Heck I feel like I'm in Fla but w/o the beach. Is the Sun still up there?

**edit**

BTW...the many posts about how to get there has this Southern boy all confused... Jackie and I are driving up from Milwaukee so should I just plan on taking 894/45 North to 41 North to 23 west?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 10:51am
Wow, good luck to the Doc and Nurse – sounds like they are the first ones to officially embark - I am no expert on that drive but sure seems like dinner in Memphis, and maybe overnight before St. Louis so you could check out the gateway arch in the morning wouldn’t be horrible ideas. But, I guess not everyone gets as excited about seeing 600 plus feet of stainless steel as I do.

Safe travels to everyone, take her slow and steady as that makes it easier for the rest of the travelers to check out your boats!

My boat chose Sunday to decide that it wanted two new expensive batteries, I think she was angry that I wouldn’t buy her the shiny new prop she wanted. Hopefully I will get them chased down during lunch, figure if I skip the company clam bake tonight I will be back on schedule in no time flat. Either way vacation starts in under 8 hours, see you all soon!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 10:55am
Weather that you should be used to Tim,752am ,77 degrees ,100% humidity. Supposed to be 91 today
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 11:38am
Hey dudes, Sorry I've been so darn busy and the wedding I have to go to nailing down if I can make it. Confirmed I will be rolling in there later Wednesday night. That being said, I am going to offer anything pre purchased and brought to the show or sold at the show a 18% Discount. Wooo Who. I need to plan better for next season :).

Mr. Mars and Benjamin talked me into making a fast trip Sans boat so I will be bumming rides all weekend hopefully payment in beer for fuel is accepted .
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 11:39am
Billy called a little while ago. They left LA last night and drove straight thru the night. They were around 200 miles from Chitown.

Sounds like he should have been a truck driver!   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 11:57am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Confirmed I will be rolling in there later Wednesday night. Mr. Mars and Benjamin talked me into making a fast trip Sans boat so I will be bumming rides all weekend hopefully payment in beer for fuel is accepted .

I just left you a message at N3. We're rolling out of CT this afternoon to JoeinNY's, and should be swinging through Chicago late afternoon on Wed. If that coincides with your travel plans, you can join the caravan. Give me a call on my cell either way!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 11:58am
Party time! What time do you think you will be rolling into the I 80 area?

Scratch that just talked on the phone!

I am planning on bringing some service parts along impellers all that jazz for the just in case. Anyone have any other ideas of things they might like to see or check out? Anyone I have been working with that wants to save shipping?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1011121314 21>
  Share Topic