Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Am I screwed??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
crooney70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooney70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2006 at 8:24am
Wow guys, this weekend has been alot of fun in the Ski Tique. It sure is alot of motor for such a little boat. Very fast and responsive, much more so than I expected. But my last two boats were 16' as well but one had a 65 Johnson outboard and the other had a Volvo I/O 125hp. This is all muscle and I love it. The only bad thing is (and my wife and family think it is funny) that I have put 2 new sets of exhaust flappers on, and both have blown off when driving. I think I will glue the next pair on as well as tighten the living hell out of the hose clamps.

The exhaust note is much more pronounced and pleasing than all of the newer ski boats. My friend has a new Supra V-Drive with 390hp, and it is as quiet as our pontoon! I am over all very happy and will do the restorations over the next few winters.

Love the exhaust note!!!

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1336&yrstart=1976&yrend=1980
"Rooney" on Tippy
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2006 at 8:44am
just don't strip out the clamps by over torquing it and make sure the clamp is towards the transom as much as possible and it's square to the diameter (distance from the transom to the edge of the clamp is equal all of the way around). Come back a couple of hours after you install them and re-torque them and re-torque them again after the first time out, the heat will shrink the rubber a little but after that you should be good to go, also have the scew secton of the clamp on top.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2006 at 1:42pm
Chris,

What are you getting for top speed? That is a lot of engine for that boat. You would leave me in the mist I'm sure. Don't the Tique's hit 50 MPH?

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic