NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2013,, We're Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 21>
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 1:39pm
Quinners radio is weak! I could hardly hear it two boats back running 30 mph ;).
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

HAHA nice eye Joel. The pics and video I posted so far were shot with a GoPro Hero 3 Black.

Zing!

What glass are you running on the 5D?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 2:02pm
What an awesome weekend for us newly weds! The Mars family had a great weekend and couldn't think of a better way to spend our honeymoon!

It's always great to see our friends from various parts of the country and meet new CCFans.

Thanks to all those who help put this thing together. We all really appreciate your hard work in bringing us together and letting us enjoy the weekend with no real planning.

I'll share whats on my phone but I spent most the weekend with a cold beverage in hand so it's a pretty small album.

Dexter, IA contingent ready to leave. We did have to change a tire before we really hit the road which didn't look promising. Guess thats what I get for trying to clean up the chrome wheels!

Seems like there were plenty of blue boats this year! 01 and 78 stopped for a doggy bio break.

PicturePat towing the 78. As you can tell, we have our priorities straight...boats get cleaned before tow vehicles.

Co-pilots (Katie and Piper) alert and ready for GL13

We can't thank Alan enough for bringing his bug fogger. This was the scene when we arrived Wednesday night and the headlights on the trucks were 10x worse. Bugs chased us out of the campground to the Goose Blind asap. Thanks again to Alan for saving us from the bugs!

Looks like a little fun to be had...

Following Kid Rock (Quinner) to the bay.

Big and little Brother. My 78 Tique ran a respectable 53.4 with TRBenj at the helm and 3 wide in the back. We'll squeeze some more speed out of her with a bigger carb. Tim's boat ran great all weekend when it wasn't tied to anchors.

Adam vs the world....

"Wait, you're telling me if I drink all this alcohol listed on the card you'll give me a free t-shirt?! Sounds like a win, win deal to me!" -Adam Dean.

After Adam started drinking his was around the world I asked the bar tender how many people actually accomplish this feat. He said most groups will take on the challenge or people will finish it over the course of a summer or long weekend. Adam=2 hours!

Winner....

Reid and Tim

Laurie and Adam (Still upright)

Alan & Dana's giving the sport a workout

Mrs. Mars and I enjoying the clear water and a long boat ride.

Frankenotter 176 - Awesome machine you have there! Wish we could have put it through it's paces in the course.

Dean's machine with Gun-Driver and Paul & Marge Morris!

Brian Harlan in our 78 Tique.

Headed back from the bay

Best in Class Pics
Jeff -70's. Beautiful boat!

Gary-60's. Absolutely awesome to see this boat in person and know it's transformation from the grave. Nicely done Gary!

Paul - 80's. You're welcome again for tracking this boat down for you! Thanks again for letting Zoe and I reminisce on the old days!

Steve - 90's. Awesome boat! Wish we could have gotten out with you guys for some footing.

The Roswell trailer. Brian's set-up is absolutely sick!

Adam Dean still rocking his 'free' shirt with drink in hand and the rest of the CCFan clan at the park.

Our co-pilots weren't so enthusiastic on the way home. Thanks to everyone for wearing them out!

Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

HAHA nice eye Joel. The pics and video I posted so far were shot with a GoPro Hero 3 Black.

Zing!

What glass are you running on the 5D?

15mm fisheye, 35 f/1.4L, and 70-200 f/2.8 IS Mk2

1999 Ski Nautique 196
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 2:36pm
Haha the sleeping dogs kinda says it all- looks like a great time
This is the life
85nautiquematt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85nautiquematt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 5:12pm
Now, 87 blue/gray Nautique matt, the gathering was excellent and I had a great time and lots of smiles!!! Thanks to all that put this event together,The Sat night diner was great !! well done!! - I'll be there next year.
JoeNY with that blue Ski Nautique really cranks and I'm still smiling after several full throttle runs, I'll never forget the sound and the brute acceleration !!
Nothin like the sound of a mid 80's Nautique at mid throttle.
FloridaMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloridaMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 5:46pm
Thanks to all for making us newbies welcome. Awesome weekend! Looking forward to seeing many of you again next year and/or at St. Johns in the spring.

It is a tough act to follow after all the great photos posted, but here are a few more of the parade.

'12 SNCB - FL
'95 SNCB - WI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloridaMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 5:50pm
In everyone of these bay photos, I see something new each time I look at them. Great party!

'12 SNCB - FL
'95 SNCB - WI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloridaMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 6:00pm
We ventured out on Sunday, only saw a couple of CCFanners. We finished our tour of the lake and were looking forward to the concert in the bay until Mother Nature took over.

For those of you that were smart enough to leave Sunday alone, here is a portion of what you missed.

We were pleasantly surprised to find a slalom course.

Time to leave the bay!

Wet ride home, even under the bimini.

Bye, Green Lake.
'12 SNCB - FL
'95 SNCB - WI
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 6:31pm

WOW great photo's keep them coming....

Mojo your boat looks great...

Missed seeing everyone this year, but looked liked everyone enjoyed
the event.....

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 6:56pm
Wow!! I'm sure glad everyone had a great time. Sorry I missed it.

Did I notice someone with a tube in their boat? We had better give him the link "get the kids out on the skis" thread!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 7:29pm
Great pics. I'll cast my absentee ballot vote for Best In Class-Classic Glass for the Torino, What a Beauty!
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Did I notice someone with a tube in their boat? We had better give him the link "get the kids out on the skis" thread!

Pete, We had a tube for the dog to float on in the bay. If any ccfans were tubing they were pretty stealthy about it.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I believe the only way it could have been better is if you were there. I missed you and I know I wasn't alone.
I wanted to offer you a ride on my PWC!!!

A huge thank you to everyone in attendance for the friendship and the rides. The reunion was one of those rare experiences that will be with me until the lights go out for the last time.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 8:52pm
What struck me as significant was how 4 generations of ages got along so well. What a party!

Hats off to the organizers!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 8:57pm
Great pics!! Adam, I am proud of you!! You stole that shirt!
Js
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 9:24pm
In spite of the weather this was one of the best ever,great to meet the new faces that go with the screen names and our old familer friends. We don't have many pictures,we keep saying we need a new camera,most likely would have gotten sidetracked anyway--

Since Pete forfeited his Tube Crown by a no show we have a new winner who will be hard to beat,not to mention some fine PBR shorts!

Jim and Linda Fischer,oldyeller,with their Torino

Tim and Reid out for a Torino ride

Correct crafts to the left and right of us

The "Q"

Sunday night at the goose with "Killer"

and finally just one of those who gave their life for our fun

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Since Pete forfeited his Tube Crown by a no show we have a new winner who will be hard to beat

Honestly, guys I have NO idea how that thing got tied to my boat!

...Dang it Ried, you promised no one would find out!!!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 10:29pm
Red tube, Red boat...

Your trying to tell us this is just a coincidence?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 10:31pm
The way I remember it was Steve going boat to boat with tube under his arm asking for pulls.

That's just how I remember.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2013 at 11:24pm
Here is Zoe and Chris with their class winning trophy. Check out Zoe's
top,it matches her ice cream.

And last but not least,Alan receiving "Best of Show" from the Master of Ceremonies,Dave "Mojo" Dorsen.

Thanks to everyone,it was a great reunion

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 2:11am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Where's the pics????!!!! It's 3/4 through Friday already.

Agreed. Major fail on the pics so far.

Major fail on attending this year.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 2:13am
What a great weekend. I only took a few pics, I was having to much fun to stop and document. Thanks to all that made it possible

My Highlights
-The boats
-Being first out Having Norwegian bay to ourselves with glass water at 7:30 Saturday morning (who would of thought I was the hardcore water sports guy in the group.)
-Getting to see my son Austin slalom ski, wake skate and wake surf on the same weekend
-Skiing behind Davidg's Southwind (second time in ten years for me on ski's) and then pulling Dave and his son Tom double.
-Seeing old friends
-Getting to meet the Boat Doctor, Karen, Lewy and my off topic friends John B and Hansel.
-Saturday night dinner with diggit and his family.
-While looking at the 48 utility the kids that came with the boat where trying to get a wake board pull behind it from the lifting ring. They were debating whether it would cause damage. I was sure Pete was having a heart attack somewhere so I offered to pull them with my 2001, the kids were happy and Austin and I were offered a ride in the 48 in exchange ( I would have done it without the trade but I sure did not turn it down. What an incredible boat. The kids skills were exceeded only by their politeness and appreciation. I think they each thanked me three separate times.
-Having David G, Johnb, Hansel and myself around a campfire and the name Obama was never mentioned.
-The boat parade. Coolest thing ever...again.
-Quinner blasting I shot the sheriff with his speakers aimed at the local water patrol while waiting for the parade to start.
-Volunteering to help park boats at the legion. It was fun to play a small part and meet so many people as they arrived.

Austins highlights,
-The ride in the 48
-A ride with Joe from New York (like a jet ski)
-Surfing behind Alan and Dana's 200

Alans trailer queen

It was great to see Alan win the triple crown (best in class, Best in show, and the special most dedicated award) I think he also could have recieved the most frustrated award to be that close but unable to get the hurricane on the water for the weekend.

The 48 utility

David G with Jamin spotting preparing to pull Tom on the wakeboard

Tired but happy campers

In The name of full disclosure Rory is my son Austins dog, not mine. She is very sweet and well behaved for being less than 6 months old.

Thanks everyone for the great time. CCfans are the best.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 2:22am
Candice and I had a great time and it was nice getting together with old friends and meeting new. I am sure I missed a few people but there is always next time.

Thanks again to the organizers and those that traveled great distances to make this weekend what it was.

We took a few pictures and will post them but there are far better ones coming from the camera gurus.

Does anybody know the owners/forum name/phone number of the 88 2001 grey/blue boat? Somebody grabbed their goggles when the ropes had to be surgically removed from quinner's boat. The goggles ended up in our boat and I would like to get them returned.

-Kurt
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 5:07am
Great times had by all I see.
And thanks for the great pictures. Wish I could have been there!

One thing I noticed in the pictures: Reid has grown even more hair!!

Oh, and Steve, don't mind about the tube. It's used in the correct way: as a sun deck...
That's the way my wife uses it

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 9:59am
CLASS WINNERS GL 2103

Pre 1960: Alan's Hurricane
1961-1969: Gary Star's Mustang
1970-1981: Jeff Gamble's 77 Nautique
1982-1989: Paul & Jen Sandstrom's Nautique
1990-1999: Steve Skutsch's Sport Nautique
2000-2013: Chris Mars Nautique
Best Engine: Tim B's 79' BFN
Best Of Show: Alan's Hurricane
Most Dedicated: Our's truely 81' Nautique (Magicman)!!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 10:10am
Another awesome Green Lake Reunion.

Highlights:-

All the cc's milling around the launch area before heading out on the parade.

The Hurricane!!!

Getting to drive Doc Time. Thanks Billy!!!!!!!!

Catching up with lots of fans new and old

Driving Jim's Torino.

A ride in that wild Barefoot. Thanks Tim

Seeing 2 props changed with boats still in the water. (Pete will have to revise his lapping video)

Meeting the renowned Jackie Deen and Adam. (Jackie he is definitely a chip of the old block).

Putting some names and faces to forum names. Especially Gun Driver

Skutch's amazing tubing. Pete he may be a threat!!!!

Regrets:

Not closing the Goose with Lori.

Missing the Bible readings with Randy's boys.

Quinners run of luck. (he never stopped being that larrikin Chris though)

Not catching up long enough with everyone I hoped too. OMH Dave

The rain on Sunday.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Skutch's amazing tubing. Pete he may be a threat!!!!

et tu Lewy!
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 10:28am
WOW....again GL was AWESOME! great to see everone and catch up. to many highlights to list this year and SOOOO many great boats(to bad the water pump was bad in mine)to see and ride in!....keeps getting better!...after 8 years of going to GL i think this had the biggest variety of boats to date!......Thx Dave(Mojo)/Alan(81nautique)/ steve(Raindog) for putting this all together again! AWESOME!!

Can't wait until next year!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 10:38am
Well..........................
If you see a sleeping person or dog alike, it sums up only one thing: EPIC WEEKEND !!!!

For 7 years we have tried to put our heads together and come up with fun new ideas on keeping the reunions interesting and fun. I've got to say, I'm not sure what else we can do to top this one !!! We strived to make the most stress free, food friendly, kid friendly,, well OK, beer friendly event that we could.. We saw more smiling faces than anything else, and to us it makes it all worth while.. I think we hit the mark..

While Fri and Sat's weather was phenominal, and Sunday's weather chased most everyone home, we even really enjoyed the Garage Campfire to round out the weekend. Thanks to all of you that came over to lighten the kegs and to recap the weekend !!!

We know it's not an easy haul for most everyone that attends these gatherings, but just know we greatly appreciate the time and effort it takes to get to Green Lake.. My only regret is not being able to take more time to get to know all of you.. It was great to see old friends and get to meet so many new, great people..

Hope everyone made it back OK.. Keep the pics coming, as they only capture a small fraction of this EPIC WEEKEND..

Thanks Alan, Dana, Steve, De, Carrie and the girls..... You are the "Schnizle" !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 21>
  Share Topic