Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New project 1965 mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
Author
Bilkolayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New project 1965 mustang
    Posted: September-13-2016 at 9:47am
Hello I'm Jon and I'm new here I just picked up a 1965 correct craft with a 283 chevy. The boat was involved in a fire so there is some repairs to be made not too extensive Buenos needs to be done... I'm going to give it a good look over this afternoon and post some pics.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 10:00am
Jon,
Welcome to CCfan. If you haven't already, take some time and explore the site. Plenty of great information that you will find interesting and I feel needed for your project. If you can't find something, just ask. The membership knowledge base is fantastic. We'll be waiting on the pictures!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 10:38am
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 11:24am
Yes that was the one
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 11:30am
Originally posted by scootdogydog scootdogydog wrote:

This 1964?

The link's not working for me. Anyone else?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 11:38am
He took the add down I'm trying to figure out how to post pics now
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 11:42am
Jon,
Use the "post reply" and not the quick reply that's at the bottom of each thread. Click on the tree with the up arrow icon and a browse box will come up.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 12:38pm
Yea I tryed that and it's only bring up my camera so I'll take pics in a bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 12:45pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 12:48pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 12:54pm
http://owlshead.org/gallery3/index.php/Barn-Fresh-Nautical/1965-Correct-Craft-Mustang-Series-Ski-Boat-9-500

I think this might have been the boat at one time
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Bilkolayne Bilkolayne wrote:

http://owlshead.org/gallery3/index.php/Barn-Fresh-Nautical/1965-Correct-Craft-Mustang-Series-Ski-Boat-9-500

I think this might have been the boat at one time

Yup, it sure looks like the same boat. Here's a direct link.
Jon,
Do you know anything about the fire? How it happened?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 1:53pm
The guy explained that thay where tuning the carb and it back fired out the top then spread. Most of the damage is just from the heat. The stbd gunnle is a little soft so I will need to remove the support and relace then fiberglass over. I will prob wind up laying a fresh coat of glass over the dash also.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 5:13pm
Just went and bought a new set of plug wipers and an assortment of wire and heat sink connectors also won a set of vintage looking gages on ebay thay will be here in a few days
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 5:20pm
I recognize it from the photo in the Owls Head photo. I had stopped and looked at it a few years ago. It was somewhere between Alfred/Sanford and the Berwicks. You have your work cut out for you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I recognize it from the photo in the Owls Head photo. I had stopped and looked at it a few years ago. It was somewhere between Alfred/Sanford and the Berwicks. You have your work cut out for you!

Yea it's not as bad as it looks.... some glass work wiring and paint I also need to find a windshield. There was a Tayler made on bostion cl last week for 100 but someone grabbed it
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 5:28pm

The guy explained that thay where tuning the carb and it back fired out the top then spread. Most of the damage is just from the heat. The stbd gunnle is a little soft so I will need to remove the support and relace then fiberglass over. I will prob wind up laying a fresh coat of glass over the dash also.

And they laughed at me when I handed out two fire extinguishers while trying to get the promo to run this weekend...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

And they laughed at me when I handed out two fire extinguishers while trying to get the promo to run this weekend...

I didn't laugh at you. I pull the fire extinguishers out when we're messing around like that at my house. We had fire coming out the carb and the exhaust when we were trying to start up our tique earlier this year. Not a good combo when you're pouring gas down the carb with a cup. We have to find a better method than that.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

We have to find a better method than that.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 6:05pm
Nah, still too sloppy Pete- at least for vertical pours. Empty dish soap bottle works better.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 6:10pm
Don't put the flame arrestor back on they said. It'll be fine they said.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 7:16pm
I'm pretty sure after I put an Edelbrock carburetor in it I won't need to prore any fuel down the carb so fire should not be a problem
planejob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planejob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2016 at 10:10pm
I chuckle when I read about replacing Holley carbs with Edelbrock carbs on boats. Obviously, Edelbrock is preferred over Holleys like Fords are preferred over walking. From my experience with automotive stuff, listed under "Life Experience" on my C.V., it has always been the opposite. Nobody wanted a junky old Edelbrock - you couldn't give them away... literally.

I suppose it's a matter of using the right tool for the mission.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this resto-mod proceeds. If you were closer I'd come over to your house and drink your beer while I watched you work. Err, I mean "help".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2016 at 9:57am

Got the windshield off and started cleaning up a little bit. The gauges that I ordered will be here tomorrow I also ordered another matching speedo. I also installed the plug wiers and bared the engine over to make sure all was good and not seized up for anything. I took the month off of work so I will have plenty of time to work on it. I want to at least get it primerd before I go back to work.
relake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2016 at 10:12am
Looking forward to following your progress.....

Am I seeing things, or is the fire extinguisher still strapped on the floorboard?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2016 at 10:12am
Originally posted by planejob planejob wrote:

Obviously, Edelbrock is preferred over Holleys like Fords are preferred over walking.

Yeah that's not actually the case around these parts typically.. the holley (or a quickfuel holley style replacement) is generally preferred for a ford application. Chryslers which came with AFBs and spread bore chevys that came with quadrajets would be a little different.   Slapping a new marine edelbrock carb on a ford marine engine and you are typically looking at least at running a wedge spacer to get it to run... and many have given up on the task and went back to their holleys.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2016 at 10:31am
Originally posted by relake relake wrote:

Looking forward to following your progress.....

Am I seeing things, or is the fire extinguisher still strapped on the floorboard?

Yes the fire extinguisher is still strapped to the kick plate that goes under the dash. And it was unused still good LOL
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2016 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by planejob planejob wrote:

Edelbrock is preferred over Holleys like Fords are preferred over walking.

gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilkolayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2016 at 2:24pm

New gages come inn today
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2016 at 2:49pm
So, I have to assume there was a payout from ones insurance company??
I applaud you for your efforts.. I'd be shopping for a new boat...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
  Share Topic