Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2013,, We're Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021>
Author
diggit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 1:38am
Great to meet many of you last weekend at my first reunion! It was great to chat with some folks and get to know you a little bit, and I definitely appreciated the advice on boat stuff as I worked around the crowd Saturday afternoon. I'm looking forward to many more, and next time (thanks to some of that advice) coming with a cleaner boat :)

LOVE the photos everyone! Frankenotter yours KILL. Mine (only a few) coming in a sec.

'93 Ski Nautique Black/Teal
'77 Ski Nautique. Loved it. Let it Go.
diggit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 1:47am
Loved that F250 so much had to get in the shot too.

My youngest, daisy, camming it up at the Friday show.

Boat parade amassing.

Photo on photo action.

Dragonfly on dragonfly action.
'93 Ski Nautique Black/Teal
'77 Ski Nautique. Loved it. Let it Go.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 10:02am
Was I the only one that got a pic of Pete swooping in front of Boat Dr. at the last minute to lead the parade to Norwegian bay?

I guess his training schedule did not allow him time to stop and chat, but it was nice of him to make an appearance and keep his attendance streak alive.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 10:29am
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by diggit diggit wrote:

Great to meet many of you last weekend at my first reunion! It was great to chat with some folks and get to know you a little bit, and I definitely appreciated the advice on boat stuff as I worked around the crowd Saturday afternoon. I'm looking forward to many more, and next time (thanks to some of that advice) coming with a cleaner boat :)

LOVE the photos everyone! Frankenotter yours KILL. Mine (only a few) coming in a sec.

Thanks Dug!!!

I was looking for you out at N Bay. I was going to offer you a ride so you could see your manifolds in action but I couldn't find you. It may have been the beer and excessive sun that slowed me down a bit.

Cheers bud!
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Was I the only one that got a pic of Pete swooping in front of Boat Dr. at the last minute to lead the parade to Norwegian bay?

I guess his training schedule did not allow him time to stop and chat, but it was nice of him to make an appearance and keep his attendance streak alive.

Nice looking good Pete but you have to work on your form. You have to keep your head lower to the tube and keep your center of gravity lower for those tight circles.

Skutch runs a tube school here in WI. Talk to him about some lessons.

(Going to hell for this one)
1999 Ski Nautique 196
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 2:48pm
Good pictures dudes.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

Skutch runs a tube school here in WI. Talk to him about some lessons.

Wonder who that "skutch" guy is, his screen name is pretty close to mine. I'll have to meet him. Heard his tube school is only for dogs...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Heard his tube school is only for dogs...

No Steve, the tube school is going to the dogs
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 5:38pm
I heard it was "FLY" hahahaha... Yeah like the dogs picked out the matching tube color doh'..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 7:29pm

Don't worry I think you will have some company. I suspect 40-50 years from now we will be able to hold a pretty respectable mini down there. Of course It will be hell, so we will all be driving Mastercrafts.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 7:36pm
Hahahahaha

Good stuff.

Poor Steve.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 9:09pm
Just realized I had this on my phone. The shorter of the 2 runs, but mildly entertaining.

800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Don't worry I think you will have some company. I suspect 40-50 years from now we will be able to hold a pretty respectable mini down there. Of course It will be hell, so we will all be driving Mastercrafts.

There might be a slight water shortage.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 11:45pm
Finally back in Australia. That 14 hour leg from San Fran. to Sydney is a killer. A bit fuzzy today still (Friday). I missed Wednesday altogether left SF on Tue 23rd 1030pm arrived in Sydney Thursday 25th at 630am.

Pictures are great this year and the almost official photographers, Picture Pat and Foot still have not posted their's.

Tim I think Foot has some video of a "shot ski" run also.

Frankenotter, Chris? I think I may helped you with the steering cable on your 176, not sure if I caught up with you at GL. That is a shame would have loved a ride in that 176. Your pictures are amazing the colours are so vibrant.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 1:21am
Thanks Mark!!! We talked a little bit but yes you certainly did help me a lot with that steering cable issue.

It's awesome and crazy that there were so many people at GL. Next year I promise to take more pictures and give more rides.

I tried as hard as possible to meet everyone and I still came up short. What a great group of people. I was only at the lake for 10min before 6+ people were helping me troubleshoot my engine problems.

I somehow benefitted from Quinners lack of a running boat by robbing him blind of parts. Quinner I owe you yet again for saving the day bud!!!! I don't even want to know how I can pay you back. I might need to go to church first.

I'm still working on some panoramic shots I took at N-bay.

Cheers!

1999 Ski Nautique 196
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 10:08am
Quinner accepts all forms of payment!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Quinner accepts all forms of payment!

True!!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 11:05am
Glad to hear everyone is back home safe and sound. With relatively minimal amounts of boat carnage.   I would definitely say it was the best Green Lake reunion I have attended yet! I thought the weather was about as perfect as could be, maybe a little bit of wind the first two days but it gave us time to crawl around the boats on land and at the sand bar. Saturday was pretty near perfect weather, and even Sunday provided a great morning for water sports before the rain came down. Just all around a great time!

Many thanks to my travel companions, my boating companions, camping companions, watersports companions, dinner companions, drinking companions, bearing repacking companions, and of course the Dorsen, Arrighi, and the Evans Clans for their most excellent planning activities. Because as those who have met me know… I ain’t to bright and I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills – skills I have acquired over a very long career.   Skills ideally suited to an experience like the green lake reunion, and without all the people to share the experience it just wouldn’t be the same.

Seriously, though I had a ton of fun, It was a blast to reunite with old friends, I was lucky enough to meet the many new faces (and promptly forget the many new names- sorry – I’ll remember what boat you belong to though) and sorry to have missed quite a few people that I had on my list to meet.   But there is always next time for the new faces to become old friends, and the missed connections to become new friends. Keep the pictures coming, I love seeing what was going on when I had my head turned the other way.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

But what I do have are a very particular set of skills – skills I have acquired over a very long career.   Skills ideally suited to an experience like the green lake reunion, and without all the people to share the experience it just wouldn’t be the same.

Raise your hand if you HAVEN'T benefitted from Joe's particular set of skills...nobody? Didn't think so.

Would be fun to count the vehicles on this trip alone that Joe was in/under/working on.
In as close to an order as I can think of-
Paul's truck
The tropical storm
Quinners
Joe's trailer bearings
I'm sure he played with his own boat at some point

and that's just what I saw
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 2:47pm
I was thinking more along the lines of eating, drinking, barhopping, hanging out at a sandbar, pushing new watersports upon the semi-willing and generally burning the recreational candle at both ends skills myself. Although I do appreciate that I was able to approach a few really nice boats with borrowed wrenches and not be thrown off over the weekend- I was not by a long shot the only or most successful fixer of others boats over the weekend. All just part of the correctcraft fan experiece.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 3:05pm
Worst place and best place to break down, looked like a Nascar pit stop, Joe tows me in Thurs PM, Zach is diagnosing first thing Fri AM, I run up to Fremont for parts, Joe installs new LP Fuel pump and I am back on the water before Noon.
Thanks Joe, Zach and all the other helping hands!!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 3:25pm
Chris, good to see you in that boat. Was it in the witness protection program?
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

...pushing new watersports upon the semi-willing...

Now, now there Joe. I certainly resemble that comment; however, so do you. I saw your expression when Harlan asked "when are you going to do your first SkySki invert?" An uneasy grin and eyes looking downward and away isn't exactly a non-verbal "Hells Yeah!"

You gonna land it this weekend? You were damn close on the first backflip attempt.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

You gonna land it this weekend? You were damn close on the first backflip attempt.

I would love to try.. but I have the tough mudder to run on saturday and have to fly to chicago sunday for a quick one day business trip. Out of the country visitors are coming back from Chicago with me on Monday and here the following week. Best case scenario I should have some video of the next attempts next weekend.

Not sure tired, hungover, and with a 800 plus mile drive staring me down was the best way to make my first attempts.. but sure glad I did it and many thanks to Brian for talking me through it and you guys for providing the moral support.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 7:20pm
Joe, I think your boat has enough pull to send that sky ski about 1000 feet in the air!!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 7:54pm
He bailed me out on Saturday too,Thanks Joe. It would have been a long tow or paddle thats for sure. Turns out I have two dead cells
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Turns out I have two dead cells

I lose that many every minute!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 8:23pm
It's Friday everyone is loosing some cells.

No crap though I've seen some dead cells in batteries do some weeeeeeeeeeeeeird stuff.

Old Dakota r/t the dome lights were so bright they looked like LEDS and it flipped all the gauges completely backwards. Assuming it reversed polarity.

The thing I liked most about being at GL was you could toss the keys to the boat or the truck/trailer to anyone there and have complete confidence they knew what they were doing.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 9:29pm
Sure, that Swim platform on the blue boat looked exactly like that guy knew what he was doing.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic