NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2016 St. Johns River Ruckus

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678>
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 1:39pm
Ha nice time there! need to meet everyone soon!
I want a T-shirt!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 3:13pm
And so, time stands still while the CcFan Nation patiently awaits another epic Morfoot photo collage......

Beuhler?.....Beuhler.....??
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 3:31pm
he's still pulling lilly pads off his prop
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 6:39pm
Morfoot got home about a hour ago and is still in the process of unloading the truck and drying out Kermie...... Pics to come as always..... Some good stuff including Art playing in Kermit's rooster tail with the 61 SN. I'm not sure who had more fun with that, me or him. My recap of the week is coming but a big shout out to Correct Craft Inc for the donated goodies and sponsorship, as well as PCI, Bow & Arrow Communications, Action Screen, and Parramores....... For those of you who missed it. You missed a great Ruckus!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 6:41pm
haha nice shirt
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 6:45pm
Reid and I came up with the idea of the design....Alan, Dana and their team did the Artwork, but FULL credit of the color goes to Mrs. 81nautique....I had nothing to do with that!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 6:53pm
couldn't have been you guys the dude has hair
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 7:29pm
I've seen some things on Sunday that will never be un seen
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

+1
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 8:15pm
Have never seen so much moon in broad daylight. This group never fails for entertainment. We headed out Saturday committed to keep our campsite reservation despite the rain. Brought my friends as they were interested in seeing the river and just getting away for the weekend. Have to say there is no more satisfaction than sharing something with someone else that is special and that is how I felt as they were warmly received in the group gathering Sat night and also the invite to go to Silver Glen. I only wish I had gone on the trip from Jacksonville up the river. There is always next year. Thanks to all who made this time special.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

+1

+2 Sad thing was I did NOT HAVE TO SEE IT. I had my back to it and Reid says "hey Donald look over there!!!!" Now I can not get that image out of my head and my eyes are burning still. I got home at 5:30 PM and unloaded and I need to find an all night eye doctor to see if I can get some relief for the pain. I will never look at the color wheel the same again as long as I live.

Otherwise I had a freaking blast !!!!!!!!!.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2016 at 10:35pm
Anyone get a photo of the bear cub's visit(s) to the covered docks?
"Art"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 12:47am

did we leave to early?

dang

did it have anything to do with Donald asking if there was a "pole" avalible at breakfast saturday morning? Which by the way was the 1st time Ms Patti had ever met him. I am now trying to convince her to return next year...

pics or it didn't happen....

john

ps to GaryS: found gifts in the guest room....nice...totally unneccesary. I believe you owe me a call so we can make sure the bill is square.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 1:25am
I want to head down there next year. Maybe I'll bring good weather, who knows! Looking forward to Green Lake mini this year.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 9:20am

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 9:31am

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 9:33am

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 9:51am
-Adam

1973 Skier
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 10:12am
You left at the right time John if you ever want Patty to come back with you! Between checking out the girls retrieving the anchors on a couple of the big boats in the glen or the twin full moons rising over Lake George,it's something etched forever in some minds. I'll call tonight.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 10:37am

Jbear's new children:

-Adam

1973 Skier
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 10:44am
Well we made it back home yesterday safe and somewhat sound.   Great week with the gang and great to see some old friends we've missed the past few years.   Thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting it together and making arrangements for the river trip.

The big river trip was an experience to say the least in a 60 year old wooden boat, the Hurricane made it about 60+ miles before we ran into engine trouble. Right about the time I said "Man the boat is running awesome" she spun a bearing and ended up on the rope to the nearest ramp. That was little deflating but that's boating life I guess, stuff happens.   Dad didn't get his boat ride but we pulled it over to them in Tavares so he could see it and we still had a great time visiting the folks. Reality is the boat was an excuse to get us all together and it worked even if the boat didn't.

Anyway, the motor will come out in a few weeks and we'll see what the damage is, If it's back together for next march we'll give it another try.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 11:34am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

...... the motor will come out in a few weeks and we'll see what the damage is, If it's back together for next march we'll give it another try.

Oh, sorry to hear! Was Adam driving?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 11:51am
Alan,
How did you determine the 331 spun a bearing? Noise? Oil pressure? Yes, sorry to hear about the problem.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Alan,
How did you determine the 331 spun a bearing? Noise? Oil pressure? Yes, sorry to hear about the problem.

Both Pete, metallic noise that I thought was in the transmission at first, it still had oil pressure at this time so we towed it in. Launched it the next day to trouble shoot and we had no oil pressure. I just hope we didn't damage the block, I should know in a couple of weeks when I get a chance to pull the motor out.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 1:03pm
Alan,
It would have really surprised me if the problem was in the trans. Those old ones are really built!!

That spun bearing must have been due to all the extra HP you get from that carb set up!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Alan,
It would have really surprised me if the problem was in the trans. Those old ones are really built!!

That spun bearing must have been due to all the extra HP you get from that carb set up!

I think the problem may have been manifesting itself since day one with the over heat situations I had to work through. the actual damage may have been done a couple of years ago. We may have just had a time bomb on our hands and I think we were lucky to have not had an oil pan failure.   
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 2:46pm
On the way to the glen in Saturday's rain, picture from Jbear's boat in the lead, Jake (Silver15),Art and Reid

Buy the time we got near the glen the rain had stopped and Kermie showed up

As usual Sunday turned out great, so all who were still there piled into what boats that
were left and rafted up. Cousin Don put up the dive flag on his top for those that wanted to check out the spring. Being a dive boat operator now he has some interesting stories most involving tires,tents and swimsuit models retrieving anchors.

Another great weekend,and BIG Thanks to all especially to Mr & Mrs Jbear for putting us up and putting up with us..
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 4:36pm
You fellas are brave getting in that cold a$$ water this time of year. Our local lake is still in the low 70's and I haven't been in there yet.

Pics are great. Keep them coming.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

You fellas are brave getting in that cold a$$ water this time of year. Our local lake is still in the low 70's and I haven't been in there yet.

JP,
Drive on up. I'll cut a hole in the ice for you. You can join the polar bear club!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 5:07pm
I did find this really crappy picture of Art playing chicken with me in the '61. Thought I had some of him surfing my rooster as well but do not.
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678>
  Share Topic