Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman Bash

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
Author
NautiqueJeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 4:59pm
Just came from Race City Marine, and they asked that I post this for everyone here to see. Not sure if Reid has talked to Matt yet about getting Mr. Ralph out to the lake, but if that doesn't happen, Race City would love to have everyone out to the dealership to hang out with him.

Current Boats: 1998 Ski Nautique, 2000 Sport Nautique, 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (twin-engine), 1981 Fish Nautique (twin-engine), 1980 Fish Nautique (twin-engine)
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Bakchose Bakchose wrote:

Originally posted by Bakchose Bakchose wrote:

I'm on the hotdog buns and I will grab some burgers and buns. Let me know how many hotdog buns.

Are the hotdogs and burgs for Friday's lunch? If so I won't be able to get them there in time.

Let me know.

John, Let's say for Saturday.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 6:02pm
My advice to you Reid ......start drinking heavily....now
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

My advice to you Reid ......start drinking heavily....now

++1
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2014 at 7:53pm
We will stop on our way in and grab a veggie tray or two, plus 5 lbs of smokies I just stopped and got and some peanuts to, should be arriving early AM Fri                  Getting excited now!!!     Scott n Gene Monahan
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 8:51am
Sounds like a great time!! Have fun, good weather and be safe! Wish we were there. Maybe next year?
Js
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 9:58am
Reid does these every 2 years so plan your schedule accordingly. I have too big of a project going to make this year but plan on it next time. Not knowing the lake don't even know which boat I'd take. Hope the weather holds for everyone and safe travel for all!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 10:09am
David (samudj01) coming from Winston Salem for Sat only (mid morning through afternoon) and alone. Can grab something for Sat lunch, maybe a veggie tray. Let me know if there is something other than that needed. Looking forward to it.   

Morfoot               88 SN 2001       electric smoker & chicken
Nautiquehunter        Foot's Ride with
Storm34             72 SN Promo
PicturePat          Chris's Ride with
NautiqueJeff        14 G23
Alan & Dana        Hurricane
CQ & Maddie    Alan's Ride with   local Chicago goods; Italian beef and Fasano Pies   
Donald +2 + 1 Lab    80 SN             Update later.
JoeinNY              73 Marauder w/440   Will provide as directed.
Megan Mcd.          potentially a '92 excel
Marty&Karen Mabe     66 Skylark
Allen (hatterbee) +wife +6yr son     1977 SN
Racingnc with ca2lkn    Heaven Cent
Gene and Scott Monohan    81 SN Blue Streak
jackiewdeen      boatless      
kytom2& karen      BFN   
Ncdoubleup      90 BFN Cookies, brownies
skilime80   Mark,kailey & taylor LaTorre    1980 SN
Greg & Sue Fossett    (nch20skier)
jchamlin Jon     2000 Air Nautique. Tent Camp Friday night only.
Skicat     As of now, no boat Fri-Sun
Bakchose     No boat Tent Camp Friday to Sunday
whitelakerider Townsend& Amanda
dwomd 78 Tique   Arriving Friday afternoon, Tent Friday night only, leaving Saturday late afternoon
      (I invited jchamlin ) Will provide as needed.
IAughtNaut, 2000 Pro Air, Fri evening to Sun afternoon-ish
TimB,Sara,Tique   79 BFN Fri noonish-Sun-- ish PASTA SALAD w/sausage
David (samudj01), No boat, Sat around 9 or 10 - Sat around 4 -- veggie tray
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Not knowing the lake don't even know which boat I'd take.

Gary,

It's a Huge Lake. He's on a point but when the winds pick up- it's a roller coaster out there. I usually take the Skylark -only cause some say bring it- but running to a secluded cove- you really get knocked around alot. Sure everyone loves to see that showroom perfect Mustang SS- The Purple Rain was down 2 years ago-- I was a pick up boat for the Footin' Runs- and Morfoot did Slalom behind it.
Although the Skylark did Tow Lizzy's Boat back in one year..
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 10:35am
Thanks Marty,I guess I have plenty of time to think about it!. Just like Alan's Hurricane I guess the job of the older boats is to pull in the newer ones
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 10:50am
Man I hope yall have fun. I was planning on attending but work stuff has gotten in the way. Best of luck, see yall next time.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Not knowing the lake don't even know which boat I'd take.

Gary,

First, find a tanning bed and then take a flight to Charlotte and I will let you ride in D*ck Pope's boat all weekend. I will need to run your name and boating history past Lloyds of London Insurance first. You can never be too careful.

I wish you were coming down. 500+ miles of shore line does produce some great coves for Water Sports. Any of the boats in your fleet will do just fine.

Donald
racingnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 3:40pm
Headed to the LKN Bash long drive ahead.. 15 min
jchamlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchamlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 4:39pm
Is there anything else that's needed? More hotdog/hamburger buns?
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 5:16pm
hooked up, headed south, gps says 10:30...lets see if we can't beat that
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 8:35pm
I will be heading up mid morning tomorrow (?). If you need something let me know
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2014 at 8:15pm
Hate that I was not able to spend more time at Reid & Laurie's. But rest assured the event did happen and despite the nightly rain there is no doubt those that were there had a good time.
Great to finally meet some new CCFANS and see some from just a few weeks ago.
Quinner, next time we connect the big guys will need to stretch some ropes.

Safe travels to those driving.

Thanks to all that made the trek and to Reid, Laurie and Skipper for hosting this event.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
ncdoubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdoubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2014 at 9:30pm
What an awesome weekend! Thanks to so many that put this together, especially Reid, Laurie & Skipper! Y'all are amazing people to allow us to invade your piece of heaven on earth! We had a great time and it was so much fun to meet others with the same passion that we have with Correct Craft, boating, skiing and fellowship!

There were so many great moments, but nothing could compare to meeting Mr. Ralph Meloon on Friday at Race City. He is one incredible, amazing man of God and we are very thankful that he is still around to share his stories and experiences. This is a moment that we will carry close to our hearts forever!

We're already looking forward to the next time we can get together, but until then, we'll see ya here on the forums and have great memories of an incredible weekend.

I'll download my pictures and post in the next few days so y'all have proof it did happen
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 10:56am
Thank you so much to Reid and Laurie for opening up your home to us hosting this gathering. What a magnificent spot! Your generosity is amazing. I had a blast and it was so great to meet CC fans. Special thanks to MartyMabe for letting me drive the skylark. It was like I was 15 again driving my 65 mustang for the first time. Here are a couple of pictures. Again big thanks to the Pinkhams. You two are awesome.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 1:53pm

I was only there for about 24hrs. and had a weeks worth of fun. Thank you guys (& gals) for a wonderful time.

waterdog
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 2:49pm
Andy -

I think I saw you passing by as I was leaving! (You missed the turn for Ried's on Lucent, right?)

Dang, Sorry to miss you..... Next time Buddy!
racingnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 4:17pm
Man! First off I want to thank Reid and Laurie for hosting the Lake Norman Bash 2014. I want to thank Ruk for the AWESOME grill work.btw I have your fork in my grill Ruk. I want to tank Race City Marine for hosting Mr. Correct Craft himself. I can say this was the first event I have ever gone to or been part of. The CCFamily is the closest coolest bunch of people I have ever met so thank you all. I am a little sad I didn't get the chance to wake surf however Tim thanks for the help with the Heaven Cent. The other Tim thanks for the AMAZING BOAT RIDE Holly S@!$ that thing was fast! It was great to put faces to names and meet new people. I cant wait to tell Jana we are going to Florida in the spring. I will post the pix I have tonight. One word for this little bash EPIC!
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 8:05am

Steve,

Yep that was me that drove to the end of the road. 425mi and missed the last turn!

You and I hot racked with Morfoot in the motorhome, so it was just like you were there.

Maybe we'll catch up in Fl. in March.

- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 8:55am
Thanks to our hosts, Reid and Laurie at Pinkham Point, and Matt, Leif, and Lynette at Race City Marine. Meeting Mr. Meloon was a once in a life time experience. Seeing his reaction to the Hurricane was priceless.   I could only stay a short while, but hanging out with with old friends and meeting members for the the first time made it worth the trip. It was good to get John Hamlin out, and Andy, I am sorry I missed you. Look forward to seeing everyone next time.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 10:06am
Come on people, enough yapp'n and more picture posting !!!!
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

jchamlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchamlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 12:09pm
Thanks to everyone involved - Reid and Laurie for catering! That was so great. I had a great time meeting you all and seeing the great boats and making some connections. I wish I had taken a picture of all the boats lined up, but I know someone did.
ncdoubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdoubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 5:44pm
I am working on uploading the pics I took this weekend. But to get the party started, here's one that I think everyone that was there will agree brought a smile to everyone's faces! Needless to say, I'm thinking this guy doesn't have a shy bone in his body!! Enjoy!

Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 5:47pm
Tim, I agree with your taste when it comes to females, but your taste in clothing?
1994 Sport Nautique
racingnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 5:53pm
That was one of the most AWESOME swim suits I've ever seen. It was nice putting faces to names.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 5:53pm
Tim borrowed that from HW. Quinner makes him wear it sometimes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
  Share Topic