NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newb and stoked!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 6:06pm
80-81 for sure. The HIN will be stamped where Quinner says, but it may or may not have the model year in it (that convention didnt start until '83). It will have the "hull certification year" stamped instead, whatever that means.

If it has "20th anniversary" stamped on the transom below the rub rail (port/left side) then its a '81. If it doesnt, then its like a '80. Some '80 boats have the electronic speedo instead of the 2nd Airguide... but really, there arent many details that changed between the 2 years.

And yes, that trailer definitely has some interesting modifications! There will not be a number stamped anywhere on a trailer of that vintage, unfortunately- at least not one that is likely to still be in tact. The VIN/serial number was printed on a sticker that is most likely long gone, or at best, faded beyond recognition. It would have been placed on the outside of the frame in the vicinity of where that bow stop monstrosity is, ha.
29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 6:04pm
Thanks eh!
I have a few more pics too
I noticed the trailer has had some work done on it for sure. I looked and could not find numbers any where. Even called a fellow S/N buddy and he told me where to look while I was standing beside the boat.

Dreaming, I spend wuite a bit of time in your area, got good friends in Kent and Marysville
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:57pm
80' or 81' ish, check for HIN on stern below rub rail starboard (right) side
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:56pm
I am not the expert by any means, but I am guessing 80-83 based on the vent windows on the sides of the windshield.   I am thinking that there is a forward scoop on the bow, which would make it 81 or earlier.     Your HIN number is going to be right under the rub rail on the driver side rear, and that will tell you what year it is according to mfg.
The trailer does not look original, if it is a CC trailer, it looks to have been modified pretty heavily (it looks wider than standard, has funky steps and a prop guard)   

Welcome!:)
29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:50pm

Mmmmmm velvet!
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:48pm

Nice butt eh!
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:37pm

Here ya go...
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 5:03pm
Congrats on your purchase! Pics will go a long way to helping determine what you have.
29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 4:04pm
Eh gang!
So finally I am a S/N owner! I just made a deal on a bit of a project for my kids and I to tackle.
I live in BC, build hot rods for a living. Do lots of weldin and fabbin. I used to race BMX and moto-x, skateboarded, drag raced, crew chiefed on Sprint cars, stock cars etc. Life is good after a divorce, kids and I do everything together everyday
So I made a deal on this S/N, but there is no paperwork and I could not find the H.I.N. any where on the boat. There is no numbers on the trailer either. I can get it registered here in BC, but would like to know what I have.
Its off white with to tone brown stripes. I did get the number off of the velvet drive if that helps?
Can't wait to tackle this project and get it out on the water!

-Shiny
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic