Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Now I’ve seen everything

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now I’ve seen everything
    Posted: February-03-2006 at 11:00am
I don't know why this made me laugh so much but ....
Dog was barking; looked outside. Three guys were difting by fishing out of a pretty new Ski Naughtique (01 or 02 model). One was sitting on the back with his feet on the swim platform, one in the middle and one standing on the bow. They even had the no-slip tape on the bow for better traction! That is pretty cool.

I thought I was the only person that ownes a ski boat and loves to fish!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 11:55am
A couple of weeks ago my buddy was telling me about these guys on his lake that took a jet ski and took several trys to break up a path through some ice on the lake, which not all of the lake was frozen but a good section of it was and after he made the path they came back with ski boat and barefooters in tow and they where out there for about an hour foot'n in 30 degree weather.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 12:05pm

Have you ever noticed how much "HARDER" cold water is than warm water. Been there, done that (well, not to the point of chipping though the ice). Don't need that any more.

jimbo, Passed two guys standing on the deck of their vintage, Raysoncraft V-drive drag boat fishing. At least they were the first ones to the fishing hole.
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

At least they were the first ones to the fishing hole.

LOL That's what I thought with these guys. They'd get to where the fish are faster than a 115 HP outboard!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 12:19pm
Neighbor uses his 98 Air Nautique for fishing more than skiing/wakeboarding. Have one friend who put downriggers on his 01 MC Maristar. Takes all kinds. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 12:56pm
Now that's a way to kill the value of a boat at least it was a maristar and not a real boat.

You have to watch out for the boys with 175hp and up outboard they're easy to beat out of the hole but not so easy on the top end.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 1:13pm
Yea the guy with the Maristar is pretty well of. He's a fisherman at heart and owns a 45 footer for Ocean fishing. He used to have a dedicated fishing boat for lakes, but the kids are into tubing, boarding, etc. and so this was the accomodation.

Agreed on the outboards. Some of the guys with Bassboats out here will zoom by in excess of 75mph. Back six inches of the transom and the prop are about all that's in the water. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 1:21pm
there great on smooth water put can be death traps on rough water.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

there great on smooth water put can be death traps on rough water.

Thats no joke. I remember being out with my uncle in his bass boat. We put it in some really rough water one time. He did one big circle and put it back on the trailer. Those things are pretty fast once you get them up on plane thouhg. It feels like you are skipping across the water instead of floating in it.

I guess you could mount a trolling motor to the swim step and you would be money.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 1:47pm
About five years ago two guys were out in a bass boat at night (Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri), the Water Patrol later estimated they were doing about 55. They drove between a dock and the shore, their heads clipping the ramp to the dock. Very sad--two families without dads.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 2:08pm
Saw two guys going across the ice the other day with fishing poles on a skidoo....they were trolling.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 4:33pm
My idea on fish is; if ya wanna eat it get at McD's. That wat it comes ready to eat, no smelly work to do. Fishing in a Nautique??? Those guys should be arrested. I do agree with 79's comment on the mc.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
KyleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KyleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by jon4pres jon4pres wrote:

[QUOTE=79nautique]]

I guess you could mount a trolling motor to the swim step and you would be money.

my dad fabricated a removeable bracket for one on his martinique. and between wakeboard sets, he will often get the rod out. he has caught stuff more often than not.
notice the tackle box on the back seat and the fishing shirt...

and proof
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 8:06am

Yep, neighbor has done that as well. I won't be seen in the boat when he does it

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 8:09am
the only thing bad about fishing from the ski nautique is it takes a couple of cold ones before the fish return from all of the exhaust noise and you have to position the boat just right so that you drift over your fishing hole. Remember catch and release on those game fish. But fry up all the bluegil and crappy you want.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 12:40pm
Recurring theme on this site....any excuse to be out on the water. Doesn't matter what kind of boat or what you're doing, as long as you are having fun...(and not bothering anyone while you are doing it) whether its a 2006 $55,000 SN, a 1972 bayliner, a jon boat or a generic family I/O with a wakeboard tower made out of landscape timbers, or even fishing from the shore...we're havin' fun.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 9:15am
I am with 75 tique. If I can get on the water it is a good day whether it is fishing off of my uncles super ghetto pontoon, taking out the john boat to a local pond and fishing, or wakeboarding behind my Nautique. I cant think of a better place to be than on the water with my friends and family.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
scurvydawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scurvydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 12:00pm
jon4pres has the right idea,for some of us,thats what makes the world go round.I covered all bases with a 1986 Fish Nautique,and a 1976 Ski Nautique.Love them both!and enjoy them year round with family and friends in south Fla.
scurvydawg
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 3:13pm
Although I am new to this form, you guys are making me feel like an orphan. Correct Craft did make a fishin boat the 23 Fish Nautique. I just purchased a 89. These boats are one of the best fishin platforms ever built; no smelly outboards that you need a Ph.D. to service, a low center a gravity and a nice deep V to handle the chop. Soooo, fishin out of a Correct Craft is no big deal. In fact for the Chesapeake Bay, I prefer my Nautique to my 47 Jersey SF and believe me, its also lot cheaper to operate. I even fish out of my inflatable got to watch those hooks though. You guys have a great Memorial Day weekend.     Jerry
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 3:25pm

I cant think of a better place to be than on the water with my friends and family.

You got that right! A friend of mine and I were out drifting and talkling and enjoying a cold one or three in my SN last night until the wee hours. Good fun...
My friends and I have a system, I've got the ski boat, another has the poontoon boat, another has a center console. One had a 30' Mako until last year. He sold it when fuel started going up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scurvydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 6:36pm
Grandslam,glad to hear someone else has a Fish Nautique,my 86 has been repowered with a fuel injected 351,and your correct about the best platform ever built,mine has been out in 12 foot seas,NOT A GOOD IDEA,but got me home.Newer boats may be lighter,but you cant beat this one for strength,economy,space,and reliability.Before deciding on this boat I looked at sea vees,White water,Blackfin,and many others in this class,cant beat this boat!!!Or the fish I catch on it.    
scurvydawg
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 10:16am
Scurvydog, sounds like you have more experience with your Fish than I do, I just purchased mine last month, but have been looking at these boats for several years (I could not decide if I wanted to maintain 2 boats). My Fish falls into the category of a project boat, although the boat is sound and runs very well, cosmetically it needs help, so I am planning a paint job this fall after I have had some time to enjoy my new ride. Like you I did investigate and consider several other inboard boats. There are 3 inboard Makos docked in my club, all nice boats and 2 of them have had total restoration jobs, but docked next to the Nautique you can see why, like you, I chose the Fish. Also looked a several Shamrocks (aka slamrocks) but they came up short as well. Scurvy, where do you boat/fish? I am located in Baltimore County and boat (at least with the Fish) on the Chesapeake Bay. Look forward to hearing from you. Jerry
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scurvydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2006 at 11:00pm
Grandslam,Im located in Palm Beach Fla.Grew up on the Gulf Coast(Panama City)Back before limits and sise restictions.We do most of our fishing and diving on the East side now,from Palm Beach down to the Keys and over to the Islands,when time and weather allows.Right now Im down for a new tranny,the cooler went bad and ran a little bit too much salt water in the tranny.Made this discovery about 25 miles offshore,by the time I limped in,(Put it this way)$2000 this week,in the water by next week.I too am in need of some new paint,I have some small cracks in the Gel Coat and want to change the color.I keep telling myself I Will start the project on the off season,problem is,down here we dont have an (off season)I must say congrads on your new boat,I hope you will have as many fun filled adventures as we have had,and will have.Great hearing from you,tell me more about your new boat.(FISH NOW,PAINT LATER)Ken   
scurvydawg
hotfish172 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotfish172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2006 at 4:38pm
Fishing out of a nautique? No problem for us FISH NAUTIQUE owners! Guess we are the black sheep of the club.
MarkNConnie
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2006 at 5:12pm
My 2 year old, Eli, sat in the back seat of my 74 Mustang IN THE GARAGE this morning and pretended to fish for an hour. He pulled in sharks, crocodiles, and snakes. Big catch. I guess I'm going to have to use my Mustang 17 for fishing and skiing.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 4:39am
I could not help but chime in here. Talk about unorthadox uses. Ive taken an 80 Nautique 23 miles West of Key West to the Marquesa's spearfishing. Aarrgg matie!
hasbeenskier
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 9:51am
I am on the fence. No fish in the Ski Nautique, but I would love to load up the Cuddy with fish
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 1:26pm
I'd love to have a Fish Naugtique.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 9:20pm
hasbeen; Did ya get my e-mail? Shoot me one if ya wanna talk more.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic