NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2016 White Lake Shindig

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678>
Author
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2016 at 8:39pm
Man I like that FN !!
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2016 at 10:29pm
Looks like it was a great time. Questions....

Whose red BFN? It looks nice.
Is Joe's boat now towerless?
Whose Fish?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2016 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Whose Fish?

1) Scott Monaghan's. It is a beautiful boat.
2)That is Scott Z's boat. Very nice boat.
3)I'm sorry to say I forget his name, but he is a member. Nicest Fish I've seen.
herrlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2016 at 10:37pm
I had a great time again this year at White Lake. Special thanks to Townsend and WLM for their hospitality and generosity. It was great to see everyone from previous years and to meet some new people.   I did not get as many pics as previous years. I think part due to cooler water temps and part due to missing some opportunities to document those who did rip it up in spite of the cooler water.

I did bring a video camera this year and was able to grab some footage. Below is a link to all of the raw media that I captured. You should be able to download anything you want to. Disclaimer, I have a similar approach to video as photo and that is get a lot and hope some turns out good. Ignore the upside down videos, they are B-roll.

https://goo.gl/photos/S4fKZgwY2mnH3ih77

I will try to point out some of my favorite videos in later post. I wanted to try to put an edited video of the weekend together if I get time (probably won’t).
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2016 at 10:41pm
Link does not appear to be working
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
herrlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2016 at 11:01pm
Eric learns matter in motion doesn’t always stay in motion
Tim finds inspiration to release the doves
Eric learns matter in motion doesn’t always stay in motion…. again
Joe fails at properly decoding spotter terminology

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO_Msj8veN3l-469VlW6N5wLDmsb8s62h8zz6o-zDyVRaX6zHGwd8vkJou37N4Yww/photo/AF1QipN5_KcWn8pca8UAWkTO25S5xalSKWLzI42mT1KQ?key=MW1xSG81dTM3RmllVF9hLUhIMVNPMFVXbTU1RmVn
herrlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2016 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Link does not appear to be working

Try it now. I did have to edit after I originally posted it.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 12:14am
you guys are killin' me.......how are you getting my pictures from my phone on to the site?

anyhow..thanx for sharing!

FN was awesome...I rode in it but it was just about the only boat I didn't get to drive. Didn't get to drive Steve's beautiful Excel either.....nor did I get a Val hug.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 12:57am
awesome videos Dan.

Scott, the boat sounds great. Let Tim go prop shopping for you and it will be bad ass. Also, there will never be enough videos of David footing in rough water

Rico gets my vote for the crash trophy, as per usual. I give the Tim and Scott dismount a 6. Come on guys, first weekend of the year, step it up, give the people what they want.

Looks like a fun weekend, weather and water not withstanding.

Who brought the cream and maroon footer? Or white and maroon maybe?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 2:34am

A great weekend in every respect but the weather which certainly could have been much worse. Cool and cloudy on Friday and very breezy both days but lots of boating and a fair amount of skiing and footing still got done. Thanks to Townsend and the White Lake Marine folks for putting on a first class reunion!! Great to see so many from my last trip to White Lake and really special to meet Uncle Todd and Bruce and Tom Hart who I've "known" through the site but had never actually met.....truly fine people!!

Adam: That BFN is the latest addition to the Hart family collection,,,,first time they saw it as it came from someone Greg Fosset knew and they were picking it up to go to its new home. Evidently the Harts like to purchase barefooters sight unseen!

Dan: Great pictures and video work!!! Thanks!!

John: Good pictures and posting....oh right...you didn't post...how the hell they do that??
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Whose Fish?

1) Scott Monaghan's. It is a beautiful boat.
2)That is Scott Z's boat. Very nice boat.
3)I'm sorry to say I forget his name, but he is a member. Nicest Fish I've seen.

Steve,

Scott Z 's 84 was crazy original and clean out of sweet home Alabama and the Fish was Mike's from Raleigh, NC. He uses it up at Kerr Lake in the Raleigh area as a lake boat and does not use it in the Ocean, but it does have fresh water cooling. It has one single 351 motor. Many of us kept thinking he was the Po Po when we saw him on the lake. I must of slammed four beers by mistake. Luckily I was in training for what I am not sure.
Scott purchased that Red Barefoot that you showed some interest in last year. Oh man is in a nice looking boat.
Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 4:40am
Originally posted by AirTique98 AirTique98 wrote:

Adam: That BFN is the latest addition to the Hart family collection,,,,first time they saw it as it came from someone Greg Fosset knew and they were picking it up to go to its new home. Evidently the Harts like to purchase barefooters sight unseen!

Thanks Bill. That doesn't surprise me even a little bit. Ii saw the pictures of Bruce and Tom in and around it, but didn't know the story. Anybody got any details? How does it run?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 8:57am
Adam
The barefooter was my buddy Carl's. I could not keep things in balance at home by adding another boat without one leaving......this being said the word was put out and the Harts scored.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 10:04am
Adam, the boat is awesome. Dave worked out the details with Greg and Carl and we picked it up at Reid's. It was exactly as we expected it. It's pretty much all original. It's been a work boat and shows it, but is just what we were looking for. It ran great. We put about 8-9 hours on it Friday and Saturday. We'll clean it up a bit, but it will not be restored. It's going to continue to be a work boat.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 10:54am
A few more pics. I got all the good one's (at least the one's I dared to take) off of John's camera so I F12'd my way into Kristin Fossett's camera for a few good shots.

Senior Division Trick Line

60s-70s-80s

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 11:12am
Larry,
Who's Tique is that? I don't recognize the face or my eyes aren't good enough!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 11:18am
I forget the fellows name. He was there a year or two ago and then made an appearance again this year. Not sure where he is out of. He works for PCM. Someone else can fill in the details. Nice looking boat though.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 11:22am
The Tique, I believe is Jim Miller's. Jim lives in SC close to Columbia
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
NauticoRico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NauticoRico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 11:34am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Rico gets my vote for the crash trophy, as per usual.

Thanks Adam. I'm glad all of my off season training is paying off - you have to work hard to be able to pull off crashes like that
'72 Skier (Orange)
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I forget the fellows name. He was there a year or two ago and then made an appearance again this year. Not sure where he is out of. He works for PCM. Someone else can fill in the details. Nice looking boat though.

Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

The Tique, I believe is Jim Miller's. Jim lives in SC close to Columbia

So Jim's not one of us?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 12:13pm
It is Jim Miller.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 12:18pm

Jbear and the '84 Ski Nautique
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 12:23pm

Scott's and Jackie's boats
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 12:25pm

A great view from the motel room!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
62classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 12:31pm
I think this marks my first official post. Thanks to everyone for a great weekend, especially Townsend and White Lake Marine. Great meeting everyone that I hadn't already. Can't wait for next year!

Tim & Rico

Tom Hart
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 12:48pm
B.D.T.

('bout dern time)

Oh, and while I am here, I had not yet said, but need to, and like everyone else, echo my appreciation to Townsend and WLM for hosting such a great event. Thanks to all.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 1:21pm
Next year Kermit is going to have a workshop on color coordination,something in a nice turtle neck maybe ?

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Next year Kermit is going to have a workshop on color coordination,something in a nice turtle neck maybe ?

Clashing wardrobe aside, that little green boat went through quite a metamorphosis since last October.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 2:15pm
Is that stitching in place if the original heat stamp lines on the combing pads and seats?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 2:43pm
Reid found heat stamped vinyl... That interior came out awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678>
  Share Topic