NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1988 Ski Nautique 2001 Rescue!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2014 at 12:53pm
Wish I could photoshop a Millwaukee Vacuum in those photos so he can be in Pete's good graces
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2014 at 6:30pm
I think we scared him away with the comments.

Here's the deal, you're right to come to this website for help and suggestions on your rebuild. These are the most knowledgeable people on the planet as far as these boats and engines go.

There have been 100's of rebuilds done on these boats and we've seen some very strange ways of doing it. If you want it to last and look right, there are some basic ideas that you should follow.

The reaction to your floor was because we've never seen one quite like that before, and there are so many problems we see related to that.

You said that your rear plywood access panel was falling apart. That, along with the mildew on the upholstery, the water on the engine cover, and the look of the bare floor, indicate that it isn't exactly dry under that canopy. I doubt there are many of us on this site that think you have dry foam. That means your stringers and subfloor structure may be compromised.

We're glad to help you here, but such an odd "solution" is going to get this kind of reaction.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic