NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

first house *major project*

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first house *major project*
    Posted: March-20-2015 at 3:57pm
Current state

Refreshing the outside with a scheme similar to this.

Opening up the front entry way stairs.

Side parking and boat port.

LOTS of work on the inside. All new flooring and painting every wall and ceiling. Bathroom and kitchen are manageable. Updates on that later.

Garage is 24.5 deep but low ceiling. My SN should barely clear but not a v-hull.

My ski club is at the right side of the green line (4.5 miles long), and the PLBC boats are at the left side. House is the red diamond, my 88 SN will be parked at the white diamond.

skutch has already planned out the new barn on the vacant 240x80 property behind the house. That property is technically 6 lots with 3 different owners.

And I'm getting married in November. No babies are dogs to report.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 4:07pm
Going to look nice. It is evident that a "ladies touch" is present (get used to it )

I think Steve is onto something. Make sure it has multiple overhead hoists for lifting rings and engine swaps. (kind of like Pete's) Maybe quinner will cut you a deal for modified plans.

As time goes on, you will be mixing the man cave (i.e. garage) projects with the Honey-do projects, but you will find that there really is time for both.   

Nice to have all that water right out your back door. Nice set up.

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 4:44pm
Wholly crap..... HW is gonna get hitched !!
Congrats dude !! You two seem perfect for each other..

Now the real growing up part haha.. Getting that house ready for a huge CCFAN blow out bachelor party !!!! So get to work my friend...

House will be kick'n by the way.. Oh and I like the idea of a Midwest BBC !!!! Right on..

Moj'

PS: I work right at the intersection of 12 and P. Let me know if you ever need a hand...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 5:06pm
You're thinking about throwing gravel? Give that a lot of thought. I did that at my old house. What a nightmare, had to buy a new house just to get away from the ***king gravel.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 5:14pm
Did you just offer to pick up the tab for concrete? I am unlikely to recover much investment in the property. Add-ons need to be economical. This isn't a long-term permanent residence.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 5:41pm
Congrats Kevin!    Concrete in many of our counties up north is considered as permanent and is taxed on your property bill accordingly. Gravel or asphalt or pavers are considered more temporary. Gravel in my town is not allowed. You could count on one hand the people who had them,they at one time were not in the city limits,but now must pave them. The town itself had several gravel roads that they turned over to the home owners,wonder if they will have the cojones to make them pave----
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 5:42pm
Glad to give help when needed
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 5:43pm
When you get to the siding if you need an aluminum plank Kirchens borrowed my 20'er about 5 yrs ago, one way trip to this point, probably right there in his back yard!!

Be sure and look at the tax bill vs purchase price, Not sure how it works in wisco, but in lake county ill they will adjust, just get the paperwork in right away. Just did that at my new place and knocked $5k off the bill
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

PS: I work right at the intersection of 12 and P. Let me know if you ever need a hand...

So Dave you work at the International House of Wine and Cheese.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 5:46pm
Close, across the street in the industrial park.. Go there for lunch sometimes haa
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 5:49pm
Best of Luck!! Both the new house and bride. Yeah, hold off on the kids, I can rent you a couple if the notion arises.
Js
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 5:56pm
Oh, gravel's not that bad. Had it at the last place, have it at this one. I bet 98% of the neighborhood is gravel. Wouldn't be my first choice when it comes to clearing snow off it,(been there done that, too) but I have a feeling this is the "3-season" home and won't see THAT much action in the winter.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 6:05pm
I will patch all the screw holes from the phone and cable lines zig zagging around the entire house but am hiring a painting crew.

Pretty much every driveway longer that 40' is gravel around there. I won't be shoveling it either, Larry is spot on. It's for parking boats and trailers. The permeability will be welcomed.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 6:12pm
hey Kev, what are you going to do with the air conditioning unit? Relocate to where to get it out from under the "Boat-Port" ?
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 6:17pm
Gravel is just fine! Paint is easy to do yourself... Sheetrock may be worth hiring out.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 6:29pm
If you get replacement windows, have them cut the sills down a bit so that you can get taller, more modern looking windows. Makes a huge difference in looks and the cost is nominal.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 6:42pm
I agree on the taller windows, that would dress up the house nice. Hanging sheet rock is easy, it is the muddin & Tapin that is the worst! I gotta guy for that, he is good and cheap. Let me know and I'll get you his name, he is in Waukesha, so a straight shot south.

Welcome to 'sconny my friend, we'll make you into a cheese head soon enough!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 6:47pm
Hey instead of the gravel, you might want to think about this (I call it driveway lattice, who knows what it is really called):

It actually looks nice, but provides you the "hardscape" for extra parking.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 6:58pm
That's some fancy grass. I do like it. I actually like gravel too though. Gravel is probably the quickest and cheapest AND comes in dark gray, plus low maintenance!

I can 'rock, there isn't much to do other than patch up some water damaged walls in the garage. We're just painting the paneling inside. I like the texture it provides and don't see much reason to create more work removing it.

A/C will move behind the back corner of the house on that same side.

The windows are double pane, will leave them alone for now. The frames are quickly rotting out though. I'll replace them as needed.

I'm working on sketching the backyard deck. A very good friend is a deck guy.

Go Bears?!
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 7:24pm
Nice...those touches will definitely make it look good. Congrats on everything!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 7:28pm
Kevin,
Fantastic news. Keep us posted.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 9:21pm
Congrats. If you go the detached garage route I have a set of plans for a 24 x 28 with steel beam supporting second floor storage. Works pretty good for the 206 and storage.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 9:23pm
Hey Kevin!

Congratulations to you and Jackie on the house and your engagement!

New house, new wife,..new boat?

Best wishes! John ,Lisl ,and family!
Old school goin back to school!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 10:32pm
That's some exciting stuff. The house looks like fun. Congrats to you and Jackie too!!! You two make it look so easy. Keep up the good work.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 10:57pm
Nice house. Getting married?. Congratulations! Good for you guys. I guess it's official, you've grown up on this web site.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2015 at 12:42am
Grown *older. Not grown *up.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2015 at 1:15am
Congrats on the engagement Kevin! That is great news!

If you need some landscaping for the new house, let me know. I started Gwinn Landscaping in 2001 when I needed to buy a huge number of bushes, shrubs, trees, and hedges. My wholesale costs to you. I work for beer. Craft beer though!!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2015 at 5:51am
Oh God no! HW is crossing the line into the zone of the "normal people"

The world is coming to an end!!

Congrats bro

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2015 at 7:31pm
Time to pass on the nickname. We have lost a legend.

Waldo
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2015 at 8:21pm
Yup. Getting married. Won't be long before Hollywood becomes Hollywilt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic