NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2013,, We're Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1617181920 21>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 10:56am
great weekend everyone, this year was right up there as one of our better GL reunions. The weather was hot and sticky early but Saturday was spectacular.

Sunday was going to be a work on the Hurricane day but the rain made sure that boat was not going to get on the lake. I'm going to stop referring to it as the Hurricane, it is now a Tropical Depression. LOl. Joe got the only 100 yard ride in it before Tim B had to come to the rescue and tow us back in. I was disappointed for the scores of people that really wanted to go for a ride in it but it will run soon and we'll get you next time.

Thanks to everyone that helped out in so many ways, I won't run a list of names because I will forget someone but we appreciate every little thing that was done right down to the silly blow up toys for the kids. Our purple alien rode on the tower for 2 days and rode shotgun with Dana on the ride home last night.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 11:14am
Welp, back here in the shop on Tuesday morning and I have bug bites on ever possible surface I can see and I am sun burnt. But all this was completely worth it. I got to meet people I have talked to and learned from for many years and it was nice to finally put faces with names. I have never met a more accepting group of people at one time in my whole life.

I want to thank everyone for welcoming me and I feel I have shorted myself for not coming to an event prior to this one. Even though I had a short fast trip it was freakin awesome. In checking out every boat there it's clear that all these guys are not just boat enthusiasts but true skilled artists.

I didn't get to ride in every boat but Joe's is a rocket ship, Tim's is like a high speed missile, and Chris' Tique is a little hot rod. I want to especially thank Chris for his hospitality in letting me drive and wrench on the Tique all weekend and letting my drive the bell of the ball 01 ski.

I actually had almost as much fun wrenching on stuff all weekend than actually boating!! We all came together and got Quinner back on the water.

I left before I got to see Alan's amazing Hurricane run the water again. It was a great privilege to see a boat of that caliber move under its own power once again.

Great thanks to all the guys who put this together! What an experience bringing together all these people. Tim explained to me that meeting all these new people in person for the first time would be like meeting up with old friends you have known for years which is exactly the way I felt about everyone I got a chance to meet.

From the boats to the people to the dogs that was one of the most fun weekends I have had in a long time. To top it off I got to finish my first deep water long line start Sunday evening with your very own Hollywood behind the wheel of my 86.

Thanks again to everyone and I am looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 11:57am
Looks like such a great weekend! So sorry I missed it but so glad it was such a success. Seems like Zach and others got a chance to experience the magic the meeting fellow CCF'ers for the first time, and feeling like you've know them a lifetime.

Dave, Alan and their families have done such a wonderful job creating this World Wide event. I remember driving into Green Lake for the first time seven years ago not knowing what to expect. The people you meet, the families you get to know and the friendships you make are truly amazing.

I was really looking forward to attending Green Lake this year, simply as an attendee. Would have loved a ride in many of those boats, the woodies along with Chris' amazing 01 that's currently on homepage the of CCF. So glad to see Lewy, Brian and family, Doc and Karen making the trip. Missed everyone and can't believe how grow up all the kids look in the photos ... makes me feel so old.

Keep posting the photos and set aside the good ones for when I make my annual request for calendar shots.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 12:14pm
Another epic weekend in Green Lake! We had a great time. A big thanks to Alan, Dave, Steve and their families for putting this together once again. It was great seeing old friends and meeting new friends that seemed like old ones.

Highlights:
-Participating in the parade for the first time! (I somehow always seem to miss this)
-Seeing Quinner pulled over on the way out.
-Quinner blasting "I shot the sheriff" at the sheriff while gathering for the parade.
-Catching up with Lewy
-seeing all of Reid's new hair!
-Jim and Linda from Houghton lake, MI., wonderful people with a beautiful boat from my summer lake growing up. (I need to get back up there next year... I'll look you guys up for sure)
-New owners of the ice cream shop (but I kinda miss the grumpy old owners...)
-Seeing the Hurricane completed
-Seeing Doc and Karen again
-Meeting so many new faces

Regrets:
-The ride home (over 12 hours)I thought by leaving Sunday I would avoid the traffic. Wrong! Maybe I should have just stayed another day...
-Not getting out to the Goose Saturday night (I was too tired from the previous two nights!)
-Walking(stumbling)to the Green Lake Inn from the Goose Thursday
-Not sedating Paula and throwing her in the back of the boat. (she had some real regrets for not coming after seeing the pics above, swears she will not miss out next time)

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 12:21pm
Keith, if I have the 86 up next time you're more than welcome to drive it!! I like the idea of that anyone that is there is capable of hopping in any truck or boat and hitting the water.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

For 7 years we have tried to put our heads together and come up with fun new ideas on keeping the reunions interesting and fun. I've got to say, I'm not sure what else we can do to top this one !!!

Cant disagree there! Dave, major kudos to you, Steve and Alan for pulling off such a great event. We all appreciate the time and effort!

Great boats, great people- new faces and old friends alike- and we even got a glimpse of what Wisconsin is like with temps above 80 degrees (who knew?). Epic about sums it up!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 12:53pm
Did anyone get a video of Tim or Joe's boats in action? I was hoping to watch a video of them, over and over.....
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Did anyone get a video of Tim or Joe's boats in action? I was hoping to watch a video of them, over and over.....

I haven't seen any yet, but maybe this 16 seconds will help you get a fix...

and
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 1:32pm

Thanks Chris for spotting and letting me drive your boat. Really glad to finally meet the man who talked me into buying the 176!!!

Quinner's ski show

The boat show

1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 1:36pm

Great looking boat (and engine) Gary. Really good to meet you!

The slalom course. I totally owned that first buoy on the right. The other ones....not so much.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 1:41pm
I don't know if any of you noticed, but Allen brought a 1955 Hurricane. It looked like a sweet boat for tubing.

Congrats for all the awards and a beautiful boat!!!

1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 1:43pm

1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 1:44pm
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 1:53pm
Great pictures and looks like a great time! What did Alan do with the Hurricane while everyone was out on the lake?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Great pictures and looks like a great time! What did Alan do with the Hurricane while everyone was out on the lake?

Bruce, we got it up to speed Thursday but it ran up to 200 degrees so we shut it off. Saturday am I rerouted the intake hoses after some ccfan discussion but the problem persisted. After that there really wasn't much time to work on it with everything going on so it sat on the trailer the rest of the weekend. I will say our 100 yard boat ride on plane was pretty rewarding and the crowd at the campground seemed to approve the noise coming out of it, it's going to run real nice once we figure out the issue.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Here's a few I took over the weekend. A few of Tim's BFN, the 78 and the Hurricane.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Welp, back here in the shop on Tuesday morning and I have bug bites on ever possible surface I can see and I am sun burnt. But all this was completely worth it. I got to meet people I have talked to and learned from for many years and it was nice to finally put faces with names. I have never met a more accepting group of people at one time in my whole life.

Thanks again to everyone and I am looking forward to seeing you all soon!

hey Zach,
it was great to finally meet you. Hope you made it back OK and the wedding was a good reason to miss the rest of the reunion...
The N3 swag was a hit with the kids, as well as the post pads.. Thanks again for participating. Thank the guys in the front office.. Hope to see you and your boat out next time..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 5:43pm
Where oh where to begin........

First of all, need to send a big thank you out to the organizers, Dave, Steve, Alan, Dana, anyone else who may have been behind the scenes, awesome job, as evidenced by all the prior testiomy and pics. I know I had an awesome time, even though I only skied twice, and now that I'm home I think one of those two dislocated my shoulder. The two days of agonizing pain I've been through are way worth the good times.

Now on to the fun...
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Adam vs the world....

"Wait, you're telling me if I drink all this alcohol listed on the card you'll give me a free t-shirt?! Sounds like a win, win deal to me!" -Adam Dean.

After Adam started drinking his was around the world I asked the bar tender how many people actually accomplish this feat. He said most groups will take on the challenge or people will finish it over the course of a summer or long weekend. Adam=2 hours!

Winner....

Laurie and Adam (Still upright)

Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Great pics!! Adam, I am proud of you!! You stole that shirt!

Adam 1, Goose Blind 0. Holla.
Although I might not suggest any of you well adjusted adults trying the around the world in 1 sitting...or standing...or apparently dancing. Kurt, you might not be a little girl anymore, you'll be a woman soon, haha.
And here's one more for good measure-

Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Dean's machine with Gun-Driver and Paul & Marge Morris!

What a treat it was to have Paul and Margie join us for the day on Saturday. If you didn't get a chance to sit and speak with them, wow, your loss. Two of the nicest and most interesting people with a TON of history and knowledge about boat building. So glad you decided to grace my boat for the day. Definitely and upgrade from the rifraf that normally inhabits it.

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

CLASS WINNERS GL 2103

Pre 1960: Alan's Hurricane
1961-1969: Gary Star's Mustang
1970-1981: Jeff Gamble's 77 Nautique
1982-1989: Paul & Jen Sandstrom's Nautique
1990-1999: Steve Skutsch's Sport Nautique
2000-2013: Chris Mars Nautique
Best Engine: Tim B's 79' BFN
Best Of Show: Alan's Hurricane
Most Dedicated: Our's truely 81' Nautique (Magicman)!!!

Moj' you forgot one...the write-in vote...Best Platform- Chris Quinner, proving once again what happens when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object.

Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Highlights:-

Meeting the renowned Jackie Deen and Adam. (Jackie he is definitely a chip of the old block).

Regrets:

Not closing the Goose with Lori.

Mark, meeting/hanging out with you was definitely one of my highlights, it was awesome you got to make the trip, and I can't thank you enough for your on the spot input to my timing questions. Hope to see you at the next one buddy!
And yes, if you ever think its a good idea to skip the goose, please see below.

Can't rave enough about the fun that was had, as well as the brain cells that were killed. Was great to meet everyone new, and of course, the standard crew never disappoints.

A big thank you to the gun-driver for pulling my boat out behind the french fry machine. We did end up throwing one tank of commoner fuel in before we got home, but that definitely cut down on the cost and hassle for us on the ride.

Did find a few pictures on my phone that some drunk guy must have taken...

The Tropical Storm, seriously impressive in person...I was fortunate enough to be one of those fools cheering from the dock.

Random shots of the bay

Then this happened. Is that a boat selling subs? YEP. $4 a piece? craziness. And someone posted a picture of Samantha the alien earlier, she was the best darn anchor marker I've ever had. Pretty sure she made it home tucked under the bow cusions

And then on Saturday night shlt got real at the goose...

Look at that form!

Until he broke it and it fell down to the floor...Chris Quinner, ladies and gentlemen, the weekend's big winner!

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 5:55pm
That last post took so long to cut and paste together, reading over it again here are some other thoughts on the week-

The boat show at the legion- awesome, my final count was 42, what did everyone else get?

The pig roast, awesome.

I learned that if Tim Benjamin tangles up his skis next to you, never voluntarily let him untangle them...take him down when you have the chance or he's coming for you.

If you're in the right convoy, it will take 45 minutes to get to the campground from the goose. And apparently, Reid is not in the mood to cuddle at 3am, at least not with me and Quinner.

Gary S's Mustang...awesome. Thanks for letting me drive it, that was a blast.

Jeff's 77, holy cow was that thing nice. It didn't matter if it was at the boat launch, the legion, or on the water, I just kept gravitating towards that thing. He may also have had the quote of the weekend...right after pulling into the launch we all wandered over for a look, me, Joe, Tim, Paul, Chris and just started poking around. Jeff wasn't even out of the truck yet. Walks back to the boat, we're already underneath the engine cover, hull, and seats and he says, "You guys just cost me thousands of dollars following your advice on how to fix it the right way, I'm not even parked and you're already tearing it apart!" Well, that is what we do. Was great to meet you and your dad.

To all the winners and their beautiful boats, congrats.

Somehow a half gallon of moonshine went untouched at our campground, sitting out in the open all weekend...if that's not a sign that you're already having too much fun, I don't know what is.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 6:35pm
Heyyy now!! Tim and I both took a little morning nip of that shine Adam.

Oh by the way, Thanks for letting us turn some wrenches on your boat too!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Heyyy now!! Tim and I both took a little morning nip of that shine Adam.

Oh by the way, Thanks for letting us turn some wrenches on your boat too!

yeah but those nips didn't dent the ole half gallon.

well that shows you how big of a richard I am, I should be thanking you guys for willing jumping in and grabbing wrenches when there was perfectly good beer to drink. Thanks guys.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 9:05pm
Don't know if we fixed much ;) haha.

Definitely steps in the right direction.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 9:05am
well after you left, Lewy looked up the accurate number in his owner manual (which naturally he brought with him) and told me it was supposed to be 5. We changed it on Sunday, right as the rain started, so I haven't had a chance to run it yet.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 9:32am
Gotcha, It read out 5 on the engine cover. I would imagine the over advance setting was causing the detonation at the end of the throttle range. Listen for that little crackle when you run it again and see if it went away.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 10:08am
I tried to post yesterday once I checked out of de-tox but locked up my computer so here's another attempt.

I can't say anything that hasn't been already said. This was my first Green Lake trip....”WOW” what a weekend!!!
It was so great to meet so many people that you feel you know even though we hadn’t really met.

I would like to throw a bone to Joe (in NY) he was always ready and willing to get his hands dirty.
When my truck acquired a phantom steering wobble on the trip up, Joe was on his back under the truck on the side of the road before I even got the hood up.
He was there helping Allen track down the cooling problem instead of being out on his boat.
After Quinner acquired the needed low pressure pump, Joe was there installing it.
When Gary had a no start problem at the sandbar, Joe got him underway again.
Those are just the jobs I witnessed. Thanks Joe

Truck's external temp on Wed. coming through Chi-Town

The advance party arrival

Frustration

Joe keeping an eye on Allen

Under its own power

The advance party scoping out the sandbar

Getting ready for line up

Best bimini

The pilfered shot ski

The party

We did actually do some boarding

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 11:18am
Great pics guys... Looks like yall had a lot of fun.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 6:40pm
Lee you definitely need to make the trip up sometime!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 6:49pm
I forgot the pic of my favorite new thing (aren't you glad I am not Anthony Wiener!)

Man these are beautiful Alan. I picked it up at the Legion Friday and had it installed before I left the lot.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 6:55pm
Alan, Did you notice that Rory has the hurricanes arrow motif on her nose?

1987 Ski Nautique

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Lee you definitely need to make the trip up sometime!

I sure will Dave. Would love to meet the gang sometime. I have looked at 1 boat this yr and nothing worthy. Just going to sit this summer out.

If I do come one year, towing a boat would be rough so would have to plan to fly in and rent a car or something, and ride in your pretty blue correct craft. You have done a wonderful job on restoring your boat. Looks awesome. Whoever took all those pictures did better than last year. Great job guys.

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1617181920 21>
  Share Topic