NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It’s a girl!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It’s a girl!
    Posted: June-07-2006 at 6:53pm
Just got back from ultra sound and amnio with the wife (impressive piece of electronics by the way). Looks like our new addition will be a girl. At my age, I knew it wouldn't be long before my little one would be kicking my butt out on the water. Just don't think I visualized that it would be SHE who would be doing it. It's all good. Happy for my wife, and looking forward to spending time with my daughter out on the water. BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 7:35pm
Brian

Congratulations to you and your wife
Scott
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 8:09pm
   Congrats Brian,
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 8:13pm
     You might just have yourself a "show ski" girl on the way....Best wishes to you and the wife.

Jeff...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 8:18pm
   Whoops, somehow that got submitted before I was done!Anyway-congrats and enjoy the times to come.My son is 8 and got up on skis at 5,wakeboarding at 7.My daughter will hopefully be trying the board this summer-she is 7.It changes your whole outlook on life.Good times!

......Mike
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 8:51pm
Congrats Brian....hope all goes well for you and the Misses....and the Baby!!!!!!!!
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 9:08pm
Maybe gas will be $7 a gallon by the time she's old enough to learn to ski!
Tim D
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 9:19pm
daughters are terrific. congrats to the both of you
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 9:50pm
A girl! Wonderful! We have two boys that are so much fun....but now we have a grand daughter
and it's a whole new thing! You're gonna have a blast! Congratulations!
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 10:01pm
Congrats to you and your wife Brian!!!

Take full advantage of your off time to sleep. Once that little girl arrives you'll be sleeping with one eye open!!

Hard to believe my baby girl is 11 now......going on 18..
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 10:24pm
Yippie!

OK...I have four boys...so I don't know jack about raising girls but, A buddy of mine has great advice for when they begin dating and you meet the boy!

1)Mention..."Son,I don't really mind having to go back to prison"

OR

2)"son,anything you try on her , you will need to try on me first"

Congrats to you both!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 10:57pm
Brian; Let me add my congrats to all the rest! You both must be reat excited. Boy is your life gonna change! I think this little lady is gonna be real spoiled.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 12:21am
Thanks guys.

About the only thing I know about little girls is that when they grow up, they like to spend your money. A whole new world of things to learn.

Yes John, I fear she will be spoiled. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 12:40am
Brian,
A Girl! Great news!!! If she's like our daughter, she'll have you wrapped around her little finger!!
   but you better start saving now!..
Our "baby" daughter (now almost 24) went to an out of state private school. After 4 years of what would have paid for a couple of new CCs..she got engaged.. so.. just got done paying for a wedding.

Still one of the best things to happen"to us"

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
surroundsound64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundsound64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 12:40am
Congratulations man!!!! Great news!
1981 Ski Nautique
2000 SAN

Looking for a 2000-2006 SAN
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 8:43am
hahahaha, Congrats Brian !!! I thought the same thing as you, but had two unbelievable girls, and eventhough I an extremely outnumbered at home,,, I would'nt have it any other way !!! 6 and 8 and they both took their first run behind the Tique last weekend !! Congrats again to you both !!!
Moj'
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 9:00am
Congrats Brian!! As a father of 2 girls and a step father of one having three girls is a blessing. The two ten year olds already kneeboard together and just got up on a wakeboard last weekend. Just keep a loaded shotgun by each door and tell the boy " I ain't afraid to use it!!" Hey, you'll always have a beautiful girl with you on the lake!
The first worry will be trying to convince her mom!
CONGRATS!!!

Foot
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 9:21am
Girls are great.
Congrats!
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 9:35am
That's great news, Brian. Congratulations to you and your wife.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 10:27am
Congrats Brian, Kids are great, They have a way of keeping you focused on whats really important.

I've got 2 of the best kids in the world, my son was my best man at my second wedding and my daughter will still curl up in my lap at age 13. How can it get any better than that.

Sounds like a lot of proud pappa's out there, now I know we're hanging with a good crowd.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 12:00pm
Congratulations. My little girl can swim now, I hope to get her on a kneeboard or something this summer. She's pretty much a dare devil when it comes to things and she's not afraid of the water, so I think she'll do fine. Here's a pic of my little one, a daddy's girl.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 12:30pm
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout Tim. Beautiful little girl you have there. Gives a guy a lot to look forward to. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 12:34pm
Tim,

You'll have your hands full when she gets older. The boys will be chasing her everywhere! She's adorable, Tim. What's her name?

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 12:49pm
Ok, If we are going to start bragging on our own kids (of course only in the interest of letting Brian know how great it is and how much he has to look forward to) here is mine.

Congratulations Brian. It's going to be a blast.

Oh, and speaking of getting your butt kicked...I can still hold my own skiing, but I still swim compet*tively (masters swimming for us old folks) and my daughter is on her High School swim team. I can still beat her times in most things, but I am afraid to say there is one event that she can now clean my clock in. All I can say is "good for her"

(and my 13 year old son is getting to be a fair wakeboarder. I thought "oh, that looks pretty easy". I can barely stand up on the thing.)

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 2:22pm
Thanks,her name is Lindsey, she's 5 years old. I'll start shopping for a shotgun in a few years. I can retire when she graduates from high school, most of the people I went to school with have kids in college.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 3:37pm
I'm no way, shape or form comparing animals to children, but these are our kids. My wife and I are exploring adoption right now. A long road ahead of us, but it's worth it! I love kids.

Ken

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 5:22pm
I live with a few girls myself.

13&9 going on 22! (or 2 depending on the day!)
But believe me, living w/ 3 girls I'm not sure of anything anymore

Hey Ken, we went down that road.
It looked long at the time, but seems very short now.

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 5:34pm
Woops! No pic?
I stink at this pic posting in forums.
Oh well, Believe me, they're prettier than Ken's girls!
(Just kiddin Ken - those are cuties!)
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 9:31pm
    Ken,
Animals are much cleaner than kids- We faced the same situation 8 years ago.Adopted both of our kids and wouldn't change it for the world.Best of luck,if I can answer any"real world questions"don't hesitate to ask.

....Mike
Fook_U View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fook_U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 12:06am
Congrats Brian!

Ken,
My wife and I were faced with that road too, but life has delt us a new hand this past march. After many thousands of dollars in Dr. bills (insurance did not cover squat) and a surgery (women stuff ) my wife is also prego and we will be expecting in Dec.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic