Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CC’s on ebay

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CC’s on ebay
    Posted: June-07-2006 at 11:23pm
well, for those who may be interested ebay has some interesting old cc's right now. two atom skiers, a cuda and a couple stangs.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 1:01pm
I have a question. The old atom skier reportedly wasnt winterized and the freeze plugs popped. Does that necessarily mean the engine is toast or only a high probability the engine is toast? The engine working would be nice, but I would be happy with trailer, shaft, rudder, transmission strut, log and any other mechanicals.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 1:11pm
Only a high probability, over the years I have had 3 out of 4 with the freeze plugs blown out also have at least one cylinder wall crack. I wouldnt count on the logs still being good any water left in those stands a pretty good chance of causing a crack. I was thinking of bidding on that basket case just to make sure she didnt end up in the dumpster but if your giving it a look I will stay away I really dont need anything else to work on at this point.
-Joe
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 2:13pm
somebody from fox river grove, il just put up a tique too.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 12:36am
So many boats.. so little time
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
1950satom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1950satom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2006 at 11:04pm
Guess I am the sucker who picked up the CC Atom Skiier. It rained all weekend so I only had a chance to pick it up but not go over it yet. That will be next weekends project. Any advice anyone can give would be helpful. I just joined the forum and am going to start going through old posts this week to gather advice. I don't even know where to start with the engine. Once I gather some better pictures I will learn how to post. The owner said it was a 1953 14' Atom Skiier. I am not sure how to confirm this or figure out what model it actually is.
Thanks for any help,
Greg
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2006 at 11:09pm
congrats, did you buy the woody that is a project boat or did you buy the one that was about finished out?
1950satom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1950satom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2006 at 11:57pm
Definately the woody which is a project boat. Was told the freeze plugs were blown out but I havn't gotten a chance to check that out yet. Over all I got a quick look at it in the rain and some bleach to kill the mildew and some new top paint should do the trick along with some gelcoat work on the hull but the engine is the big question. One person suggested to me that I just scrap the 302 and try and get another engine. Not sure where I should go with it and how much HP the boat can take.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic