Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

73 martinique 351 impeller

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
thump3r1337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thump3r1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 martinique 351 impeller
    Posted: May-26-2015 at 1:15am
I bought a 73 martinique, my first boat, but I did help a buddy restore a 65 mustang (which I now own as well).   This 73 needs some serious rehab. I am working through all the basics and ran into a snag. The motor is a 351 windsor, and the water pump is a Thermo Electron. I haven't found any info for this pump. I used my caliper and think I can use the Jabsco Impeller Kit - 8 Blade - Neoprene - 2-9/16" Diameter from amazon.

Has anyone run into a good replacement impeller for this pump? It appears to be a 8 blade, 2" deep, ~ 2-1/2" - 2-9/16" wide, and a 9/16 - 5/8" shaft. The previous owner was't in to maintenance. So I am try to put her back into healthy status, and put some serious hours on her. Only 1200 factory so far..

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2015 at 7:23pm
Robert,
Welcome to CCfan. How about some pictures of the boat?

On the impeller, you're on the right track. Many have had to go by measurements. Thremo didn't make the pump but just had it private labeled. If you haven't already, go to Jabsco's site and use their impeller guide. Ether that or call Jamestown Distributing. Make sure you get the spline drive..

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2015 at 7:45pm
And make sure to carefully inspect the inside of that plastic pump housing.

Some modern Volvo's use that exact impeller also.

And yes, please post some photos of your Martinique!    What color is it?
thump3r1337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thump3r1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2018 at 11:46am
I found the impeller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GWFOJ7C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jabsco Impeller Kit - 8 Blade - Nitrile - 2-9/16" Diameter

Been working great, haven't needed to replace it yet, but bought 2 so I have a spare.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic