NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2016 St. Johns River Ruckus

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 8>
Author
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2016 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Silver15 Silver15 wrote:

I purchased my new Nautique today. Plan is to have it at the river next weekend provided I do not uncover any huge issues between now and then. The family may be joining me as well.

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing it and meeting you, Jake.
Js
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2016 at 3:12pm
Anyone on the fence or looking for accommodations? Booked Alligator Haven and it sleeps four so we'll have two open beds.

ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2016 at 4:49pm
I could use a bunk or a little piece of floor space for Friday night only!
"Art"
dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2016 at 11:51am
I would be in for a bunk Friday night. Have to warn you I do snore.

Bill 904-303-1721
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2016 at 9:53pm
Just got phone with Morfoot, having a blast already . The 61 will be there Friday !! And great stuff at Sat night cook out too !! So don't miss it CCFans !!
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2016 at 9:54pm
would have liked to unveil the old nautique this weekend but its not ready going to finish up some stuff saturday and fire it for the first time hope for water test sunday

no interior yet so sitting on homer buckets
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2016 at 10:34pm
Shierh, speaking of unprepared, I started removing graphics on my new Air/Sport to have it buffed for this weekend but ran short on time so I may be rocking partially removed graphics which is going to look very legit.

Also- a casual evening at the Cozier residence.......
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2016 at 10:35pm
Does anyone have recommendations for parking and launching a boat for the day to attend the event? Also, weather permitting, what time are most planning on being on the water Saturday.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2016 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Silver15 Silver15 wrote:

I purchased my new Nautique today.

What did you get? Where in Orlando are you?

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 12:08am
i have photos of arts boat, met up with him at Carols place a while back when he was taking it to Mt Dora.   

My 83 is a complete rebuild, no interior yet and the engine has not been fired since built.   Ran out of time and money in december due to fact that i decided to buy new house and sell my existing one.   Both of the real estate deals are well on their way now so i can now get back to it and finish it up.   Give me a couple of months and she will be done.   
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 2:12am
Originally posted by sport1999 sport1999 wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for parking and launching a boat for the day to attend the event? Also, weather permitting, what time are most planning on being on the water Saturday.

You can just launch with us at Parramores, but some years depending on river depth, the ramp can be RUFF and hard on trailers. I am concerned about launching my 2002 sport at Paramores.   In Astor, down by Black Water Seafood Restaurant that is a very nice public ramp it is down river toward Orlando from Paramores. If you launch there and head North toward Jacksonville, you will first see Jungle Dens Motel and then there is a canal off to the right that takes you to Parramores. The rivers splits right there, I believe so you could pass Parramores on the other side of the island and miss it. If you end up in Lake George, you went too far.

We basically take over Paramores and you should be able to find a place to leave your truck and trailer, but I will not arrive until tomorrow AM to be sure. I am in JAX tonight.

Donald

Donald80SN
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 2:21am
The public ramp to Parramores is only 3 miles or so by water is my guess. It has been a few years since I have done it. It is not a long trip at all.

Parramores is 1675 S. Moon Rd. Astor Fla.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 7:46am
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
The ramp at Paramores is ruff as Donald says, but ok. They do charge $5 if anyone is paying attention, and there is parking too, However, if you are just coming for the day, from Orlando, you may want to consider a public ramp south, like the one mentioned near Blackwater, or further south in Deland at 40? You will have to watch a few "Wake" zones.. I have to bring Emily to the airport at 1 for Europe, then the boys and I will head up. If anyone has a need 321 246 8276 ETA 4ish.
Js
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 10:24am
Originally posted by dangerwil dangerwil wrote:

Have to warn you I do snore.
Bill

Bill,
Don't worry about it. I heard from Chris that he's borrowing this from Hannibal Lecter.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
The ramp at Paramores is ruff as Donald says, but ok. .
OK is getting to be a stretch for that ramp - I've used it in the past but there's been not any maintenance of note in a while...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

You can just launch with us at Parramores, but some years depending on river depth, the ramp can be RUFF and hard on trailers. I am concerned about launching my 2002 sport at Paramores.   In Astor, down by Black Water Seafood Restaurant that is a very nice public ramp it is down river toward Orlando from Paramores. If you launch there and head North toward Jacksonville, you will first see Jungle Dens Motel and then there is a canal off to the right that takes you to Parramores. The rivers splits right there, I believe so you could pass Parramores on the other side of the island and miss it. If you end up in Lake George, you went too far.

Perfect, thanks for the info. Wish I was available today as the weather looks pretty good. Have fun out there on the river.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 3:04pm
I'm visiting in The Villages. Is there a chance I would see any CC boats if I come and visit tomorrow (Saturday)?
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 7:41pm
Morfoot                      14-21       L                     Desert
Skibum1110 + 3.          18-20.     2 XXXL, L .    Pasta salad
Smith Family               18-20     L. 6 M, S       SPIRAL HONEY HAM
storm34                        18-20     XL                 TBD
PicturePat                    18-20     L                    TBD
jackiedeen +1               18-20     XL, M            Potato Salad, Rolls
Alan & Dana                 14-20     M, L               Hand Rubbed BBQ Pork Chops
Jack Winn.                   19-20.     2-M.   1 XL      Baked beans, cookies
JoeinNY +1                   12-20      XL, L, S        Gatorade
Gary&Mary Fran           19-21       L                  charcoal and starter fluid
John & Patti                    18-20   L                  fried turkey (and don't forget the tater tots!)
JMurph                          17-21       L                   TBD
Donald80SN                 18-21       XL               Paper Plates,Napkins, Cups and Utensils       
ReidP                             14-21        L                  TBD
Les Todd                      Local      L                    TBD
ArtC                                Local      xl                    TBD
JakeA          Local (prob 19th)      L                    TBD
Uncle Todd                    18-20      L                   TBD

Have fun everyone!    Take lots of pics for the we who can't attend.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2016 at 8:32pm
I expect plenty of pictures especially from Tim our official CCfan photographer!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2016 at 12:41pm
Made it down for the Mount Dora run Friday. Had a blast. Certainly the best group of boaters I have had the opportunity to ride with. Snapped a few photos on my phone that came out well.

Snoopy got to meet THE HURRICANE. :)

Kermit seemed to like it in the lily pads.

Dora Canal

Chasing Kermit

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2016 at 4:58pm
Keep posting the pictures please!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2016 at 5:25pm
Tim,
What are you doing in the lily pads?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dangerwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangerwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2016 at 9:21pm
Tim,
What are you doing in the lily pads?

Somebody asked that. The reply was It ain't easy being green.

Heading out Friday morning.

Boat show docks

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2016 at 10:52am
WOW, what can I say but Thank You everybody last night !!

Me and the wife had a blast for the short time being there, but just glad we could
   make it to see everyone. Was very happy to meet new people and well as old faces.
   No Donald you're not old, but you guys know what I mean. I hope everyone enjoyed
   the fun with the stuff brought by the factory as well, It was fun and just glad they
   helped this year. And was nice to see Donald and Chris upgrades boats sweet rides !!
   And Reip boat was nice to see as well. Just wanted to say again, thank you everyone for
   a great time last night !!

Hope to see you again soon !   

The Godfather
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2016 at 11:25am
It was really great seeing all you guys Friday at the boat show. It made me really miss being at the river fortunately I had out of town guests that were leaving on different days over the weekend .I just can't believe the weather this weekend it's been nice here for three weeks no rain it seems like every year the weekend of the boat show/St. Johns River has a Crapy weather forecast.sure would like to see some pictures of those great boats and the times thanks big wave Dave
bigwavedave
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2016 at 2:19pm
Had a great time with ya'll yesterday. Cool to put names/faces with user handles and meet some really solid people. Definitely hoping to make it back next year and maybe stay the weekend..? Praying for a safe trip back home for those of you who travelled long distances. Regretfully, I didn't take any pictures, so you guys better start posting some!
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 12:09am
wow...

just another great C/CFan weekend....

great time having GaryS & MaryFran stop at our place thursday & then follow us up on friday.

thanx to Tim for putting it all together...thanx to all you guys..PCI...Bow & Arrow..Action Screen and of course..Parramores. Thanx to all who donated for the silent auction.

thanx to Jerry Smith of the SmithFamily for donating the turkey we fried. Sorry about the tater tots...let the oil cool down to much. Will do better next year.

hard to put into words what it means to see all you guys and ladies. Have made some very good friends over the years here and would not trade my time with you guys for anything. Was a pleasure to see you all.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 12:13am
Funny thing, not a single ski picture posted......Guess no skiing this past weekend
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 12:18am
there was some skiing done early Saturday Greg..not by me. We went to the Boat Show on Friday and to the Glen on Saturday.

great social time tho...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 7:22am
Excellent time! Great as always to see everyone. We were missing the three girls this year, but made the best of it, I did get them all T shirts, which they love! Saturday had some skiing going on. We met up with "Uncle Todd", and the boys flipped out, as, I do not know who was gearing up to ski, and I am so sorry I did not get a picture, the boys thought it was Santa! Uncle Todd? Who was that man? AND, he was pretty good!! Then Jackie D put the old woodies on and did a show, with JoeinNY behind the wheel. We got the little guy, Connor, up on the wake board finally, after a dozen fails. And, I have to say, there was about an 8 foot Gator we spotted, which did not seem to deter Connors determination!
Js
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic