NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct craft Separator

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2016 at 12:16pm
Sucks that the HM was replaced with a 302. Here a thread about the Separator.

Then there was this beast that showed up in a recent thread as well:

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2016 at 12:06pm
Kevin,
Welcome to CCfan.

Larry,
I don't know why you said your memory is "fuzzy"? You did a fantastic job and make a great CC historian.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2016 at 11:57am
Hi and welcome. What do you mean by history? Era of production? I used to know this pretty well, but its fuzzy in my head now. YOu can review all of the historic brochures in the reference section to get up to speed. Separator came out in late 60s, 68 maybe and went through mid 70s. Mostly v-drives, but also came in an I/O version.   It had a twin, the torino, that was the same boat but with a conventional flat windshield. After a while, just the Separator name continued, and for a year or so had the option of bat boat or flat windshields, then at the end of its run, just the flat windshield. They are very cool boats in my mind, some folks like them, some not so much. There are a hand full on this site, most of them owned by member connorssons (Jeff Connors) I believe he has 5. He is just wrapping up restoration of a 71 or 2 I believe, I/O version, but really warmed it up. It is an upper 70s MPH boat, I believe. He did a beautiful restoration. He picked up a complete boat in good shape from florida, a beautiful blue one that was a good runner but I believe needed a little bit of work, and a couple other projects. As you noted, the downside is, they are not great ski boats. Too much weight in the rear, poor hole shot. Some have tried to combat that with trim tabs, but I don't know with how much success. Go to the diaries section and search torino and separator and you will see what there is around here, tho I dont think Jeff has too many, if any diary entries. Use the forum search feature to find threads about them as well. Yes, try to dig out your pictures and post them. Again, welcome.

Edit: found the thread on Jeff's rebuild. Unfortunately his early photos are missing, but still a good read, with photos of the rebuild showing up.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20140&KW=separator&PN=1&title=75-separator-rebuild

Edit II: Here is the blue one he picked up
revkev6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revkev6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2016 at 11:45am
hey all first post! Does anyone have any good history on the Correct Craft "Separator" model?? When I was a kid in the early 90's my father and uncles picked up a rough 1971 Correct Craft. We had gotten into skiing and they had dreams of this being a cheap way to make a tow boat. it was rough, but they swapped out the cracked Holman moody 351 block with a 302 and swapped all the parts over to it. interior was completely reupholstered and the horrible dark green was replaced with white hull and bright yellow deck. it still had the twin "bat boat" windshields. it turned out to not be a great ski boat, so the work was for naught in their eyes. during the rebuild they never pulled the floor and checked underneath. she would swamp the stern when you came off plane so my guess was she was waterlogged pretty bad.

I've always loved the boat and have heard it's still around tucked away in a barn. all the photos of it are in an album somewhere at my parents or uncles house. It came out very nice looking as my uncle is a bodyman who restores vintage cars. it was the first boat my brother and I got to take out on the lake alone when we got our coast guard licenses.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic