NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski NAUTIQUE 2001 overheat? Or??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Blake71121 Blake71121 wrote:

Replaced the intake filter   

Blake,
What intake filter? We have already mentioned questionable non marine parts the PO has installed. If you are talking about the thing that sits on top of the carb, it's not a filter nor is it replaced. The USCG flame arrestor is cleaned only. Please post some pictures before you drive a potential hazard.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Blake71121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake71121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 2:38pm
My apologies, should be more specific!! By replace I mean cleaned and placed back on the Carb. It is a Holly Marine Flame Arrestor with the blue marine/boat logo on top. The previous owner definitely made some questionable decisions but the parts are all infact marine. I made sure to check and double check this before placing my friends/family in harms way. I will post some pictures shortly when I get it all buttoned up this weekend.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 6:27pm
Sounds like some good progress. Like we all said before, with a boat that old you'll find multiple problems. Get everything addressed and you'll have one extremely reliable unit. I didn't like the look of the DUI because it's bulky but it's an excellent addition if you really want to go the EI route.

Like Paul said, make sure to test the voltage to the coil running and that will tell the tale if that's the issue.

I just completely re wired/re structured my 85 dash. Got rid of all the daisy chains in favor of some different style connections. If everything is in nice shape and the gauge is correct you should see 13-13.5 volts on the gauge running (actual alternator output)
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 6:54pm
Fixing all the wiring problems should help it. If it doesn't check to see if the , but there is a over-flow or siphon on fuel tank. I have heard of them getting plugged and vapor locking Gas. Back of hull on either left or right. Silver looking thing.
Lakedog55
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by lakedog55 lakedog55 wrote:

Fixing all the wiring problems should help it. If it doesn't check to see if the , but there is a over-flow or siphon on fuel tank. I have heard of them getting plugged and vapor locking Gas. Back of hull on either left or right. Silver looking thing.

Mike,
To clarify, there are two items that can get plugged back at the tank.

The first is the anti siphon. It looks like a fuel line fitting where the fuel line is connected to the top of the tank.

The second is the tank vent. It's a hose typically about an 1" that goes from the top of the tank to a thru hull fitting in the boat hull.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

I just completely re wired/re structured my 85 dash. Got rid of all the daisy chains in favor of some different style connections.

Zach,
Where are the pictures???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Blake71121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake71121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 9:36pm
Both anti siphon and gas vent hoses are clear and clean. Good shape and free flowing. I'm really thinking the issue lies withen the electrical issues and if not rebuilding the carb will likely be my last hope. I plan on taking this week to rewire the boat.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2016 at 10:20am
Pete,

I was moving quickly so I didn't get and detailed pics of the wiring up close. Just w general shot not completely finished and a few of the new panel installed. Still have one air guide out messing with it so it's technically all the way finished.

Ran it on Saturday. Shows 13.8 running without anything on and about 12.5 with all accessories on. Mission accomplished.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic