NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2013,, We're Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 21>
Author
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2013 at 9:58am
Rick, They ski on a couple of different rivers in Sydney. The Nepean, Georges and Hawkesbury rivers.

They get quite crowded but as the season is coming to a close the numbers thin out. Tamworth is about 450klms from Sydney. When are you heading downunder? Maybe you could get up Tamworth while in the great Southern Land.

GL 2013 is still on my radar. Will most likely be a last minute call on attending. Would love to see the Hurricane in person now it is completed. I remember what it looked like back at GL 2009.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 8:44pm
With ice out so late, should we start a pool as to whether or not Pete gets in the water?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 11:38am
What's this???? John B is going to come up and have some fun.... WITHOUT a BOAT???? What's this?? The Mustang won't make the trip?? What gives John??

Oh and yes, there's still some ice on Big Green..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 11:40am
I offered john some boat time with Austin and I. DavidG is already calling us the odd couple.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

What's this???? John B is going to come up and have some fun.... WITHOUT a BOAT???? What's this?? The Mustang won't make the trip?? What gives John??

I was thinking of warning everyone to start a savings fund for wetsuits if you don't have them - but the way things are going drysuits might be the choice....
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by 800wildcat 800wildcat wrote:

I was thinking of warning everyone to start a savings fund for wetsuits if you don't have them - but the way things are going drysuits might be the choice....

Not to worry Dan, the sand bar will be warm enough to stand knee deep. Its after a few beers is when one will get the chills...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 2:16pm
Maybe not for Pete - we might need to look for some insulated waders for him....
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 1:09am

Originally posted by 800wildcat 800wildcat wrote:

Not to worry Dan, the sand bar will be warm enough to stand knee deep. Its after a few beers is when one will get the chills...

Big plans, small execution.
I do want to meet some fans and examine the plastic (and some VERY special wood). Boats, Quinner, boats.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2013 at 9:25pm
If any out-of-stater's have a need for more speed after we get off the water, this is a very cool race - not too far from Green lake. I might take it in myself.

The Hawk
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2013 at 11:04am
2 months!!!!!!!!
1987 Ski Nautique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

2 months!!!!!!!!

That's right Dave !!! Summer is here and we have a couple months to go.. The reunion is shaping up nicely.

With what we think is the perfect place to hold the boat show Friday, we've also now included the help of the fine people of the Legion hall to have available grilled comfort food like brats and burgers for sale, which will be a welcome sight as we check out all of the amazing boats that will be on display..

Alan is putting the final touches on the Hurricane, and the Promo's will be there in full force as well.. With the new boardwalk addition to the park, new venue for the show, a great meal plan for Sat night (lakeside), this year will be very special..

I see some of the CCfan contingents from the South and East have signed up for another great GL event. It will be great to see them again..

So, lets get the chatter started.. Who's coming, who hasn't registered yet, and "WHATCHA BRING'N"

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 1:39pm
I'm ready...but not the PROMO...
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 1:40pm
Ok Moj, I am registered. Looking forward to the weekend!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

+1
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 1:57pm

I'm ready...but not the Hurricane.

Seems like a common theme this year.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 2:01pm
I'll Climb on that bandwagon,

I'm ready...but not the '63 Ski
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

+1

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I'm ready...but not the Hurricane.

Seems like a common theme this year.

X3    73 is still apart..
I did order my new replacement exhaust manifolds this morning tho!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 2:03pm
Duck tape them up boys and get them to the dance !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 2:06pm

Duck tape them up boys and get them to the dance !!!

That was expensive duct tape! $$$$$   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 4:02pm
I'm not ready nor my '90 SNOB nor the camp's SkiTique.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 4:48pm
Sounds like we need to quit yapping on here and get to work.

House project, wedding and work are in my way. It'll get done one way or another. I have materials so that's a start!
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 4:53pm
Which duct tape do you guys like better? Silver cloth or foil
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Behl Behl wrote:

Which duct tape do you guys like better? Silver cloth or foil

Depends on what needs fix'n and how fancy your boat is.
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 5:06pm
I prefer to show up with my junk still broken and get it fixed there at GL.    That way I know it's fixed right, plus Joe, Tim and some of the others get bored if they don't have something to work on.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I prefer to show up with my junk still broken and get it fixed there at GL.    That way I know it's fixed right, plus Joe, Tim and some of the others get bored if they don't have something to work on.
Now that sounds like a plan. If they do get bored they could come by my place - I could keep them busy for far more than a weekend.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 8:00pm
Just got back from the painter, fab work is done and trailer is sandblasted but not coated yet. I'll have it back next week sometime. Then I need to hustle and get it wired, etc. I still need to build a folding bow stop and guild poles. Then get the boat to the glass shop for a windshield, then I have an appointment June 22 to drop it off for a custom cover. I'm gonna have some loose ends and I think we will christin it at the campground boat ramp!

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 9:03pm
I am very excited about seeing it and I won't mind standing in line for a good look.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 9:06pm

I prefer to show up with my junk still broken and get it fixed there at GL.

But your boats are ready though,right Reid?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 9:11pm
Oh man, a broken junk joke and it wasn't initiated by (or directed at) Quinner? Everybody calm down!!!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2013 at 9:28pm

True, and true.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 21>
  Share Topic