NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop question/suggestion/problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
Author
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2016 at 1:23am
So want to say thanks in advance for you guys letting a not CC guy ask questions on here.
So the motor I have is a 350 efi with 260hp I think. On the motor it says max rpm 4400-4800.

Remember im also in denver so im at 5280 elevation.

Ok so my old prop was a 13x13 oj that has some dings in it. I think we gps it at 40mph one time and im not sure what the tach said.

So just bought a acme 541 from hollywood. The thing looks great, looks brand new and he did an awesome job shipping it out quick.

So I put it on and got my first run today and we were at 40.5 or so mph. That is with half a tank and 2 ppl in the boat. When my buddy went in the back we touched 41. The rpm was at 4200ish maybe a touch over that not 4300 tho.

So now Im wondering what you guys would recomend for a prop with those numbers I just gave you. Just to refresh your memory the 541 is a 13x12. Another option is the 543 and thats a 13x11.5. Im also wondering if I could go to a 13x11? I dont know anything about props I could be going the wrong way here. I do know acme says the 543 should give you an extra 150 rpm or so.

Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
  Share Topic