NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Toertel's Italian adventure

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Toertel's Italian adventure
    Posted: November-02-2015 at 6:36am
So were here for 2 month now and boy do we miss hanging out with CCF bro's and spending time on the water. We skied/footed once and then it got too cold...in September
Anyway, we did spend the last weekend on the water (kinda) and visited Venice

and did all the tourist stuff

Had no fun at all

BTW now I know why nobody owns a boat in Europe

That was That the pump in Venice and translates to 25 gals x 3.78=94.5 x 1.62 Euro = 153 Euro or 168 USD!!!!! The buckedhead race would burn a hole into the budget....

Anyway, we got spare beds, so come visit!

BTW while the Italian food is great, by now it sucks, as there is almost no other thing to eat....
1994 Sport Nautique
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 7:59am
How long will you be there, and kids in school?
Js
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 11:57am
Missing you guys here in Georgia!
You shopping for a Riva Aquarama while you are there?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 12:01pm
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 12:11pm
The plan is to be there 1-2 years, so time for ya'll to visit

Jim, I seem to be 700k short for a riva

Larry, I would not swim in that water! We were in the 50's and the water still smelled (no romance there in the gondola...) Besides that, the thought of footing/sking crossed my mind as it would make a nice shot
1994 Sport Nautique
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 12:20pm
Might as well get a new car to go with the Riva!!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 12:46pm
GOT THE CAR COVERED!
That's a pic when we took delivery

(not) but I'm thinking of buying an old vespa scooter to play with

And I'm looking at this on my desk every day...will try to build a replica dash for it
1994 Sport Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 1:55pm
When in Rome... Check out Boesch!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 7:49am
Enjoy and keep posting pictures.   Not sure the Chick-Fil-A care Wil make it through customs
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 7:55am
Chic-fil-A would be nice!
By now I'm trying to hunt down a big green egg and start doing my own brisket....Sshould try to connect through CLT and stop at the Carolina BBQ Pit
1994 Sport Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2015 at 7:44am
No worries, next spring/summer hop in your car and make a road trip to Belgium.
I'll make sure y'all get some hours on the water... And have nice accomodations!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2015 at 7:49am
Our daughter Emily (17) is going to Europe for an educational tour, in March. London, Paris, Florence and Rome. We were to join them, but they were covered for chaperones.
Js
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2015 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

I'll make sure y'all get some hours on the water... And have nice accomodations!

Kristof,
Mention to Sebastian that you've got a BBQ grill or even better, a smoker and he may just make that road trip earlier!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2015 at 10:33am

It's size of your tub that scares me cause if the tub is that small, how big is the guest bed???

If we time it just right then maybe we'll have a European/American Mini.......
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2015 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

It's size of your tub that scares me cause if the tub is that small, how big is the guest bed???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2015 at 4:48pm
We really enjoyed Venice. went to Italy for the month of August a few years ago. Let me tell you that is the hot time of the year seriously. have you taken trains? airconditioned? when you leave the station they seem to be fine but a little down the track all of a sudden no air LOL. went from Rome to Venice and down to Assasi and then the the cinqua terra region. it was beautiful. where will you settle for the stay? i would go back for sure. enjoy as we will your photos.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2015 at 7:00am
Jerry, even better, so you can come and don't worry about the kids....your more than welcome

Jack, I work in the train business, so no comment as the company I work for also sells HVAC's for trains....

Owning a CC is great but you start to condition the kids and they see when a boat is not up to snuff...when Gabe saw the gondola, he gave me the "MasterCraft" look haha

Food wherever you look but as I said before, only Italian stuff (meet a guy from ATL at Gabe's school and he brought the egg, so BBQ is now covered)

And yes, we are also doing the tourist thing
#beentheredonethat
1994 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2015 at 10:41am
Well Mr. Italiano....looks like you're making the spaghetti next time we hit Lake X for the weekend.

Brrrrrrrr Looks cold!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2015 at 3:28pm

That will haunt me for the rest of my life...
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2015 at 3:55pm

It's size of your tub that scares me

And it should haunt you. You should have known better with this group! Now if you had posted Chantel in your tub, that would have been a different story!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2015 at 5:12pm

That reminds me of this joke Kristof.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2015 at 11:21am
Hey, I know you guys like pics, so I'll keep em coming.
We went to the beach for some (shock) fishing (Thanks Jimbob for teaching Gabe)

Our mastiff had her first walk on the beach (lake lanier doesn't count)

Then we pretended to have the CC with us for a pull (boy was the Adriatic coast flat...)

Oh and after seeing skutch's work in the yard, I had to use the ride on that our landlord left us, beer and did this
Before

After (note, the lines are not straight anymore due to silver bullets or the Italian equivalent)
1994 Sport Nautique
must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2015 at 3:27pm
toertel
Where in Italy are you, We are north west of Milan near Lake Maggiore if you out this way then shout.
The boat is still in the water for the next few weeks.
Tom
1986 Martinique - sold

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2015 at 4:57pm
Tom, we live in Casinalbo outside of Modena
I'll shout lound and clear next week!
1994 Sport Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2015 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

That reminds me of this joke Kristof.

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2015 at 11:49am
Sebastian,

Looks like you are enjoying you time in Italy! All the Best to you are your Family!
Make sure you take Pictures next weekend and keep them coming!    

Ya know how we love Pictures!
-Steve the Pirate
86 Barefoot Nautique

Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 8:18am
Temps started to drop and we are missing the US of A...

Gabe is enjoying school and helping me out sometimes

At least he gets to spend time one something fun with an engine...while mom does not like my idea of a Ducati or Vespa...

snow started to fall this weekend in the mountains close by

Oh and my dad had a heart and got me this bad boy (chicken was prep for turkey day this week and then I'll try a brisket)

Jimbob, your company produces the BGE and you should get a 50% discount once! So unless you already did that, I got dibs on that!!!

1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2015 at 5:40am
While we did have to work Thursday and Friday, we still thought of ya'll and had a Saturday turkey dinner.
We brined the bird over night and injected him with a butter/rum mix

Most of the rum however magically ended up inside of me LOL

The we got the Joe up to 350f and put the bird on

The hardest part is not seeing what smells to good and sounds like heaven (other than the sound of our boat which we miss)

We basted that bad boy every hours with some butter/rum

And then waited and waited haha

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving ya'll
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2015 at 7:23am
Looks great!!
Js
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2015 at 8:45am
solid
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic